Xbox series X ethernet connection issues

Discus and support Xbox series X ethernet connection issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have recently purchased a Series X. The console performance is exceptional however I routinely have to restart the console when first turning on to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AndySimo88, Jul 31, 2023.

1. AndySimo88
    AndySimo88 Guest

I have recently purchased a Series X. The console performance is exceptional however I routinely have to restart the console when first turning on to get the ethernet connection to work.

This is the same cable that has been used with out issue on the Xbox One. I have rechecked the cable and tried different cables and slots on my ISP router. With the same result.

No issue with any on the Xbox Obe but the same issue on Series X repeatedly. I should add that once a reset of the console there are zero disconnects or issues.

Any advice greatly received.

:)

AndySimo88, Jul 31, 2023
  2. IainRossi Win User

Slow Download Speeds

Did you manage to fix the connectivity issue? My Series X constantly drops connection to xbox live/internet despite an ethernet cable being used.
  3. MarmiteOP Win User

Hotspot not working for series X/S

Hi

I have had similar problems with my sons series x dropping internet connection and the only way of curing this was connecting the console directly to the router with an Ethernet Cable. It now works with no issues. I hope this helps.

And to add my sons Xbox one worked perfectly on our WiFi with no issues but the series x has issues, I’ve no idea why it has these issues but the cable sorted it.

Marmite
  4. GorthaxMephistic Win User

XBOX Series X Ethernet connection issues

Recently got a Series X. It is set up with an ethernet cable directly into the router.

When I switch the xbox on and login to my account the xbox does not connect to the internet. I cannot launch a game.

I can solve the problem by restarting the xbox though I may need to do this several times before it connects to the internet via the ethernet and allows me to launch a game.

I have not changed any internet settings since taking the xbox out of the box.

Any suggestions? Is this a known issue?
    This has been an issue for me since launch. I have 3 series x. All three do it. I have bought new routers, had comcast ship me a new fiber business class modem, bought new cables, etc. I have come to the conclusion that it is a microsoft issue and they are just far to lazy to fix this.
  5. Onyx Is Here Win User

Hello AndySimo88, sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

First, I'd recommend checking your Network Settings to ensure that your NAT is Open. However, Xbox is aware of the connection issue and does recommend sending a bug report by downloading the Xbox Insider app if you don't already have it installed then follow the instructions to report the connection problem there.

In the meantime restarting is the recommended procedure for this.
  6. TigerPrawn2047 Win User

XBOX Series X Ethernet connection issues

Hi Ricardo- thank you for the response. Whilst the actions you outline fix the problem, this is only temporary. The issue returns every few days. Is there a longer term solution that I can implement?
Thema:

1. Xbox series X ethernet connection issues - Similar Threads - series ethernet connection

2. Xbox Series X Ethernet connection flickering on/off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Ethernet connection flickering on/off: My series X has been connected via Ethernet for months now with no issue, after a change in provider, it is no longer working on a wired connection (which I need as the wifi does not reach me)....
  3. Series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in and won’t connect to WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in and won’t connect to WiFi: Xbox series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in when there isn’t and won’t connect to WiFi. Tried restarting, changing network settings, wiggling an Ethernet cable in and unplugging it...
  4. My xbox series X disconnects and connects when connected to an ethernet port i havr tried...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series X disconnects and connects when connected to an ethernet port i havr tried...: my xbox is basically missing a key a feature. 50b9ab2e-b479-4799-b40c-3dffc6bebe5f
  5. Series x thinks im connected to Ethernet when im not, part 2 electric boogaloo

in XboX Insiders
    Series x thinks im connected to Ethernet when im not, part 2 electric boogaloo: Tried to turn on my xbox today and it wont let me connect to wifi. Did all the troubleshooting tips i found online. Then stumbled upon a post from this sub where an apparent xbox employee respoded...
  6. Xbox series s not connecting with ethernet cable but wireless working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s not connecting with ethernet cable but wireless working: Recently had some internet issues but that all sorted now and now my Xbox won’t work using a ethernet cable just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or problem...
  7. When plugging my XBox Series X into a wired ethernet connection, it causes my internet to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When plugging my XBox Series X into a wired ethernet connection, it causes my internet to...: I got a new XBox Series X for Christmas, plugged it into my wired ethernet connection (the same one I was using for my PS4 console with no issues), and shortly after I did this I noticed my...
  8. anyone else have a problem with series x not connecting properly when using ethernet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    anyone else have a problem with series x not connecting properly when using ethernet...: ive tried every fix possible, im far from stupid and been using computers/consoles since the 70s, starting with atari 2600 to coding on a zx spectrum 48k when i was 12. there is definitely a...
  9. Ping High on XBOX Series S even on ethernet connection

in XboX Insiders
    Ping High on XBOX Series S even on ethernet connection: Doing some testing on my xbox and noticed my latency was pretty high for some reason (between 53-60, even hit 101 on one test) I checked on my laptop and I am on 12 ms ping. I have gone through...
  10. Series X unable to connect to Network (Ethernet) after low power sleep until rebooted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X unable to connect to Network (Ethernet) after low power sleep until rebooted: Found an issue affecting Xbox Series X network connectivity on startup from power save mode (.5v). Unable to detect Ethernet network interface until reboot. This issue occurs when a Western...