XBox Series X: Ethernet port intermittently stops working

Discus and support XBox Series X: Ethernet port intermittently stops working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The ethernet port intermittently stops working on the xbox series x console after i restart the console. I have to do a power cycle of the console, to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AviBh, Nov 15, 2020.

1. AviBh
    AviBh Guest

The ethernet port intermittently stops working on the xbox series x console after i restart the console. I have to do a power cycle of the console, to get it working.

Power cycling only the modem and the router didnt help either.

Is this a hardware problem? Is anyone else facing the same/similar issue?

:)

AviBh, Nov 15, 2020
  2. Bokor Zombie Win User

So will the series X have an optical out port?

Yes mate the Xbox Series X will have an optical out port, 2 HDMI ports, 2 USB-C port, Ethernet
  3. GMAN990 Win User

cannot connect to xbl

Hi,

If you have tried different cables and ports on the router I'd say the Xbox Ethernet port is faulty (intermittent) and it needs to be returned to store/repaired by Microsoft
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Ethernet port stopped working?

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Fushiko

That's a really odd issue, I can advise you two more things to try, if maybe the issue persists... the next step will be request a repair order for your console:

1. When possible try connecting your Xbox console to a different router to see if that does the trick, or if you have a laptop/PC that supports sharing internet via Ethernet port, you can try it in that way

2. In case you didn't try it, could be nice perform an offline update for your console. In that way Xbox system will be installed from scratch.

For this you need a USB and PC to format it and transfer files provided in the link below (with steps):

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

Hope it helps, greetings from another Microsoft user
  5. DestinJones Win User

Issue with new Arctis 9x and xbox keyboard

The keyboard itself plugs into my controller and the usb, I have plugged into the usb port on the front of my xbox series x. When using the keyboard, the keyboard works but the mic stops working.
  6. kill666hills Win User

XBOX Series X - WiFi issue

Same issue here. New Series X arrived yesterday on launch day. Works fine with an Ethernet cable but not wi-fi. I have a Virgin Media broadband router in the UK. 5GHz network.

Sometimes the wi-fi will work for a couple of mins but then it'll be intermittent then stop.

I've set up a hotspot on my iPhone and it works great over that so the wi-fi on the Xbox itself must be working.

Things I've tried on the router but none have worked:

Reserved IP address

Port fowarding

Turning off firewall

DMZ zone

Changing wireless radio settings from compatible to performance and vice versa

Changed security mode to WPA2-PSK[AES]

I've tried different ports in Xbox network settings and also just done a complete factory reset but no change.

Out of ideas!

Note: All other devices working fine on wi-fi (MacBook, Dell laptop, Nintendo Switch, iPhone).
Thema:

1. XBox Series X: Ethernet port intermittently stops working - Similar Threads - Series Ethernet port

2. can you use an ethernet USB adapter from my phone to my xbox series s for a wired internet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    can you use an ethernet USB adapter from my phone to my xbox series s for a wired internet...: can you use an ethernet USB adapter from my phone to my xbox series s for a wired internet connection? please reply if you can help bfe3048e-eadd-4de5-929b-add22bf8ebaa
  3. XBOX SERIES X LAG ON ETHERNET

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX SERIES X LAG ON ETHERNET: Hi For 6 months I’ve had issues with gaming lag on my Xbox series x. The game is FC24, so it’s an EA server. I’ve got a TP-Link Ax1500 on BT Full Fibre 150, UK. Download 500mgbs Upload...
  4. Xbox Series X Ethernet connection flickering on/off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Ethernet connection flickering on/off: My series X has been connected via Ethernet for months now with no issue, after a change in provider, it is no longer working on a wired connection (which I need as the wifi does not reach me)....
  5. Series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in and won’t connect to WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in and won’t connect to WiFi: Xbox series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in when there isn’t and won’t connect to WiFi. Tried restarting, changing network settings, wiggling an Ethernet cable in and unplugging it...
  6. Is my Series X wifi faster when plugged in via Ethernet to a Google wifi puck, or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is my Series X wifi faster when plugged in via Ethernet to a Google wifi puck, or...: Basically title. What are the differences between the two connections? Which would be faster? 1d3c8e9e-76c8-4e26-9000-593a4684f141
  7. My xbox series X disconnects and connects when connected to an ethernet port i havr tried...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series X disconnects and connects when connected to an ethernet port i havr tried...: my xbox is basically missing a key a feature. 50b9ab2e-b479-4799-b40c-3dffc6bebe5f
  8. Series x thinks im connected to Ethernet when im not, part 2 electric boogaloo

in XboX Insiders
    Series x thinks im connected to Ethernet when im not, part 2 electric boogaloo: Tried to turn on my xbox today and it wont let me connect to wifi. Did all the troubleshooting tips i found online. Then stumbled upon a post from this sub where an apparent xbox employee respoded...
  9. Xbox series s not connecting with ethernet cable but wireless working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s not connecting with ethernet cable but wireless working: Recently had some internet issues but that all sorted now and now my Xbox won’t work using a ethernet cable just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or problem...
  10. Xbox series S ethernet port broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S ethernet port broken: During a thunderstorm a few months ago, my router connected to Xbox series S received a shock that caused it to be knocked out. Upon restarting the router and turning on my Xbox, it seemed as if...