Xbox Series X fan not spinning & slow knocking noise

Discus and support Xbox Series X fan not spinning & slow knocking noise in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox Series X shut off by itself today while playing. When turning it back on, it prompted a screen that said “insufficient ventilation”. It is sitting... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by James Caserta, Dec 15, 2023.

1. Xbox Series X fan not spinning & slow knocking noise

Xbox Series X shut off by itself today while playing. When turning it back on, it prompted a screen that said “insufficient ventilation”. It is sitting on top of the stand with nothing blocking it and has plenty of ventilation. The fan doesn’t seem to be spinning. Also, there is a slow “knock”/“tap” noise. It does it 8 times, double knocks/taps on 8th one, stops, no sound for 5ish seconds, and repeats the cycle.

It seems like it is trying to spin up the fan but fails to do so until it overheats and prompts the “insufficient ventilation” screen. Any insight on a fix would be appreciated. I have factory reset it and the warranty ended November 13th 2023

:)

James Caserta, Dec 15, 2023
  2. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, James C. I'm Arturo, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

I'm sorry to hear your Xbox console is not working properly.

Not only that, but based on the information you provided, this is likely to be a hardware issue.

In your particular case, it is better to get the device inspected as soon as possible.
    However, as your console is out of warranty, it's required to pay a fee.

Depending on where you live, the fee is different.
    You can check the amount by going here https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/getting-your-product-serviced > pick “out of warranty service costs”.

Furthermore, it is important to clarify that we're not able to assist with self-repairs or any kind of specific console diagnose to avoid any misunderstanding.

I know this is not the kind of answer you were expecting, but I hope it helps in some way.

Kind regards,

Arturo.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series S Fan isn't humming like normal.

So usually when I play on my series s the fan makes a loudish noise....
    The Series S, just like the Series X is designed to be quite, in normal gaming (even when play X|S optimised games) the Series S fan should not be audible. It should be pretty much silent.

Have you changed the location of where your console is located? These consoles get warm (hot even), this is normal. So their location is actually more important than hearing the fan spinning.
  4. NOVA1989 Win User

Electrical noise when off? (Instant on is off)

Xbox Series X - even with the console fully shut down, if I place my ear at the top I can hear a buzz like there’s a current. No fan spinning etc.
  5. SqueakyWheel Win User

Xbox one s fan noise

There's the fan being louder and then there's the noise that it's making in the videos. The noise in the vids do sound like the fan is scraping/hitting against the housing rather than just spinning fast.
  6. Joeyd718 Win User

Installing Games to the Hard Drive

my god why does everyone freak out over the noise of a disk spinning, its bound to make some noise the Xbox is great but nothing is made perfect, even after you install the game, it still has to spin the disk to identify it, and the noise when you power
    it down is likely the fans shifting into over drive to cool the system down, make sure it is in a open well ventilated area, and that the fans are free of dust.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X fan not spinning & slow knocking noise - Similar Threads - Series fan spinning

2. My Xbox series s fan while playing fortnite gets loud but not that loud and I got it five...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox series s fan while playing fortnite gets loud but not that loud and I got it five...: Can you explain the to me why this is I’m scared if it’s broken or if it’s just fortnite 8cf8692e-1691-4c47-9d1c-9437e59e1920
  3. ‎‏Hello, I am an Xbox fan and I would like the Steam store to be added to the Xbox Series s

in XboX Insiders
    ‎‏Hello, I am an Xbox fan and I would like the Steam store to be added to the Xbox Series s: ‎‏Hello, I am an Xbox fan and I would like the Steam store to be added to the Xbox Series s submitted by /u/secuirte [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox series x fan noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x fan noise: i bought Xbox series x one year ago now when i turn it on it's ok but when i enter to some games the fan noise is sooo high please help but the temperature is good just the fan noise is...
  5. Are external fans good for my Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are external fans good for my Xbox Series X?: So I got an external fan for my console but after doing research (unfortunately after I found it) most people said this can damage my console. I figured I would ask people with a bit more...
  6. How does internal fan xbox series s work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How does internal fan xbox series s work?: Does internal fan xbox series s always on when you saving energy mode? Or maybe just sleep mode? I want internal fan on my xbox always on, so it can make my xbox cool faster after heat and...
  7. Xbox series x loud fan when turning on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x loud fan when turning on: I bought my Xbox series x a month or two ago and have only had this happen twice. When turning on my Xbox after it being off for a while I hear the fan ramp up and then slow back down to the...
  8. Xbox series s Loud fan noise

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series s Loud fan noise: lately my xbox have been really really loud whenever i play rainbow it gets insanely loud and it gets hot especially the black part of the xbox whenever i play easy or light weight games its not...
  9. Xbox series x fan stops spinning when Xbox series x is put to sleep or shutdown mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x fan stops spinning when Xbox series x is put to sleep or shutdown mode: My Xbox series x when I put it in sleep mode or shutdown mode the fan spins for a while and then stops is this normal 081e39ab-0e46-43e1-b854-f1b5840cf204
  10. Xbox series x fan stopped spinning.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x fan stopped spinning.: I've done everything on here to fix it and the only thing that might work is taking it apart to help clear the dust from the fan. Is there anyway to send the Box back even after warranty. This...