XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.

Discus and support XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello. First of all I understand that you support guys are working hard. But please try to read the whole post before answer. Thank you. I have an... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Stonegolem, Apr 20, 2024.

1. Stonegolem
    Stonegolem Guest

Hello.

First of all I understand that you support guys are working hard. But please try to read the whole post before answer. Thank you.

I have an XBox gamepad which was bundled with Xbox Series X. It is working perfectly on XBox. This gamepad is firmware updated to it's latest build.

I also have a PC with Windows 11 Pro 64 bit installed on it. It is also always up to date. My Sony PlayStation DualSense gamepad is working perfectly without any issue wirh bluetooth connection on this computer.

I try to connect my XBox controller to my windows PC by using bluetooth connection. I can pair amd connect without any issue. However, after a couple of minutes, the XBox gamepad behaves abnormally. For example If I press up once, it presses up manytimes byitself afterwards. Or it lags behind a couple of seconds. These all happens randomly.

Here are what I tried:

1) Yes, my xbox batteries are new. I changed to brand new ones to test.

2) Yes, I have fw updated my XBox by using windows app with usb cable and it updated.

3) Yes, my Windows 11 pro is up to date

4) No, there is no issue on my bluetooth device on windows device manager. Also I'm using Sony DualSense controller on bluetooth withput any issue.

5) I'm using the controller next to my pc. The distance is less than 1 meter.

6) I have tried the XBox controller on many different software on PC. It behaves faulty on all of them while Sony DualSense works perfectly.

7) This Xbox Controller works perfectly on XBox series X without any issue.

8) Yes, I have disconnected and removed paired xbox controller and tried to freshly pair the controller many times. I even tried to re-pair after system restart.

I "think" it's a pairing issue, but I don't have enough technical knowledge to be sure. Other than abnormal behaviour, xbox gamepad very rarely disconnects or xbox logo light blinks even if it's connected on PC.

I have checked many questions amd answers before asking in here. But none of them helped.

I hope you guys are aware of this issue. Accept this as an issue and try to fix it. Or better, I hope you guys have a solution for this except "try using cable" or "try buying wifi dongle".

Thank you.

Upset Customer.

:)

Stonegolem, Apr 20, 2024
  2. PastProductions Win User

Gamepad Controller doesn't work on Windows 11

Hi Kathy,

Thank you for getting back to you. Here are the answers to your questions:

May we know if this gamepad is working fine if connected to Consoles or mobile devices?

I have not connected the gamepad yet to consoles or mobile devices. The connection would not allow it to be connected to a mobile device.

How about if this gamepad is connected to Windows 10 PC?

This gamepad connects fine to my other laptop that is running windows 10. It sets it up as usual installing the driver when it is first plugged in.

Is this gamepad working previously on the same PC?

This gamepad used to work on this laptop before windows 11 was installed.

When did this issue happen? Was there a recent Windows update or new application installed on your device?

This issue happened after windows 11 was installed. I have reinstalled windows 11 from a fresh image and still the problem persists. I have tried the wired controller mentioned above, a Bluetooth controller with a wireless dongle, and an official Playstation 4 controller. All of them have presented the same issue when trying to connect with the computer.

Was this a gamepad compatible to Windows 8 or 10 and Windows 11?

No gamepad that I can see online currently says that it is compatible with windows 11. Every gamepad I have bought has said that are compatible with windows 8 or 10. I assume this is because windows 11 is a fairly new product and they don't want to make claims that they are unable to substantiate.

Do we have issues connecting different (in design or brand) gamepad or controller in your PC?

See answers above RE: other controllers.

This seems to be a major windows issue. I've noticed lots of people having this issue and most people don't seem to have been able to rectify the problem as of yet.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/controller/connect-a-wireless-controller - I have already followed this tutorial and it has not been able to solve the problem.
  3. V3ntilator Win User

Xbox Wireless Controller's Share Button and Windows 10

I can't use Windows 11 because of all the removed Win 10 features, and i don't like the new design at all.

I prefer Win 10 as it's more user friendly than Win 11.

- Steam natively supports the Share button in Win 10, and it also can be remapped to saving last 5 minutes with NVIDIA Shadowplay in games.

Alternate app.

- "Xbox Controller Button App".

It enables Share button in Win 10 and you can remap it to most on keyboard.

The problem is that it won't work for everyone due to different revisions of the Series X Gamepad.

Means all Series X Gamepads is not the same.

It's almost year 2023, and it shouldn't be this hard to remap one gamepad button to keyboard hotkey.

After all, it's PC where anything is possible.
  4. Korhog Win User

My Xbox One X controller isn't working on Windows 7 (wired)

it's interesting. i will try to connect xbox one x gamepad to virtual machine with windows 7 after work
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Gamepad Controller doesn't work on Windows 11

Hi PastProductions,

Greetings! Thank you for posting in Xbox Forums. We are happy to help.

We understand that you are trying to connect ZD-V108 wired gamepad with Windows 11 PC. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

There are reasons why the devices are not connecting, it could be cause by incompatibility or update not install. We believe you have checked on possible fix for this issue, we appreciate you have provided it to us. To better isolate your issue, we would like to ask for few questions:

May we know if this gamepad is working fine if connected to Consoles or mobile devices?

1. How about if this gamepad is connected to Windows 10 PC?
    2. Is this gamepad working previously on the same PC?
    3. When did this issue happen? Was there a recent Windows update or new application installed on your device?
    4. Was this a gamepad compatible to Windows 8 or 10 and Windows 11?
    5. Do we have issues connecting different (in design or brand) gamepad or controller in your PC?
    You may check this support article, related to your concern: Connect an Xbox Wireless Controller to your console | Xbox Support.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. S Flaizlett Win User

Problem with Xbox ONE Wireless Controller in NBA 2K22, 2K21 etc

No... sorry for uncorrect info. My gamepad is displayed as 2 gamepads in Mortal Kombat 11. "DirectInput" and "Xbox One". When i tap X it displays as ''A+X" whaen i tap A it displays like "Y+A" etc.
Thema:

1. XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues. - Similar Threads - Series Gamepad Windows

2. If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?: If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever? 633f1604-25c1-4c0e-91b3-038884d6a47e
  3. Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light: I recently tried connecting my Xbox series S to a acer k272hl and every time I connect the cable it says NO SIGNAL, then the light goes yellow. Then it just repeats forever. I tried three...
  4. Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?: Recently bought a Razer Blackshark v2 X usb mic for my Xbox. Didn’t realise it was usb until after I had bought it. I was wondering if there is any possibility at all that I can use it with my...
  5. Friends List on Xbox Series S never being properly up-to-date

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends List on Xbox Series S never being properly up-to-date: My friends list on my Series S is never properly up-to-date unless I do a console restart. Whenever I turn it on and see what my friends are doing, it'll say (for example: Playing Minecraft...
  6. MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled: Hello, Xbox series S, my in game chat for MW3 is not working (when the game loads, where the names normally pop up when someone is talking, its says (chat disabled), during pre-game in works,...
  7. Xbox series S|X console FPS

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series S|X console FPS: Hello guys.. does anyone know how to display live FPS stats when gaming on xbox consoles? (if that's possible ofc) Thanks in advance submitted by /u/BillCipher96 [link] [comments]
  8. Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?: I had a Target order for a Series X that arrived last week. One of the pieces of security tape looked messed with a bit and had some finger prints under the tape, so I returned it for a new one...
  9. Gamepad VIDGES X-Series Pro. Is it suitable for playing together on the same screen on the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamepad VIDGES X-Series Pro. Is it suitable for playing together on the same screen on the...: Hello everyone, look, I want to buy a gamepad VIDGES X-Series Pro. That is, this is not the original gamepad. The question is, is it suitable for a split screen in any game? That is, a game for...
  10. Xbox series gamepad constantly disconnecting from bluetooth. PC Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series gamepad constantly disconnecting from bluetooth. PC Windows 11: Hi. As a title says, Xbox series gamepad constantly disconnecting from bluetooth on PC Windows 11. Haven't seen this behaviour via cabel. Or maybe it restarts itself. After it reconnects to PC,...