Xbox Series X Ethernet connection flickering on/off

Discus and support Xbox Series X Ethernet connection flickering on/off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My series X has been connected via Ethernet for months now with no issue, after a change in provider, it is no longer working on a wired connection... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AngryTank, Apr 7, 2024.

1. AngryTank
    AngryTank Guest

My series X has been connected via Ethernet for months now with no issue, after a change in provider, it is no longer working on a wired connection (which I need as the wifi does not reach me).

It connects for literally a split second and then disconnects immediately, this happens probably every 10 seconds. I have tried everything, hard resetting the Xbox, removing power cables, fully resetting the Xbox via the settings etc.

The Ethernet DOES work as it works fine full time when plugged into the smart TV, so it can’t be the cable or the connection itself. I also can’t see how it would be a hardware issue for the Xbox as the Ethernet was not removed when the router was replaced.

Really stuck on this as I feel like I’ve tried everything and having no luck with any forums or help sites at all.

:)

AngryTank, Apr 7, 2024
  2. IainRossi Win User

Slow Download Speeds

Did you manage to fix the connectivity issue? My Series X constantly drops connection to xbox live/internet despite an ethernet cable being used.
  3. TommyWilson8 Win User

Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting

I have one Xbox (Series X) wired via Ethernet. I can play on WiFi with no disconnects but I prefer a wired connection for gaming.
  4. Blackhawks1009 Win User

Xbox Series X Unstable Wired Network Connection, Ethernet.

Im having the exact same issue with my Series X as DMcC1 though im using the modem/router provided by Spectrum Cable in western NY. Ethernet cable works fine on xbox one and any other device I connect it to, but when I connect it to the series X it will
    connect for about 2 seconds and then disconnect and tell me i dont have an ethernet cable plugged in. It then alternates between connecting for about 2 seconds and then disconnecting for a while and then repeats the process. Wireless connection seems fine.
    I guess im glad to know im not the only one.
  5. MarmiteOP Win User

Xbox series X crash

Do you mean crashes as in switches off? or back to the Home Screen? My son has had 3 series x so far! The first two randomly switching off and Microsoft said to return for refund and this latest one was dropping the internet connection by going back to the Home Screen. It seems as though my wireless internet connection wasn’t good enough even though the series x is in the same room as router. I tried using an Ethernet cable connecting the series x directly to the router and not had a problem since! I would recommend trying this. I know its not ideal in the day of WiFi but it’s worked for us and my son is happy.

I hope this helps

Marmite
  6. andersonpassos Win User

Transfer games with ethernet cable directly between xbox one xbox series x

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good afternoon

Transferring games directly between Xbox One and Xbox Series X consoles using an Ethernet cable is a feature known as "console streaming." It is designed to allow you to play games on your Xbox Series X that you own on your Xbox One, without having to wait for the game to download to your new console. However, this feature can be somewhat finicky and may not always work as expected.

The reason it's not working now could be caused by a number of reasons, such as:

The Xbox Series X may have a newer firmware version that is not compatible with the Xbox One's version.

The ethernet cable may be faulty or not properly connected.

The Xbox Series X may have been connected to the internet in the meantime, and that broke the direct connection.

To try to resolve the issue, you can try the following steps:

Check that both consoles are on the same network, and that the ethernet cable is properly connected to both consoles.

Check that the ethernet cable is not damaged or malfunctioning.

Check that both consoles are on the latest firmware version, and update them if necessary.

Make sure that you have the latest version of the Xbox app on your mobile device as well.

Try to reset the network settings on both consoles by going to Settings > Network > Network settings > Advanced settings > Reset network settings.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X Ethernet connection flickering on/off - Similar Threads - Series Ethernet connection

2. Series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in and won’t connect to WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in and won’t connect to WiFi: Xbox series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in when there isn’t and won’t connect to WiFi. Tried restarting, changing network settings, wiggling an Ethernet cable in and unplugging it...
  3. My xbox series X disconnects and connects when connected to an ethernet port i havr tried...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series X disconnects and connects when connected to an ethernet port i havr tried...: my xbox is basically missing a key a feature. 50b9ab2e-b479-4799-b40c-3dffc6bebe5f
  4. Series x thinks im connected to Ethernet when im not, part 2 electric boogaloo

in XboX Insiders
    Series x thinks im connected to Ethernet when im not, part 2 electric boogaloo: Tried to turn on my xbox today and it wont let me connect to wifi. Did all the troubleshooting tips i found online. Then stumbled upon a post from this sub where an apparent xbox employee respoded...
  5. Xbox series s not connecting with ethernet cable but wireless working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s not connecting with ethernet cable but wireless working: Recently had some internet issues but that all sorted now and now my Xbox won’t work using a ethernet cable just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or problem...
  6. When plugging my XBox Series X into a wired ethernet connection, it causes my internet to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When plugging my XBox Series X into a wired ethernet connection, it causes my internet to...: I got a new XBox Series X for Christmas, plugged it into my wired ethernet connection (the same one I was using for my PS4 console with no issues), and shortly after I did this I noticed my...
  7. anyone else have a problem with series x not connecting properly when using ethernet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    anyone else have a problem with series x not connecting properly when using ethernet...: ive tried every fix possible, im far from stupid and been using computers/consoles since the 70s, starting with atari 2600 to coding on a zx spectrum 48k when i was 12. there is definitely a...
  8. Ping High on XBOX Series S even on ethernet connection

in XboX Insiders
    Ping High on XBOX Series S even on ethernet connection: Doing some testing on my xbox and noticed my latency was pretty high for some reason (between 53-60, even hit 101 on one test) I checked on my laptop and I am on 12 ms ping. I have gone through...
  9. Series X unable to connect to Network (Ethernet) after low power sleep until rebooted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X unable to connect to Network (Ethernet) after low power sleep until rebooted: Found an issue affecting Xbox Series X network connectivity on startup from power save mode (.5v). Unable to detect Ethernet network interface until reboot. This issue occurs when a Western...
  10. Xbox series X ethernet connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X ethernet connection issues: I have recently purchased a Series X. The console performance is exceptional however I routinely have to restart the console when first turning on to get the ethernet connection to work. This is...