Xbox Series X hangs up ppoe fiber connection

Discus and support Xbox Series X hangs up ppoe fiber connection in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Some time ago I increased the speed of my fiber connection at my home and then I started experiencing strange behaviour with my network. During... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/ddluk, Feb 15, 2024.

1. /u/ddluk
    /u/ddluk Guest

Some time ago I increased the speed of my fiber connection at my home and then I started experiencing strange behaviour with my network. During download of games or their updates (those which size is big like 70/80GB) my pppoe connection after some time hangs up and disconnects. I was able to reproduce it many times.

How my network looks like:

XBOX -> switch2 -> switch1 -> router -> fiber media converter

I checked also with following scenario and the same situation happened:

XBOX ->router -> fiber media converter

I followed the steps below to find the cause:

• Replaced all cables
    • Replaced media converter from my ISP to different one
    • Contacted ISP to check logs on their site, analyze fiber connection and they didn't find anything
    • Tested on few different routers
    • Tested download from other consoles like PS5/Switch oraz direct from my PC and those not generate this situation

For example it happened right now, during download of Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - my connections already hangs up 4 times. From my perspective their is definately something from from my Xbox Perspective.

Device details:

• Xbox Series X with alpha skip ahead version 10.0.25398.2923 (bxb_flt_2311zn.240110-1710).
    submitted by /u/ddluk
    [link] [comments]

/u/ddluk, Feb 15, 2024
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: