Xbox series X fan is loud when off

Discus and support Xbox series X fan is loud when off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I decided to download a game, but during the process I turned the Xbox off (energy-saving mode), is normal for the fan to keep spinning quite loudly... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by S.A.2101, Aug 18, 2023.

1. S.A.2101
    S.A.2101 Guest

So I decided to download a game, but during the process I turned the Xbox off (energy-saving mode), is normal for the fan to keep spinning quite loudly (approximately 40db) in this state?

The Xbox is brand new and located in a well ventilated area

:)

S.A.2101, Aug 18, 2023
  2. The_Last_DJ Win User

Hello S.A.2101! I'm Kris and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

If the console is not doing anything (not downloading a game or app), is it still loud and continually running? If so, this does not appear to be normal to me.
  3. LucaAvvinti Win User

Xbox Series X fan runs loud when playing Series X games

So, I recently noticed that my Xbox Series X fan runs loud when playing Series X|S / Optimised for Series X|S games specifically.

It’s quite strange as it’s dead quiet every other time, but as soon as I start a Series X|S game, the fan becomes so loud that I need to turn up the tv volume.. it’s quite distracting.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any solutions?

FYI - My Series X is a pre-order/launch day model.. and it sits in an open and well ventilated tv/entertainment stand*

In comparison, I owned an Xbox One S for three years and I never heard the fan on that.
    I’m having the exact same problem now. The only time my Xbox sounds loud is when running series x enhanced games, it’s completely fine on old gen games. Have you had this issue fixed or is it still a problem now?
  4. Gérard Oomens Win User
  5. イザヤ Win User

Xbox One X Fan sounds way louder than usual

Ok I moved it and it has not shut off sense but the Xbox One X Fan noise is not constant and is still loud maybe not as loud as a jet engine like I describe before but still loud way louder than my Xbox One S and OG Xbox One, it would have a fan burst
    when I'm playing which is loud and annoying and the fan noise would never be at a constant noise level while I'm playing a game.
  6. MagHie Win User

Xbox series x fan noise

I have the same issue. Since Fortnite Season two release the Xbox Series X fan is loud. Not in other games. It seems to be a Fortnite issue. I hope this will not damage my console??
Thema:

1. Xbox series X fan is loud when off - Similar Threads - series fan loud

2. My Xbox series s fan while playing fortnite gets loud but not that loud and I got it five...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox series s fan while playing fortnite gets loud but not that loud and I got it five...: Can you explain the to me why this is I’m scared if it’s broken or if it’s just fortnite 8cf8692e-1691-4c47-9d1c-9437e59e1920
  3. ‎‏Hello, I am an Xbox fan and I would like the Steam store to be added to the Xbox Series s

in XboX Insiders
    ‎‏Hello, I am an Xbox fan and I would like the Steam store to be added to the Xbox Series s: ‎‏Hello, I am an Xbox fan and I would like the Steam store to be added to the Xbox Series s submitted by /u/secuirte [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox series x fan noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x fan noise: i bought Xbox series x one year ago now when i turn it on it's ok but when i enter to some games the fan noise is sooo high please help but the temperature is good just the fan noise is...
  5. Are external fans good for my Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are external fans good for my Xbox Series X?: So I got an external fan for my console but after doing research (unfortunately after I found it) most people said this can damage my console. I figured I would ask people with a bit more...
  6. How does internal fan xbox series s work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How does internal fan xbox series s work?: Does internal fan xbox series s always on when you saving energy mode? Or maybe just sleep mode? I want internal fan on my xbox always on, so it can make my xbox cool faster after heat and...
  7. Xbox series x loud fan when turning on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x loud fan when turning on: I bought my Xbox series x a month or two ago and have only had this happen twice. When turning on my Xbox after it being off for a while I hear the fan ramp up and then slow back down to the...
  8. Xbox series s Loud fan noise

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series s Loud fan noise: lately my xbox have been really really loud whenever i play rainbow it gets insanely loud and it gets hot especially the black part of the xbox whenever i play easy or light weight games its not...
  9. My Xbox Series X is making a loud noise from the fan.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series X is making a loud noise from the fan.: When I play games my Xbox is loud. d6630be2-0169-4ae7-9583-5b21f938d13f
  10. why is my xbox series s fan so loud than usual

in XBoX on Windows
    why is my xbox series s fan so loud than usual: well you see my xbox series s i just recently cleaned out a water damage and the next few days ive noticed the fan is louder than usual and ive seen youtube tutorials and it says just to put a fan...