Xbox Series X has audio delay with dolby digital and won't even detect Atmos through TV

Discus and support Xbox Series X has audio delay with dolby digital and won't even detect Atmos through TV in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Title I read that I should get an HDMI splitter to fix the problem, but the one I got didn't help. Does anyone know what type I should get? submitted... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Cool-Wrangler-8605, Nov 26, 2022.

1. Xbox Series X has audio delay with dolby digital and won't even detect Atmos through TV

Title

I read that I should get an HDMI splitter to fix the problem, but the one I got didn't help. Does anyone know what type I should get?

submitted by /u/Cool-Wrangler-8605
    [link] [comments]

/u/Cool-Wrangler-8605, Nov 26, 2022
  2. ELVIS7 Win User

Atmos Delay fix (worked for me, at least) and audio detection issues

Interesting post, thank you for trying and posting your findings.

I've had the audio delay issue for years and tried everything. I had the nu8000 Samsung TV before and recently got the qn90b and the issue is still present.

My set up is, Xbox series x > qn90b > onkyo 676.

If I do 5.1, stereo uncompressed, mono, there's no delay. There is only an audio delay with dolby atmos for home theatre option.

Your suggestion does not work on my end however, because the only way I can set the qn90b to pass-through is if I unselect the dolby atmos option under it, which allows me to change audio output format from auto or pcm, to pass-through but when I do that, the Xbox series x no longer detects my set up as dolby 5.1/7.1/atmls capable and says not supported so I can't even force the Xbox to output atmos.

As for the qn90b audio delay option, it's already at 0, and the delay is very noticeable in shooter games, but especially while watching movie.
  3. sturae229 Win User

Dolby Atmos delay on Xbox Series X

Well yes. The problem is constant. Whenever you’re in a game that uses Dolby atmos or even on Netflix through the series x. It needs a software patch to fix it. Delay is present on all Dolby atmos content
  4. Geri M. Win User

Dolby Atmos audio delay or entirely missing on Xbox Series X via TV's eARC

Hello AnchelLabena,

We appreciate you for bringing this up to Xbox Forum.

We are sorry to hear that you’re experiencing audio delay when using Dolby Atmos for Home Cinema on your Xbox Series X with LG OLED C2 TV and Samsung Q950T Dolby Atmos soundbar.

We've found similar issues with LG OLED and LG Atmos soundbar (with rear speakers) and used an earc extractor (4k Dolby Atmos compatible) which completely solved the problem. You pass the audio HDMI earc out from the TV through the extractor and into the HDMI in of your sound bar.

Another user, states having delays using the Xbox Series X with Dolby Atmos games and apps such as Youtube and Gears 5 but NOT from the Dolby Atmos app’s demos. The Xbox is connected directly to their LG BX TV via the HDMI 2.1 and using eARC > ARC on their Onkyo TX-NR656. The TV’s apps do not cause this delay using Atmos, and the Dolby App on the Xbox.

We also found an explanation from another that the delay exists because natively, surround audio from a gaming console is in LPCM. To output a bit streaming format (or in this case a proprietary PCM codec like DOLBY MAT 2.0) it has to re-encode the audio real-time which introduces delay. And keep in mind ONLY a very select few games are in Atmos.

It's good to know that connecting the Series X directly to the soundbar works just fine and Atmos content will play as intended with no delay. However, this causes a loss in other features such as VRR, 120 Hz and more due to the soundbar not supporting all HDMI 2.1 features.

We understand that you want to do the setup with the console connected directly to the TV, as should be intended. We hope that the information we provided is helpful.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community
  5. sidarora1 Win User

Xbox One X no Dolby Atmos using Samsung HW-N950 & Samsung QE65Q9FN 4KTV

I have the same problem with My xbox one x and 950 soundbar. I get audio delay once I enable Dolby atmos via the audio settings on my hdmi, but the soundbar works great with all other devices, cable TV, apple TV 4k. I've literally tried everything and
    I'm thinking is has something to do with the Dolby atmos application. I've used optical and other sources and they sound good, obviously not Dolby atmos but they work. I don't think it's my TV or soundbar. I've also replaced the xbox one x to a new xbox one
    x and same issue. It has to be a bug in the atmos connection from the speakers to the xbox. It's super frustrating. Not sure what else to do until I new update comes out.
  6. FadeRunner X Win User

Dolby Atmos delay on Xbox Series X

I only use hdmi 2.1 cables. Bandwidth isn’t the issue. And cables in general aren’t the issue because Dolby Atmos works fine through e-arc when using tv integrated apps and other platforms like the Roku and even PlayStation doesn’t have a have a delay when using Dolby without pass through enabled whereas Xbox still has a delay on Dolby digital if you aren’t running pass through mode
Thema:

Xbox Series X has audio delay with dolby digital and won't even detect Atmos through TV

1. Xbox Series X has audio delay with dolby digital and won't even detect Atmos through TV - Similar Threads - Series has audio

2. my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox series called, has turned off for no reason: My Xbox series was turned off for no reason out of the blue and I have no clue why I’ve done everything I can to resolve the issue. Nothing works. I’ve had the same issue with the power supply...
  3. Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?: I have bought my Xbox Series X a few months after it dropped… ive been through atleast 7 controllers and they are not cheap. My new pink one (which i LOVE just started with stick drift. It takes...
  4. Xbox series X has problems starting up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X has problems starting up: Has anyone else had issues with this? My best guess is probably a failing power supply from research. It started a few weeks ago I will go to start my Xbox Series X up and the light on the console...
  5. LED controller xbox series x has a lot of light (IN PC)

in XboX Insiders
    LED controller xbox series x has a lot of light (IN PC): I wanna know if there is any way to turn off the led or set a lower intensity to it, in the night it is very uncomfortable. I know there is a way to change it in console but I didn't found any in...
  6. LED controller xbox series x has a lot of light

in XboX Insiders
    LED controller xbox series x has a lot of light: I wanna know if there is any way to turn off the led or set a lower intensity to it, in the night it is very uncomfortable submitted by /u/isma_d_h [link] [comments]
  7. Xbox Series X has glitchy/stuttering audio with headphones when on a menu, or in an app...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X has glitchy/stuttering audio with headphones when on a menu, or in an app...: My Xbox Series X randomly started having glitchy or stuttering audio issues a few months ago, but only on menus, but now i realized that it effects apps as well (like Spotify, YouTube, etc)...
  8. Xbox Series X has no audio in game, but has audio on dashboard.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X has no audio in game, but has audio on dashboard.: After reading some other questions this seems to have been an issue back in 2022 and has yet been resolved. Has anyone had any luck with combating this issue? Games will have audio, till I exit...
  9. Remote play app has black screen with audio when trying to use it with new Xbox Series S 1Tb.

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play app has black screen with audio when trying to use it with new Xbox Series S 1Tb.: I'm completely at a loss here and unfortunately, I've already tried basically everything that Xbox would tell me to do. I purchased an Xbox Series S directly from Microsoft a few days ago. This...
  10. Xbox Wireless Headset has no audio on Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Wireless Headset has no audio on Xbox Series X: (I know this is a Known Issue - but I have no audio at all) My Xbox Wireless Headset has barely any audio on Series X - I am able to get audio for a few seconds, but then cuts out and won't come...