Xbox Series X is disconnecting both external hard drive and my controller.

Discus and support Xbox Series X is disconnecting both external hard drive and my controller. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The external hard drive isn't optimized for the series X. But this issue still occurs even when playing a game installed on the internal storage?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by August Poe, Aug 13, 2023.

1. August Poe
    August Poe Guest

The external hard drive isn't optimized for the series X. But this issue still occurs even when playing a game installed on the internal storage?

:)

August Poe, Aug 13, 2023
  2. Nilay Bhattacharjee Win User

Hello August P,

I'm Nilay and I'll be glad to answer your query today.

Please perform a powercycle on your console as this usually fixes this issue.
    ​​​
    POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​
    ​​​
    1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​
    2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If the issue persists please perform a factory reset on your console keeping your games and apps to delete any corrupted system data.

Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.
    Select Reset console.
    Reset and keep my games & apps.

Alternatively follow https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/213226/Why+isn't+my+controller+connecting-staying+connected+to+the+console this link for other troubleshooting steps.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Good Luck
    Regards
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

xbox series x seagate from xbox one not showing any games when plugged into the series x

Hi,

Do you still have your Xbox One and does your external hard drive still work on that console?

I have successfully connected both my Seagate 'Game Drive' and my external SSD USB 3.0 drives to my Series S without any problems. All my installed games show up fine.

The Series X/S supports the same external drives as the Xbox One/S/X support. If your drive isn't being detected it's probably become corrupted or has a hardware issue.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series X eternal hard drive

Hi,

If your game is now a Series X optimised title, it can no longer be played off an external hard drive. It must be moved to either the internal storage or an optional expansion card.

External USB hard drives are too slow to play Series X optimised games. None Series X games will still run from your external drive. The internal storage in the Series X is a fast NVME SSD. These drives are several times faster than mechanical hard drives.
  5. Smwutches Win User

External storage

6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Can you transport Xbox 360 / One games on a Harddrive of some sort on a Series X?

If you have an Xbox One with an external USB 3.0 hard drive connected to it with games installed on it. Then just disconnect the drive from the Xbox One, and connect it to the Series X, the drive should be recognized, and you should be able to play the games without having to install them.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X is disconnecting both external hard drive and my controller. - Similar Threads - Series disconnecting both

2. Series X disconnects from WiFi every 5-10 minutes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X disconnects from WiFi every 5-10 minutes: Hi I’m having a problem with my Xbox series x. Every 5-10 minutes my internet disconnects and then reconnects instantly but it’s just enough time for me to get kicked out of whatever online game...
  3. Xbox series X randomly disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X randomly disconnecting: My xbox series x keeps randomly disconnecting. Every 5-10 minutes, itll completely lose connection and sign me out, then reconnect 15 seconds later, long enough to kick me out of a game if im in...
  4. My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...: Xbox controller series s keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and it keeps happening over and over I thought it was my headset dongle so I moved it to the back to avoid any interference but still...
  5. My Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting: A couple months ago I bought a brand new controller with the official rechargeable battery pack. I have had issues with the controller disconnecting and losing power since day one. Today I decided...
  6. Why my Xbox series X keep disconnecting from my network?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my Xbox series X keep disconnecting from my network?: The issue began about a month and a half ago and has gotten consistently worse. I will be in the middle on a Overwatch 2 game and the latency will jump from 30 to the 1600s and then the console...
  7. Xbox series X keeps disconnecting from internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X keeps disconnecting from internet: So just recently I've noticed my Xbox series X, like every 30 seconds it will disconnect then re connect over and over again. As far I can tell my internet isn't actually disconnected. I get a...
  8. Frequent disconnections during cloud gaming on Series S

in XboX Insiders
    Frequent disconnections during cloud gaming on Series S: During some long sessions playing in the cloud from an Xbox Series S, the game closes without warning, requiring it to be reopened It happens very often. submitted by /u/xL3aMS1x [link] [comments]
  9. Series s disconnecting from Internet randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series s disconnecting from Internet randomly: My series S is constantly disconnecting from the wifi and whether the game is online or not it doesn't matter. I've reset the Mac address, checked NAT type, and I've restarted and unplugged it and...
  10. Why does my xbox controller keep randomly disconnecting? I have both Xbox series x and PS5...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox controller keep randomly disconnecting? I have both Xbox series x and PS5...: Why does my xbox controller keep randomly disconnecting? I have both Xbox series x and PS5 and I've noticed that with PS5's Bluetooth controller connection, this error has not occurred. BTW, I...