Xbox Series X HDR DVR has same Xbox One X problem

Discus and support Xbox Series X HDR DVR has same Xbox One X problem in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Xbox Series X still record with wrong pixel format. Records are useless and looks like crap on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jtpqe9RQsL8... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/alalao02, Nov 23, 2020.

1. /u/alalao02
    /u/alalao02 Guest

/u/alalao02, Nov 23, 2020
  2. ROBIN H 25 Win User

White Flickers while watching movies/streaming? 4k UHD 60hz monitor no HDR

I had the same / similar issue with my old 4K 60hz none HDR / HDMI 2.0 monitor when watching movies and some times in games with the Series X,

As soon as i upgraded my monitor to a 4K 144hz monitor that has HDR / HDMI 2.1 ports, i no longer had this problem,

I'm not sure what the problem is, but my guess is that the HDMI 2.1 port on Series X doesn't play well with HDMI 2.0 port of monitors, or it's the Series X trying to force HDR on, even if the monitor does not have / support HDR and the HDR in Series X menu's is turned off.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Red Dead Redemption 2 bad graphics

RDR2 never received a Series upgrade. The Series Snis playing the base Xbox One version. To access the One X version you would need a Series X

You should disable auto HDR on the console if it’s not playing well, and make sure to do the same on your TV. That’s the fake HDR where the tv guesses not the real thing.

It’s also possible the two are clashing
  4. f r u 7 7 y Win User

Xbox One X \ HDR DVR Videos \ YouTube Friendly

unfortunately this is a youtube problem i would try and contact them
    This is not true, the problem here is not with YouTube.

I have 5 sources of HDR videos, all which work just fine with YouTube, except for Xbox One X DVR.

The problem is with the substandard way Xbox encodes and describes HDR metadata in the produced MP4 file. And this should be fixed.
  5. Gamer4321 Win User

Series S bad HDR on a 4K TV

You sir are wrong. I have a 4K HDR tv and the xbox one X looks superior to the xbox series S. Even the textures load faster on xbox one X. Series S shouldn't even be considered next gen in my opinion. Xbox Series S gives off the worse picture I ever seen. Xbox series S only has 4 terraflops. My xbox one X has 6 terraflops. So you should consider the false information you are spreading. We trying to get some real answers here
  6. s33r Win User

Xbox series X game brightness issue

I've had this occasionally and as far as I can tell it's related to how my Series X (or One X before that) invokes HDR on my TV. It's intermittent and was often resolved by launching a HDR game or rebooting my XBox.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X HDR DVR has same Xbox One X problem - Similar Threads - Series HDR DVR

2. Hdr not working on monitor with Xbox series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hdr not working on monitor with Xbox series x: I got a 1440p Alienware monitor and the series x is capable of running games at 1440p 120 fps. However, I am not able to take advantage of the hdr capability of my monitor. The monitor is only...
  3. HDR Looks Terrible With Some Games on Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HDR Looks Terrible With Some Games on Xbox Series X: I’ve been having an issue with my HDR on my Xbox Series X and it’s driving me crazyyyyyyy. My monitor supports HDR10 but when I go on some games, the screen turns black for a few seconds and when...
  4. Do I need turn on auto HDR if I already adjusted my HDR settings on my Series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I need turn on auto HDR if I already adjusted my HDR settings on my Series X?: I'm wondering if adjusting the HDR settings would conflict with auto HDR when playing games that features it. adf94f5f-1e53-4f3f-9c6e-1d7b653522ce
  5. HDR and Dolby Vision for Gaming no longer working on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDR and Dolby Vision for Gaming no longer working on Xbox Series X: So in january of 2023 I bought a brand new Hisense 65 inch 4k HDR (Dolby Vision) TV and a Xbox Series X (previously had a 4k non-HDR tv and a series S). I of course set up the HDR in all its glory...
  6. hdr doesn't work on Xbox series s tcl smart tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    hdr doesn't work on Xbox series s tcl smart tv: hdr on my console doesn't work. i have a tcl smart tv that i'm sure supports hdr, but it's not being detected by the xbox. i previously had a ps4 pro and hdr was recognized but with xbox it...
  7. hdr 120hz 1080 on my series s with the lenovo y25-25?

in XBoX on Consoles
    hdr 120hz 1080 on my series s with the lenovo y25-25?: how would i accomplish this? to get 120 hz i need to enable hdmi override, but that removes hdr and vrr options despite my monitor being fully capable of both e0497997-6ffe-40e2-ade7-efaad95b8fd6
  8. Series S no longer takes HDR screenshots

in XBoX on Windows
    Series S no longer takes HDR screenshots: My screenshots are in SDR suddenly but HDR is fine with games and when I check on 4k tv settings it says that HDR settings are ok. This has been going on for a week maybe my older screenshots are...
  9. Xbox series X question on HDR content on 1440p samsung Odyssey G7 32 inch monitor.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series X question on HDR content on 1440p samsung Odyssey G7 32 inch monitor.: I have an odyssey g7 1440p hdr monitor. When my xbox downscales to 2k will I still have a high enough transfer rate to play games at 10 bit @ 4k downscaled to 2k @ 60 fps with HDR and a 4:4:4 set?...
  10. Why is HDR not working on my new XBox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is HDR not working on my new XBox Series X: I recently got an XBox Series X. Every time I go through the Calibrate for HDR for games process, it will turn HDR on while the calibration is going on, then as soon as it is done, it turns right...