Xbox series X: Halo Infinite stuck on "Authenticating with services" on Xbox Series X

Discus and support Xbox series X: Halo Infinite stuck on "Authenticating with services" on Xbox Series X in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The game launches will successfully launch. But upon hitting press a to play I get stuck with a loading screen that infinitely tries "Authenticating... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Matthew Clune, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Xbox series X: Halo Infinite stuck on "Authenticating with services" on Xbox Series X

The game launches will successfully launch. But upon hitting press a to play I get stuck with a loading screen that infinitely tries "Authenticating with services".

The game is updated in its current version and I quit the game and even restarted the Xbox. Not sure what's happening, really just wanna play some halo with my friend. I’m starting to really lose faith and hope in new gen consoles. I miss the days when you could just pick up and play

:)

Matthew Clune, Dec 5, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Xbox series X: Halo Infinite stuck on "Authenticating with services" on Xbox Series X

Hello Matthew,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

3. Matthew Clune Win User

Hello Tomm_A

I followed these instructions. Signing out and signing back in did not work.

I have pretty much given up trying to play Halo Infinite. I am playing other games instead which is really a shame.

What troubleshooting tip is next? It makes me feel really dumb for having purchased an xbox series x and Halo Infinite is unplayable.

Sincerely,

Matthew
  4. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Matthew,

Thank you for getting back with the thread.

I apologized for the delay of my response because I was away from work.

To sign out of your account in Xbox Series X, follow the steps below:

• Press the Xbox button on the controller to open the guide.
    • Select Profile & system.
    • Choose Sign out.
    • Finally, select your account and that’s it.
    • Then sign again or add your profile.

Additionally, you can check from the list of Halo Infinite multiplayer known issues from this link: Halo Infinite Multiplayer Known Issues – Halo Support (halowaypoint.com)

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

5. Matthew Clune Win User

Thank you so much @Tomm_A for the timely response. You are a gentleman and a scholar

I have always been able to play online multiplayer before this and other games on my Xbox series X.

I am a Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscriber

1 My NAT type is OPEN

2) That did not work

3 I cannot figure out how to sign out, please expand on those instructions for signing out of Xbox profile instructions.

This is Day 2 without Halo Infinite,

still stuck on 'Authenticating with services' :/
  6. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Matthew,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you're experiencing issues with Halo Infinite on your Xbox Series X. Let us help you get to the bottom of this.

As per description, you are trying to play online with your friend. If we may ask, are you able to play online multiplayer before or able to play it on other games in your Xbox console? Take note that to play online multiplayer in console requires Xbox Game Pass Core or Ultimate subscription. Additionally, you need to have an open Network Address Translation type or NAT type. Here are the troubleshooting steps that we can perform.

1. Check if your subscription is active and check for your NAT type. To do it, follow the steps below:

• Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    • Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings.
    • Under Current Network Status, the NAT Type field displays your current NAT type.
    2. Try clearing the cache on your Xbox Series X. To do this, hold down the power button on the front of the console for 10 seconds until it turns off. Then unplug the power cable from the back of the console and wait for 10 seconds before plugging it back in and turning the console back on.

If that doesn't work, try signing out of your Xbox Live account and then signing back in. To do this, go to the Home screen, select your profile icon in the top left corner, and then select "Sign out". Once you've signed out, sign back in and try launching the game again.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Thema:

1. Xbox series X: Halo Infinite stuck on "Authenticating with services" on Xbox Series X - Similar Threads - series Halo Infinite

2. Xbox Series X Dynamic Background from Halo Infinite

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X Dynamic Background from Halo Infinite: Hello, It's more suggestion than issue. As there are already two dynamic backgrounds from Halo Infinite to choose in personalization menu, could it be possible to add title screen from Halo...
  3. XBOX Series X, Halo Anniversary Edition question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX Series X, Halo Anniversary Edition question: I have the Halo Anniversary edition for xbox 360 which works fine on my Series X for single player. I have played this game both on and offline on my old xbox 360 and noticed that when I start...
  4. Halo wars series x edition issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo wars series x edition issues: If i download the ultimate version of halo wars 2 i get no character voices when playing but if i download the standard edition everything work plez help f475a895-5b11-451a-8f30-e286f8ade9a6
  5. Question for my console Xbox Series X- Halo Edition: Anyone know why home dashboard is...

in XboX Insiders
    Question for my console Xbox Series X- Halo Edition: Anyone know why home dashboard is...: I was using my Xbox Series X console last night and all of the sudden the console got stuck in black screen. When I went to Xbox home dashboard to eject the disc with the controller and it won't...
  6. Halo Infinite update killed Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Infinite update killed Xbox Series X: Halo Infinite update killed Xbox Series X Tried to update Halo Infinite on Xbox Series X. Stuck in phase of "ready to start". Says "will take a few minutes" then says it's broken and I should try...
  7. Struggling to do a system link on Halo 3 ODST co-op campaign with Xbox Series X and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Struggling to do a system link on Halo 3 ODST co-op campaign with Xbox Series X and...: I've been trying to play the Halo 3 ODST co-op campaign with some family members split-screening on the Xbox One whilst I join the party using the system link. None of us use Xbox Live or Game...
  8. Xbox series controller acting funky in halo mcc via Xbox app on pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series controller acting funky in halo mcc via Xbox app on pc: I have the Master Chief Collection installed via the Xbox app on my pc running windows 11 and the game seems to be reseting my character’s position or teleporting my character with every...
  9. Can I play Halo MCC on Xbox Series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play Halo MCC on Xbox Series X?: I transferred Halo MCC(digital) from my Xbox One to my Xbox Series X but am prompted that I must own the game in order to play it. fb80909d-5328-46ea-ab78-b5786b4b85e7
  10. Xbox series X, Halo Infinite settings does not save. How to fix it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series X, Halo Infinite settings does not save. How to fix it?: Everytime I start a game (not the game himself), my settings get back to default. Basically, I start a quick play. The moment I get back in the menu, settings get reset. It also makes my...