Xbox Series X Games won't start - cannot press 'A' or proceed past first screen

Discus and support Xbox Series X Games won't start - cannot press 'A' or proceed past first screen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey. Any help would be appreciated. Way too often i can't start playing any of my Xbox Series X/S game. It will load to the "start" menu of whatever... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by McBeardio1, May 29, 2021.

1. McBeardio1
    McBeardio1 Guest

Hey. Any help would be appreciated.

Way too often i can't start playing any of my Xbox Series X/S game.

It will load to the "start" menu of whatever game but it will not allow me to proceed further.

I can use Xbox button to return to dash, nothing wrong with controller. Issue is not there with non Xbox Series X/S games.

The only way i can resolve it is by doing a full shutdown and restarting.

I am on the Alpha Skip Ahead programme.

Any help please.

Thanks Xbox Series X Games won't start - cannot press 'A' or proceed past first screen :)

:)

McBeardio1, May 29, 2021
  2. XBF Mohammed C Win User

I suggest performing a power cycle for your console!

Clearing Your Mac address and the persistent storage might also correct the crashing issues!

If the issue persists, try to delete the local save for the games and you may also want to soft reset your console!
  3. Kathy A. Win User

How to play gears of war 2 split screen on the series x with a guest a count

Hello Todd,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To play Gears of War 2 split screen on the Xbox Series X with a guest account, try the following steps:

1. Connect a second controller to your Xbox Series X.

2. Launch Gears of War 2.

3. Press the start button on the second controller to sign in as a guest account.

4. Once the guest account is signed in, press the start button on the first controller to start the game.

5. From the main menu, select "Campaign" or "Horde" mode.

6. Once you have selected your game mode, press the start button on the second controller to join the game as a split-screen player.

That's it! You should now be able to play Gears of War 2 split screen on your Xbox Series X with a guest account.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. smokinfools4201 Win User

GTA V stuck on "Loading Story Mode: <username>"

I just started having this issue today been playing online for a couple weeks thought my game was messed up won't get past first menu screen or even pop up the x button to play online
  5. XzXchris Win User

Dead by daylight error code 8001

Finally got it to work. Press and hold your xbox button on the series X for 10 seconds, then press it again to turn on it should have the reboot screen of the X and then The game worked again
  6. oMiikeWhitterz Win User

Halo: MCC [Digital Copy] freezing issue

*because it won't let me edit the message, pressing start to proceed, or even A, causes the game to freeze and force a launch exit
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X Games won't start - cannot press 'A' or proceed past first screen - Similar Threads - Series Games won't

2. Disc games won't download on my series x

in XboX Insiders
    Disc games won't download on my series x: So I've recently started to download/redownload some disc games on my series x such as watchdogs 2 and titanfall 2 but they keep stopping I've tried to reinstall but its doesn't work can someone...
  3. Series X won't connect to online games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X won't connect to online games.: My xbox is currently unable to connect to any online games. Each one prompts me with the games own "could not connect to online services." I have tried hard resetting, unplugging and waiting 5...
  4. I loaded up MW2 on my Xbox series s and my new gaming mouse won't look around when I am in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I loaded up MW2 on my Xbox series s and my new gaming mouse won't look around when I am in...: l loaded up MW2 on my Xbox series s and my new gaming mouse won't look around when I am in the game. I can only aim and shoot. a918d987-b2ee-45b5-ba56-114e2546d669
  5. Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC: I just bought an Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core for my PC use. The Bluetooth works fine at the beginning. But the Xbox bar shows up whenever I push the A button. So I...
  6. Xbox Series X/S won't open newly downloaded games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X/S won't open newly downloaded games: Whenever I try to open the game after it is finished downloading it dosen't load and gives me an error message of "____________ took too long to start". How do I resolve this issue?...
  7. My Series S won't update Microsoft Store or install new games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series S won't update Microsoft Store or install new games.: So i was having a glitch of not being able to update Microsoft Store, so I factory reset my console, first with keeping my games and apps, then, with delete everything but now I can't install...
  8. I can't play any 360 game on my Xbox series x because it won't let me download my profile...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't play any 360 game on my Xbox series x because it won't let me download my profile...: Every time I go onto a 360 game in the past week it won't let me on xbox live and so I looked online and it says to clear local xbox 360 saved storage and stuff and it said it would work. Now I...
  9. My xbox series x all of a sudden won't play anyyy xbox 360 games it was now it won't do...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox series x all of a sudden won't play anyyy xbox 360 games it was now it won't do...: My xbox series x all of a sudden won't play anyyy xbox 360 games it was now it won't do **** but will play my newer games but none of the 360 and I've tried everything what the heck I can't get it...
  10. Why won't the 2014 updates apply to my series x? I've gone so far as to purchase the game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't the 2014 updates apply to my series x? I've gone so far as to purchase the game...: Refer to the question. I really need help. d3a20978-1e9a-46f2-a2fc-dda6ff22ad25