Xbox series X has issues reading 4k bluray discs. How do I fix that??

Discus and support Xbox series X has issues reading 4k bluray discs. How do I fix that?? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox plays everything just fine but I recently purchased a 4k bluray disc and and my xbox won't read it. It attempts to read but then eventually... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by StunnaShades93, Mar 30, 2024.

1. Xbox series X has issues reading 4k bluray discs. How do I fix that??

My xbox plays everything just fine but I recently purchased a 4k bluray disc and and my xbox won't read it. It attempts to read but then eventually stops.

:)

StunnaShades93, Mar 30, 2024
  2. The_Last_DJ Win User

Hello StunnaShades93! I'm Kris and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

Sorry to hear you you are having issues. Does it read normal blue rays/DVD and games?
  3. Luke941 Win User

4K Blu-ray playback

I do know about the gaming part. I was asking the question if the Xbox Series X could have the Dolby Vision added into the BluRay app so, that 4K BluRay movies can enjoy Dolby Vision as well.
  4. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

Xbox One X won't play 4K from Sky Q through input and output HDMI Connection

The HDMI IN on the XBOX ONE / ONE S / ONE X are all just 1080P there is no 4K pass through on those consoles.

The Xbox One S Supports 4K Bluray and 4K screen resolution - not 4K gaming

The Xbox One X Supports 4K Gaming, 4K Bluray and 4K screen resolution

- Game developer has to make the game 4K

- 4K pass-through is a hardware feature that does not exist within the console. You'd be better

off running your 4k Sky Q into the TV directly. (the xbox is doing what it's designed to do)
  5. Micro666 Win User

Xbox One X Blu Ray Issues

Hi,

This is still a problem for me, but...thx to another member on a different thread I've found a workaround. There's still an issue that exists on the Xbox One X that needs attention and resolution, but at least there is a workaround.

So to recap, playing 3D BluRay discs on the Xbox One X causes the TV to show a loss of signal, like the Xbox One X is no longer outputting an HDMI signal. Very occasionally if I hard reboot the console with the disc still inside and then immediately
    play the disc on boot, it works, and the disc plays in 3D, but most of the time not. 3D BluRays plays on the same TV with my One S connected no problem for me, so the issue seems to be with the One X only.

Now for the workaround, which will hopefully lead to the engineers finding and resolving the root cause of the problem also. If I set my Xbox One X, in the Display settings, to 1080p output (I still have the "Allow 4K" and "Allow HDR" checkboxes checked) the
    TV switches from 4K 2160p to 1080p display mode as expected. When the Xbox One X is set to 1080p resolution all 3D BluRay discs that I have tried play in 3D first time, without problem. Switching the Xbox One X back to 4K 2160p output, the TV switches back
    to 2160p as expected. However now when I try to play 3D BluRay discs, the same issue is back, in that as soon as the Xbox One X tries to set the TV to 3D Move, I get a loss of HDMI signal?

I've no idea is this is an issue specific to the combination of the Xbox one X and LG 3D TV's (as others who are reporting the problem also seem to have LG 3D TV's). Maybe the LG 3D TV's don't like to be switch from 4K to 1080p 3D mode? Or is the
    Xbox One X doing something silly, like trying to set 3D mode on the TV, when the display resolution is still 2160p? Which won't work as there's no such thing as 4K 3D.

I have a workaround now, but I'd rather this was investigated, and fixed.

Just to recap, I have an LG 55UH850V 4K HDR 3D LED TV, with the latest firmware from LG.

Thx
  6. Micro666 Win User

Xbox one s 3D bluray playback broken after latest system software update

Hi,

This is still a problem for me, but...thx to another member on a different thread I've found a workaround. There's still an issue that exists on the Xbox One X that needs attention and resolution, but at least there is a workaround.

So to recap, playing 3D BluRay discs on the Xbox One X causes the TV to show a loss of signal, like the Xbox One X is no longer outputting an HDMI signal. Very occasionally if I hard reboot the console with the disc still inside and then immediately
    play the disc on boot, it works, and the disc plays in 3D, but most of the time not. 3D BluRays plays on the same TV with my One S connected no problem for me, so the issue seems to be with the One X only.

Now for the workaround, which will hopefully lead to the engineers finding and resolving the root cause of the problem also. If I set my Xbox One X, in the Display settings, to 1080p output (I still have the "Allow 4K" and "Allow HDR" checkboxes checked) the
    TV switches from 4K 2160p to 1080p display mode as expected. When the Xbox One X is set to 1080p resolution all 3D BluRay discs that I have tried play in 3D first time, without problem. Switching the Xbox One X back to 4K 2160p output, the TV switches back
    to 2160p as expected. However now when I try to play 3D BluRay discs, the same issue is back, in that as soon as the Xbox One X tries to set the TV to 3D Move, I get a loss of HDMI signal?

I've no idea is this is an issue specific to the combination of the Xbox one X and LG 3D TV's (as others who are reporting the problem also seem to have LG 3D TV's). Maybe the LG 3D TV's don't like to be switch from 4K to 1080p 3D mode? Or is the
    Xbox One X doing something silly, like trying to set 3D mode on the TV, when the display resolution is still 2160p? Which won't work as there's no such thing as 4K 3D.

I have a workaround now, but I'd rather this was investigated, and fixed.

Just to recap, I have an LG 55UH850V 4K HDR 3D LED TV, with the latest firmware from LG.

Thx
Thema:

1. Xbox series X has issues reading 4k bluray discs. How do I fix that?? - Similar Threads - series has issues

2. my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason: My Xbox series was turned off for no reason out of the blue and I have no clue why I’ve done everything I can to resolve the issue. Nothing works. I’ve had the same issue with the power supply...
  3. Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?: I have bought my Xbox Series X a few months after it dropped… ive been through atleast 7 controllers and they are not cheap. My new pink one (which i LOVE just started with stick drift. It takes...
  4. Xbox series X has problems starting up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X has problems starting up: Has anyone else had issues with this? My best guess is probably a failing power supply from research. It started a few weeks ago I will go to start my Xbox Series X up and the light on the console...
  5. LED controller xbox series x has a lot of light (IN PC)

in XboX Insiders
    LED controller xbox series x has a lot of light (IN PC): I wanna know if there is any way to turn off the led or set a lower intensity to it, in the night it is very uncomfortable. I know there is a way to change it in console but I didn't found any in...
  6. LED controller xbox series x has a lot of light

in XboX Insiders
    LED controller xbox series x has a lot of light: I wanna know if there is any way to turn off the led or set a lower intensity to it, in the night it is very uncomfortable submitted by /u/isma_d_h [link] [comments]
  7. My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has...: My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has not worked. Please advise what I can do to fix this as it happens in every game a play or even sometime...
  8. Is it possible to play Xbox 360 games on the Xbox series x if the series has a Xbox 360...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to play Xbox 360 games on the Xbox series x if the series has a Xbox 360...: I'm really curious if I can replace the Xbox series x hard drive with the Xbox 360 hard drive to play Xbox 360 games 6f9f477b-cc97-4697-af8b-5c4827b1134a
  9. Xbox Series X on ‘Preview Omega’ beta is no longer reading 4K UHD Blu-ray; has anyone else...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X on ‘Preview Omega’ beta is no longer reading 4K UHD Blu-ray; has anyone else...: My Xbox played 4K-BR seamlessly before April 2024, but as of May 2024, my Xbox Series X has stopped reading all 4K UHD Blu-ray discs (BD50, BD66, BD100) - whilst all other formats (DVD, Blu-ray...
  10. Has anybody else had issues with their series x not recognizing disc?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anybody else had issues with their series x not recognizing disc?: About 3 or 4 months ago I purchased a regular DVD movie from Redbox, put it in my console to watch it and nothing. I have the DVD app on it and everything. It don't show that theirs a disc in it...