XBox Series X Frozen screen (from an advert) - sound runs in background

Discus and support XBox Series X Frozen screen (from an advert) - sound runs in background in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi All, I have been looking through the questions similar to my issue, but I cant find anything. What happened is, when I was watching a TV show on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Andy Mounty, Jul 22, 2023.

1. Andy Mounty
    Andy Mounty Guest

Hi All,

I have been looking through the questions similar to my issue, but I cant find anything.

What happened is, when I was watching a TV show on the ITVX app the picture froze on an advert and the TV program contained playing sound in the background.

I tried to load a game from a disc and you can here the game music, but it remains frozen on the advert picture.

I have tried the hard reset with the BIND and Eject button, but still remains frozen on the advert screen.

I am unable to do the USB solution as I don't have a windows computer, I use Mac's.

Can anyone help or point me to a post that might help.

Thanks

Andy

:)

Andy Mounty, Jul 22, 2023
  2. Zach Seery Win User

I am having this same issue. My xbox series X has had zero issues for the life of it. I just logged into my account, started booting up rocket league, and the screen froze on the loading screen for rocket league. I tried a hard reset, switching the hdmi cord, and even switching the hdmi port. It is still frozen on this screen. I can press the middle button on my controller and hear that it is registering the buttons i'm pushing. It is just frozen on this screen. My tv is working normally, it is only the xbox that is having this issue. This happened out of nowhere.
  3. Andy Mounty Win User

Thank you for replying, I wasn't able to get into any menu, it was like a frozen pic on top of everything working ok behind.

I contacted Microsoft chat and it turned out to be the HDMI cable, when I swapped the one which came with the Xbox when I bought it in march with a spare I have, it worked normally.
  4. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Thank you for the information.

I am glad that it is working now! If you don't have any more questions, feel free to choose a rating, and have a great day!
  5. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey Andy!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, an Independent Advisor. I'm sorry you are experiencing this on your Xbox Series X console. I am here to help.

If I may ask, are you able to restart your console and navigate through the console dashboard with no problem?

If your Xbox Series X has frozen and become unresponsive, the best thing to do is perform a power cycle or hard reset. To do this:

Press and hold the power button on the front of your console. Keep it held for around 10 seconds. This will turn the console off. A short press will simply put your console into sleep mode, which isn't the same thing.

Once you've turned off your console, disconnect your power cable and leave it disconnected for another 10 seconds or so. This will reset the power supply.

Then, reconnect your power cable.

Finally, press the Xbox button on your controller, to restart your console.

If the power cycle works and you have succeeded in navigating through the console dashboard, I would highly recommend you perform a factory reset keep my games and apps:

Before you proceed with your Factory reset I just want to inform you that you will only choose Reset and keep my games and apps to make sure your saved data won't be deleted permanently and also all of the accounts that are set as home Xbox will be removed and all signed in accounts will be signed out from the console.

To reset your console without losing your game data, follow these steps:​​​​​

NOTE: This will remove the profiles on your console, make sure that you remember the email and password to your account.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select Settings.

3. Select System.

4. Select Console info

5. Select Reset console.

6. Select Reset and keep my games & apps

Once you're done, check if the screen freeze will still occur in-game or while using an app.

Reference link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  6. ChumpGoon97 Win User

Me too. White screen when trying to get on solitaire.

Been happening for 3 days now. Frozen white screen instead of advert. Microsoft please resolve.
Thema:

1. XBox Series X Frozen screen (from an advert) - sound runs in background - Similar Threads - Series Frozen screen

2. If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?: If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever? 633f1604-25c1-4c0e-91b3-038884d6a47e
  3. Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light: I recently tried connecting my Xbox series S to a acer k272hl and every time I connect the cable it says NO SIGNAL, then the light goes yellow. Then it just repeats forever. I tried three...
  4. Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?: Recently bought a Razer Blackshark v2 X usb mic for my Xbox. Didn’t realise it was usb until after I had bought it. I was wondering if there is any possibility at all that I can use it with my...
  5. Friends List on Xbox Series S never being properly up-to-date

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends List on Xbox Series S never being properly up-to-date: My friends list on my Series S is never properly up-to-date unless I do a console restart. Whenever I turn it on and see what my friends are doing, it'll say (for example: Playing Minecraft...
  6. MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled: Hello, Xbox series S, my in game chat for MW3 is not working (when the game loads, where the names normally pop up when someone is talking, its says (chat disabled), during pre-game in works,...
  7. Xbox series S|X console FPS

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series S|X console FPS: Hello guys.. does anyone know how to display live FPS stats when gaming on xbox consoles? (if that's possible ofc) Thanks in advance submitted by /u/BillCipher96 [link] [comments]
  8. Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?: I had a Target order for a Series X that arrived last week. One of the pieces of security tape looked messed with a bit and had some finger prints under the tape, so I returned it for a new one...
  9. Launch Xbox Series X shutting off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Launch Xbox Series X shutting off: I have the launch Xbox series x , over the last few months the console will just randomly shut off during online game play. Doesn’t do in menus or on Home Screen, only when playing a game....
  10. Xbox Series X Frozen State

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X Frozen State: I was playing Sonic Forces on my Xbox for the first time when just after getting an "achievement" the game went black and all that was on screen was the achievement popup and it wouldn't go away....