Xbox series X games keep crashing after about 45 seconds of play time. Any fix for this?...

Discus and support Xbox series X games keep crashing after about 45 seconds of play time. Any fix for this?... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was playing House Flipper just fine, hopped on MW3 to play Shipmas and about 1/4 way through the game crashed and went to a fuzzy looking screen and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Cam Woollums, Dec 27, 2023.

1. Cam Woollums
    Cam Woollums Guest

Xbox series X games keep crashing after about 45 seconds of play time. Any fix for this?...

I was playing House Flipper just fine, hopped on MW3 to play Shipmas and about 1/4 way through the game crashed and went to a fuzzy looking screen and froze my Series X. Is there any fix to this? Thermal paste potentially needed replaced? I already updated all games, and console. Tried factory resetting, tried clearing caches, nothing worked. So i’m lost

:)

Cam Woollums, Dec 27, 2023
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Xbox series X games keep crashing after about 45 seconds of play time. Any fix for this? Thermal paste?

Hello Cam W, my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox, so we do not have access to any user account or check anything from the forum. All users help each other with common problems.

Note: This is a public forum therefore, I suggest you not share your personal information.

I am very sorry for the problem you are going through, with the intention of being able to help you I did an internal search on the Microsoft forum and found a publication by Gerardo C., an independent advisor, where he mentions an alternative solution as long as the failure is in the software and I thought it was good information, which you should take into account:

You should check that it is not a software problem by doing the following procedures:

1. With the Xbox on, press the power button on the front of the console for 10 seconds until it turns off completely.

2. Unplug the power cord from the console and wait 30 seconds.

3. Reconnect the power cable to your console and turn it on normally.

4. Check if the problem persists, if so, please reset your console to its factory settings keeping your games and applications as follows:

Go to Settings > System > Console Info > Reset Console > Reset and keep games and apps.

This way your console will be reconfigured and you will have to add your account again. No game or application will be deleted, nor will you lose the progress of any game since these are saved in the Xbox Cloud.

5. Check if the problem continues.

If the above fails then you should send it for warranty as it would represent a hardware problem.

Information Source (Credits): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/ff246849-2d36-493e-b41e-b4d396c7df39

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  3. Heather Fothergill Win User

Not Solved: Xbox series X crashing to dashboard or completely shutting off all together

I have the exact same problem with our brand new series x. Thought it was overheating but after troubleshooting, it is completely shutting off around 9-15 minutes. I factory reset and the time between crashes is longer--45 minutes--but still crashing. Same result with different games. Seems silly to return the xbox for a new with the possibility of the same thing happening. Any resolution on how to fix this ASAP is desired!
  4. AcTalYzeBlack Win User

Forza Horizon 5 hotwheels DLC

I play on the Xbox Series X and my game crashes every time i start the expansion. Its not only a PC thing

How can i fix this?
  5. One Lil Orphan Win User

Xbox series x crash

Hi is it can you tell me when a crash bug fix for xbox series x i coming out my xbox series x keeps freezing the game and crashes playing for 2 min then it turns off best regards theis
    Atm its an ongoing issuse, i find it happening most with AC:Val and COD:CW. It happens also with Rouge Company and MK11Ultimate.
  6. Theisemil96nielsen Win User

Software bugs

My xbox series x is crashing when playing Anny game is started op it freezes after 2 minutes and shuts down can you tell when there will be a fix update for this best regards theis
Thema:

1. Xbox series X games keep crashing after about 45 seconds of play time. Any fix for this?... - Similar Threads - series games keep

2. Trying to download games to my Xbox series S and keep getting a "Instillation stopped"...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to download games to my Xbox series S and keep getting a "Instillation stopped"...: I have already followed the steps listed in old forums for this same issue. Can someone give me a better answer than "try turning it off and on again" or "try deleting your Xbox to factory...
  3. I'm trying to play backwards compatible games on my xbox series S, but it keeps saying...

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm trying to play backwards compatible games on my xbox series S, but it keeps saying...: I'm trying to play backwards compatible games on my xbox series S, but it keeps saying theirs either a "sign-in issue" or "Can't connect to internet" it wasn't doing this a few month ago. any...
  4. Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X: I recently played COD MW3 and ran into an issue where I turned my cross play off for Multiplayer via Xbox settings but when I re enabled cross play for Zombies, every time COD would start I would...
  5. If I switch from an original Xbox one to a series s is there a way to keep my game data

in XboX Insiders
    If I switch from an original Xbox one to a series s is there a way to keep my game data: So I might be getting a series a as I have the original Xbox one and it’s very slow. I am going to use the same Microsoft account and everything so will all my game progress save. My main worry is...
  6. Pc keeps downloading xbox series x games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pc keeps downloading xbox series x games: I have tried to stop my pc from redownloading series x games followed all advise I can read but just keeps downloading the games Tried ticking the boxes in the xbox app to stop updates etc...
  7. Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing when trying to run online multi-player games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing when trying to run online multi-player games?: When running certain games over the past year (MW3, Forza Horizon, MLB the Show), my Xbox keep closing the game application and return me to the home screen. Most times, this causes me to lose the...
  8. Why does my Xbox series 2 don’t keep disconnecting in a game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series 2 don’t keep disconnecting in a game?: I recently bought a Xbox series 2 controller 2 weeks ago or so and have had no problems since this last week it keeps “disconnecting” but the light don’t turn off and I can use my Xbox menu and go...
  9. (Xbox one series) installing game keeps knocking out my entire wifi.

in XboX Insiders
    (Xbox one series) installing game keeps knocking out my entire wifi.: I’m trying to install Starfield on my new Xbox series S and it’ll start installing about 2%, then kick off the wifi on every device in the house. Whenever I pause the download, the wifi worked...
  10. Xbox series X keeps kicking me from games and resetting why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series X keeps kicking me from games and resetting why?: My Xbox series x console keeps kicking me out of every game and into the home screen. Sometimes after kicks you out of the game and put you back to the home screen it then resets itself it powers...