Xbox Series X games cracking, bright colors and growing black boxes

Discus and support Xbox Series X games cracking, bright colors and growing black boxes in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought a brand new Xbox Series X (Diablo IV edition) about two months ago. Everything was fine for about a month and a half, but then the picture... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HoldfastTitan, Aug 8, 2023.

1. Xbox Series X games cracking, bright colors and growing black boxes

I bought a brand new Xbox Series X (Diablo IV edition) about two months ago. Everything was fine for about a month and a half, but then the picture began to become distorted. Three things began to happen when I played games only:

1. Picture began to have sharp lines flash as if the screen was cracking.

2. Colors in the game would become overly bright. The colors would be mostly reds but greens and blues were also shown. One color each time just very, very bright wherever it was on the game would be lit up.

3. A black box would form and if I moved it would grow in the opposite direction of where I was moving until it would fill the TV screen.

I thought it was my TV. I replaced it with a Samsung q70c which was shown beside the same console in the store and said to be an "ultimate gaming machine." Didn't stop the issue.

I changed the settings. I enabled HDR. I took it out of HDR. I put the TV in game mode and out of game mode. I enabled 4K, HDR10, 50Hz, auto low-latency mode, variable refresh rate, and YCC 4:2:2. I turned on 4K mode on my TV. None of these worked to any degree.

I changed the HDMI cables given by Xbox. Nothing changed. I moved the HDMI cable into different ports on my TV including the gaming HDMI port. Nothing.

I'm at my wit's end. Everything else works fine. Hulu, Disney Plus, and Netflix all work without issues and show none of the picture quality problems I am having. It is just happening on games that have been downloaded to my Xbox Series X both new Series X and remastered games that I had on my Xbox One.

Is my Xbox already fried?

:)

HoldfastTitan, Aug 8, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Xbox Series X games cracking, bright colors and growing black boxes