Xbox series x internet problem when playing game

Discus and support Xbox series x internet problem when playing game in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox series x console gets very slow connection or disconnects from internet when playing game. It happens only on wifi connection, it works well... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mehmet Kaya3, May 1, 2024.

1. Mehmet Kaya3
    Mehmet Kaya3 Guest

My xbox series x console gets very slow connection or disconnects from internet when playing game. It happens only on wifi connection, it works well with wired connection. On the idle screen, or on application (YouTube, Spotify, or even downloading a game on store) there is no connection problem. But when I start to play game with wifi connection, after 15-20 minutes the device starts to get the connection problem. I've tried all the following solutions, but none of them worked:

- Static IP

- Port forwarding (Xbox ports)

- Manual DNS

- Hard reset (I reset the device couple times)

- I used different routers, same problem

- Mobile internet, same problem (so the problem is not about my ISP)

- Clear MAC

- Select manual port

The problem still continues.

:)

Mehmet Kaya3, May 1, 2024
  2. Carl Zettler Win User

I can't get to gamepass it continually shows circle even when I go to store and click on gamepass game. My internet is very strong to so I'm not sure what's happening.

I'm playing on Xbox series x. No problem playing games on multiplayer with good internet connection. But for some reason I can't get gamepass to load.
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Mehmet Kaya3,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you are having an issue with your Xbox wireless connection during playing games. Let us explore some troubleshooting steps to help address your concern.

For the complete guide on how to troubleshoot the problem, you can check the article provided below. Make sure to follow the applicable troubleshooting steps for your issue. Here is the link: Troubleshoot a wireless network connection | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

4. Mehmet Kaya3 Win User

Hello @Tomm_A. I've tried all the suggestions. Unfortunately, the problem hasn't been solved. It's weird cause I see this problem only while playing game with wifi connection. It is almost impossible to play a game 1 hour. It kicks me out due to Xbox live disconnection, since internet drops. It doesn't happen when having wired connection.
  5. Thomas Cotton Win User

My Xbox series X is no longer connecting to my internet.

The Xbox factory reset on the series X still did not work, it wouldn’t connect to the network. I connected my original Xbox one (2014) back up to my monitor and I was able to play online games just fine on there, same Microsoft account and internet that the series X was not connecting too. My Xbox series x keeps saying it has a hardware issue when trying to connect the internet, I’m pretty sure this proves it’s a physical problem with the hardware on my Xbox. I still have warranty on it and can return it and trade in for a new one. I’ll try doing this and seeing if the trade in one works.
  6. 💯Adrien Martinez. Win User

80151912 can’t connect to Xbox live

I have the same problem, I can't connect to Xbox Live on the Xbox 360 games (on my xbox serie x) since few days 🤔 I precise I don't have any problem on the Xbox serie X games, I have that only on the Xbox 360 games.

My internet is perfect too (I live in Belgium)
Thema:

1. Xbox series x internet problem when playing game - Similar Threads - series internet problem

2. My xbox series x does not connect to the Internet at all. No wireless networks appear on it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x does not connect to the Internet at all. No wireless networks appear on it: The Internet works fine on everything else. ead1a9fe-d0af-4431-9005-424964e655e8
  3. Xbox series X keeps disconnecting from internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X keeps disconnecting from internet: So just recently I've noticed my Xbox series X, like every 30 seconds it will disconnect then re connect over and over again. As far I can tell my internet isn't actually disconnected. I get a...
  4. My Xbox series X is connected to the internet but when I try to sign in it says “you’ll...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series X is connected to the internet but when I try to sign in it says “you’ll...: When I try to sign into my Xbox live account it says “you need an Internet for this“ then below it says it doesn’t look like you’re connected to the Internet. Check your connection and try again....
  5. possible issues with Series X internet interruption while updating

in XBoX on Consoles
    possible issues with Series X internet interruption while updating: I have a fairly new Xbox Series X and I have it directly plugged in via ethernet cable and I use our family router. The internet belongs to my Dad and he often unplugs it at night. My concern is...
  6. Series s disconnecting from Internet randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series s disconnecting from Internet randomly: My series S is constantly disconnecting from the wifi and whether the game is online or not it doesn't matter. I've reset the Mac address, checked NAT type, and I've restarted and unplugged it and...
  7. My xbox series x doesn't connect to xbox network but is connected to the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x doesn't connect to xbox network but is connected to the internet: So I've tried every single fix out there to try and fix the issue but my console won't connect to the xbox network. I can't sign in as it says I do not have an Internet connect but when I click...
  8. Can i use an macbook air 2020 M1 as a monitor for xbox series s by internet sharing?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i use an macbook air 2020 M1 as a monitor for xbox series s by internet sharing?: I want to connect my xbox series s (i am getting soon) to my macbook air M1 2020, but when i did research it said that i couldn’t connect an xbox series s to my macbook but also gave me an option...
  9. Why does my xbox series X randomly disconnect from my wireless internet connection?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series X randomly disconnect from my wireless internet connection?: I dont know how to fix this issue and tried many of the troubleshooting tips but when on my xbox series X sometimes randomly it will completely disconnect from my wireless internet connection and...
  10. My Series S update/network problems. Won’t connect to wireless internet, says wired is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series S update/network problems. Won’t connect to wireless internet, says wired is...: ****. This has been going on for weeks now. I’m about ready to smash it. 77f56b7e-5053-4e63-ad42-0fe98d1c17ba