Xbox Series X internet speeds - The Xbox browser says full speeds but Xbox OS network test...

Discus and support Xbox Series X internet speeds - The Xbox browser says full speeds but Xbox OS network test... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The internet speeds in the Xbox settings test are very slow, particularly the upload speeds. However, the speeds for the ookla test in the XBOX Edge... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by anthonywharton1, May 7, 2021.

1. Xbox Series X internet speeds - The Xbox browser says full speeds but Xbox OS network test...

The internet speeds in the Xbox settings test are very slow, particularly the upload speeds. However, the speeds for the ookla test in the XBOX Edge browser state the same speeds as my other devices? Why does the settings test state such low and inconsistent speeds. Should I be concerned for low speeds? The test also states that upload is insufficient for remoteplay. There have been lag issues but assumed it was my ISP.

:)

anthonywharton1, May 7, 2021
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Xbox Series X internet speeds - The Xbox browser says full speeds but Xbox OS network test states very low speeds

Your Xbox is testing your connection to the Xbox data centers, not the nearest speed test server which is what you’re doing in the browser
  3. Querton Win User

Xbox Series X internet speeds - The Xbox browser says full speeds but Xbox OS network test states very low speeds

Tried recommended steps. Same issue. The setting test now seems stuck at 6mbs down and 1.5mbs up - on a 1 gigabit service. The Ookla test connected to New York is expected speed, similar to my other devices - 270 down - 27 up. Distance to server likely not the issue. Could it be an OS error in the settings test? As mentioned speeds are stuck at 7mbs and 3mbs up no mater how many times the test is done. Tried another reset and same numbers?

Rebooted modem and router. Test results are all the same for settings test. Edge XBOX browser states expected speeds. It appears the software- the test itself- may be inaccurate and that the hardware is is not a problem. Though, download speeds for apps and games are very slow. I am requesting that this issue be passed on to the software developers. Thank-you
  4. Farscape247 Win User

ookla tests the net to the nearest servers, the microsoft test on the xbox connects to the central server in redmond i think it is, therefore the speed will be inaccurate.
  5. XBF Meryem R Win User

Hello @anthonywharton1, I hope everything is going well for you!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support.

I am very sorry to know you are having such conveniences. Please do not worry about the situation because I am here to help you out!

According to the explanation you have provided, I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. Therefore, you will only need to follow those simple troubleshooting steps that I will provide you with and your issue should be fixed.

The following troubleshooting step will help you clear out your MAC address:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

If the issue still persists after going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 10-15 seconds plug all your cables back in and then restart your console.

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox download speed is inaccurate

Is your Xbox console connected wireless or via Ethernet cable? Can you use an ethernet cable just for testing purposes?

How exactly do you measure the download speed? Do you use the Xbox internal Edge Browser to go to Speedtest.net (or similar speedtest site)?

Or are you using the network test in the network settings?

Be aware that the edge browser is much more limited than the desktop version of the browsers, and doesn't work well with downloading the test files to measure the speed. So while the network speed might be okay, the handling of the download file in the limited
    edge browser might be the bottleneck.

Also if you use the network speed test, the console connects to a server in Seattle in the USA. So check on your PC on the speedtest.net website how your internet speed is, if you connect to a server close to the west coast of the USA (i.e. Seattle, Redmond
    and the likes in the Washington state (not to be confused with Washington D.C.)).
Thema:

Xbox Series X internet speeds - The Xbox browser says full speeds but Xbox OS network test...

1. Xbox Series X internet speeds - The Xbox browser says full speeds but Xbox OS network test... - Similar Threads - Series internet speeds

2. My xbox series x does not connect to the Internet at all. No wireless networks appear on it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x does not connect to the Internet at all. No wireless networks appear on it: The Internet works fine on everything else. ead1a9fe-d0af-4431-9005-424964e655e8
  3. Xbox series X keeps disconnecting from internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X keeps disconnecting from internet: So just recently I've noticed my Xbox series X, like every 30 seconds it will disconnect then re connect over and over again. As far I can tell my internet isn't actually disconnected. I get a...
  4. My Xbox series X is connected to the internet but when I try to sign in it says “you’ll...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series X is connected to the internet but when I try to sign in it says “you’ll...: When I try to sign into my Xbox live account it says “you need an Internet for this“ then below it says it doesn’t look like you’re connected to the Internet. Check your connection and try again....
  5. possible issues with Series X internet interruption while updating

in XBoX on Consoles
    possible issues with Series X internet interruption while updating: I have a fairly new Xbox Series X and I have it directly plugged in via ethernet cable and I use our family router. The internet belongs to my Dad and he often unplugs it at night. My concern is...
  6. Brand new Xbox Series X extremely snow internet speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox Series X extremely snow internet speeds: Just bought a Series X today and I'm experiencing extremely slow download speeds between 30mps and 90 mbps with it staying closer to 30 to 40 most of the time. This is with a wired connection,...
  7. Why is the internet speed throttled on the Series S and X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the internet speed throttled on the Series S and X?: I have 1g internet, so I should be getting at least half of that, but for some reason my Series S only gets about 30mbps and 80mbps on a good day. Every other device I have gets 250mbps to...
  8. Xbox Series X Internet Speed Cap

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Internet Speed Cap: I had an internet of 100mb/s and when I tested on Xbox settings it always reach 100mb/s download. Now I upgraded my internet to 1000mb/s, but my xbox for some reason only reach a max. of 200mb/s,...
  9. Xbox series X has super slow internet speed, help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X has super slow internet speed, help?: Hi, I just got an Xbox series X and it’s been nothing but frustrating. The internet is a very slow 10-30 mbps, regardless whether I plug it via cable, wifi, 2.4 or 5ghz. I tried resetting the...
  10. What is the max Internet Speed the Xbox Series X can receive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is the max Internet Speed the Xbox Series X can receive.: Hello Sky has told mt my Xbox Series X can't receive broadband speeds higher than 450mb. I think they are wrong. What is the max speed? Cheers x 1491d262-8f13-41c4-9c98-39a3d734bc72