Xbox Series X Headset Game Audio Too Loud

Discus and support Xbox Series X Headset Game Audio Too Loud in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’ve noticed the game audio on my headsets has been incredibly loud since I got my series x. I have to play with the chat mixer 1 above the minimum for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xEternal Legacy, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Xbox Series X Headset Game Audio Too Loud

I’ve noticed the game audio on my headsets has been incredibly loud since I got my series x. I have to play with the chat mixer 1 above the minimum for game audio. I’ve tested the wireless Astro A50 gen 3 and gen 4 as well as the wired A40’s on the Elite Series 2 controller. Does anyone know a fix for this? I’ve checked my volume settings, controllers, console, and headsets are all up to date. I don’t believe this is an astro issue as my headsets were fine until I got the new xbox and cant find a single other post about astro headsets with this issue.
    Any help would be appreciated!

:)

xEternal Legacy, Apr 30, 2021
  2. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

3. CrackedVegan Win User

Headset echoes

When a headset echos its usually has something to do with the headset, and sometimes the headset's volume is too loud causing the mic to pick up the headsets audio.
  4. Unstable Chimp Win User

Will XBox Series X support external DAC/Amp hardware via USB?

There are multiple articles stating audio compatibility via USB. If optical is necessary, there are various HDMI to optical devices available which you may need to add.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/02/designed-for-xbox-new-look-continuous-compatibility/

"Some gaming headsets that utilize an optical cable may require a firmware update to support game and chat audio over USB on Xbox Series X. Soundbars and headsets that do not receive updates may be connected
    directly to your televisions optical port."

https://wccftech.com/xbox-series-x-audio-usb/

"Xbox Series X to Support Wireless Audio and Voice Chat Over USB, Astro Gaming Confirms"
  5. Joc Holliday Win User

Xbox App (windows 10) loud crackling noise in parties.

Make sure the default audio is set headset your using. You might have to adjust the properties of the headset as well. If it's set too loud you get a bad back feed.
  6. miketja Win User

Series X and wireless Headsets issues

I have the exact same issue, same headsets too. I bought the Turtle 600 gen 2 and had this issue, then bought the new Xbox Wireless Headset, hoping it'd work better, but it doesn't. Exact same symptoms -- playing a game like Gears 5 or Metro Exodus, with a Series X and the new controller, any cutscenes will have audio stuttering after 10-20 seconds. If I move the stick on the controller, the audio comes back... and then stutters again after 10-20 seconds. This is repeatable and consistent. Standard (release) Series X software, latest updates applied to controller and headsets.

It's a known problem since launch, lots of reports, and lots of comments that it's being fixed in a future software release. Clearly this hasn't been fixed yet. So, is there any workaround, other than connecting an old Xbox One controller? Does it matter which audio codec is used (I'm using Dolby Atmos)?

It's not local RF interference, I've minimised that too, and ensured I have line-of-sight to the Xbox. And given that it is clearly reproducible and directly relates to whether the Series X controller is being used, and doesn't matter which headset I use, it definitely seems like a Series X problem.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X Headset Game Audio Too Loud - Similar Threads - Series Headset Game

2. Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I connect my Headset to my Xbox Series X controller the microphone no longer works. I did the same as I did on Windows 10. I connected the USB C...
  3. I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.: I play on my Xbox Series X and I recently bought the Turtle Beach Recon Chat and while I can hear Xbox parties and fortnite voice channels, I can't hear any game audio so I was wondering if there...
  4. How to make Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 to work with wired headsets on BT? Even possible?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to make Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 to work with wired headsets on BT? Even possible?: Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 doesn't seem to work with wired headphones when on BT. Works fine when on USB.. how to make it work? I bought 2 of these expecting to use them with...
  5. How can I hear and talk to people without wearing a headset on Xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I hear and talk to people without wearing a headset on Xbox series s: How can I talk and hear people without actually having to wear a headset on Xbox series as digital I was playing Madden and I could hear the guy talking through my TV and he didn't have a headset...
  6. The headset chat mixer is grayed out on my xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    The headset chat mixer is grayed out on my xbox series s: Chat headset is grayed out on my xbox and I tried to update my controller but didn't resolve my issue. 38192de7-c3ad-433a-8501-995be67b27de
  7. How to power on the RGB lights in my wired headset for Xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to power on the RGB lights in my wired headset for Xbox series X: The Headset Audio works is there a way to Connect the USB part of the headset cord to the rear of the XBOX series X Controller for power? 1b3a4ce7-9c22-415b-a49b-eb315628f2e3
  8. I have a USB Kraken Gaming headset and would like to use it on my xbox one series s please...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a USB Kraken Gaming headset and would like to use it on my xbox one series s please...: I have a USB Kraken Gaming headset and would like to use it on my xbox one series s please advise if i am just wasting my time or can i be helped with this matter am i doing something wrong?...
  9. How to fix game audio on xbox series x headset.

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to fix game audio on xbox series x headset.: I just got headphones and xbox already ruined them. The game audio was working just fine until I went into a party chat with my friends, the game audio just stopped working like that. I can still...
  10. I have the rid nacon 400 HX gaming headset for Xbox series s and it will connect with my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have the rid nacon 400 HX gaming headset for Xbox series s and it will connect with my...: It's a rig Nicon 400 HX headset I plug it into my controller and it doesn't play the game audio through the headset how do I fix this 5a28d2d9-78b6-4173-b0b3-144d06484e1b

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox headset game volume too loud