XBOX Series X, Halo Anniversary Edition question

Discus and support XBOX Series X, Halo Anniversary Edition question in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have the Halo Anniversary edition for xbox 360 which works fine on my Series X for single player. I have played this game both on and offline on my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by joekel4, Dec 25, 2023.

1. joekel4
    joekel4 Guest

I have the Halo Anniversary edition for xbox 360 which works fine on my Series X for single player.

I have played this game both on and offline on my old xbox 360 and noticed that when I start the game it will sign me into xbox live even though I haven't been on xbox live in years.

I can remember going to xbox parties where you had as many as 4 players playing on a single xbox and then you could network or join two or more xbox's together and have a whole lot of players in increments of 4 players (4/xbox). Seeing was difficult but it could be done.

I want to play two player with my daughter who recently created a Microsoft account and has an xbox profile.

We both have my xbox series x set as our Home xbox, but I can't get this to work to save my life.

It will still try to log me into xbox live and no matter what I can't get this thing to recognize the second controller.

I should be able to play this game with two players, because we did it on the 360 machine, and we should not have to join xbox live.

Thanks in advance for any light you can shine and help you can give.

Joe

:)

joekel4, Dec 25, 2023
  2. Yanyannnn Win User

Hello joekel4,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

I understand that you are having trouble playing the Halo Anniversary edition on your Xbox Series X with two players. Just a reminder, we are not able to double check your account and devices here manually since we do not have the option to. No worries, we do have some troubleshooting steps here that we may use for the issue.

Before proceeding, I need to know more details so that we can get the best possible troubleshooting for you.

-Are you getting any error message?

-Just to clarify, you want to play with your daughter on a split-screen mode?

To play the game with two players, you will need to connect a second controller to your Xbox Series X. Once the second controller is connected, you can start the game and select the "Co-op" option from the main menu.

Basing on the statement you provided above, here are some troubleshooting steps that you may try:

1. Make sure the second controller is turned on and connected to your Xbox Series X.

2. Press the Xbox button on the second controller to bring up the guide.

3. Select the "Profile & system" tab.

4. Select "Settings" and then "Devices & connections".

5. Select "Accessories" and then select the second controller.

6. Make sure the controller is assigned to a profile and that it is connected to your Xbox Series X.

If you want to play with your daughter on split-screen mode, please try these steps:

1. Connect the second controller to your Xbox Series X.
    2. Launch the game and sign in to your Xbox Live account.
    3. Press the Start button on the second controller to join the game.
    4. Once the second controller is connected, press the Xbox button on the controller to open the guide.
    5. Navigate to the Profile & system tab and select Add or switch.
    6. Select your daughter’s profile to sign her in to the game.
    7. Once your daughter’s profile is signed in, press the B button on the second controller to go back to the game.
    •If you’re still having trouble, you can try clearing the cache on your Xbox Series X by following these steps:

1. Press and hold the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Storage.
    3. Highlight the storage device that the game is installed on and press the Menu button on your controller.
    4. Select Clear local saved games and confirm the action.

If you are still having trouble, please try resetting your Xbox Series X and then reconnect the second controller.
    I hope this helps you and your daughter enjoy playing Halo Anniversary Edition together! Let me know if you have any other questions.

YanYannn
    Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. joekel4 Win User

YanYannn,

I saw your message asking if you could setup an xbox live account for my dautghter.

If that offer is still good please contact me to get her gamertag and email address.

thanks,

Joe
  4. Yanyannnn Win User

Hello joekel4,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

5. joekel4 Win User

YanYann,

First off, Thank you very much for responding.

To answer your questions, first I am not getting any error messages at all.

Yes, I am wanting to play with my daughter in split-screen mode.

Both controllers are attached to the xbox series X.

I've got both our profiles assigned to different controllers.

and what I don't understand among other things is my daughters profile should be on this machine but it does not appear that it is recognized as such

How do you get to the Co-op mode?

On this anniversary edition I don't think there is a co-op mode.

I think that if you want to play multiplayer you have to go into the Halo: Reach Multiplayer but this does not recognize her profile either.

She has never had a xbox live account so I'm not sure if that is a problem or not.

Anyway to the best of my knowledge I have tried everything you've suggested.

Now just for the sake of asking should I be able to play co-op in the campaign or not?

Thanks and Merry Christmas to you all.

Joe
  6. Yanyannnn Win User

Hello joekel4,

Thank you for your reply and happy holidays!

I appreciate you for trying the steps I provided above.

Upon double checking my resources, coop is not available on Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary. You can do 2 player split-screen, 2 player system link, or 2 player Xbox Live, but not 4 player coop, period.

If I may ask, have you tried creating an Xbox Live account for your daughter and try if it will work? I would be more than glad to assist you regarding this matter and I would appreciate your response.

YanYannn
    Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

1. XBOX Series X, Halo Anniversary Edition question - Similar Threads - Series Halo Anniversary

2. Xbox Series X Dynamic Background from Halo Infinite

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X Dynamic Background from Halo Infinite: Hello, It's more suggestion than issue. As there are already two dynamic backgrounds from Halo Infinite to choose in personalization menu, could it be possible to add title screen from Halo...
  3. Halo wars series x edition issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo wars series x edition issues: If i download the ultimate version of halo wars 2 i get no character voices when playing but if i download the standard edition everything work plez help f475a895-5b11-451a-8f30-e286f8ade9a6
  4. Xbox series X: Halo Infinite stuck on "Authenticating with services" on Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series X: Halo Infinite stuck on "Authenticating with services" on Xbox Series X: The game launches will successfully launch. But upon hitting press a to play I get stuck with a loading screen that infinitely tries "Authenticating with services". The game is updated in its...
  5. Question for my console Xbox Series X- Halo Edition: Anyone know why home dashboard is...

in XboX Insiders
    Question for my console Xbox Series X- Halo Edition: Anyone know why home dashboard is...: I was using my Xbox Series X console last night and all of the sudden the console got stuck in black screen. When I went to Xbox home dashboard to eject the disc with the controller and it won't...
  6. Halo Infinite update killed Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Infinite update killed Xbox Series X: Halo Infinite update killed Xbox Series X Tried to update Halo Infinite on Xbox Series X. Stuck in phase of "ready to start". Says "will take a few minutes" then says it's broken and I should try...
  7. Struggling to do a system link on Halo 3 ODST co-op campaign with Xbox Series X and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Struggling to do a system link on Halo 3 ODST co-op campaign with Xbox Series X and...: I've been trying to play the Halo 3 ODST co-op campaign with some family members split-screening on the Xbox One whilst I join the party using the system link. None of us use Xbox Live or Game...
  8. Xbox series controller acting funky in halo mcc via Xbox app on pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series controller acting funky in halo mcc via Xbox app on pc: I have the Master Chief Collection installed via the Xbox app on my pc running windows 11 and the game seems to be reseting my character’s position or teleporting my character with every...
  9. Can I play Halo MCC on Xbox Series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play Halo MCC on Xbox Series X?: I transferred Halo MCC(digital) from my Xbox One to my Xbox Series X but am prompted that I must own the game in order to play it. fb80909d-5328-46ea-ab78-b5786b4b85e7
  10. Xbox series X, Halo Infinite settings does not save. How to fix it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series X, Halo Infinite settings does not save. How to fix it?: Everytime I start a game (not the game himself), my settings get back to default. Basically, I start a quick play. The moment I get back in the menu, settings get reset. It also makes my...