Xbox Series X ethernet broken after power cycle

Discus and support Xbox Series X ethernet broken after power cycle in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Follow up to this thread which was recently closed despite the issue still not fixed.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by thotherguy, Apr 2, 2023.

1. thotherguy
    thotherguy Guest

Follow up to this thread which was recently closed despite the issue still not fixed.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...n-issues/3e5ce31c-dc62-4673-a239-7f81bfa233d7

So this is still happening. Before anyone responds with "buy better/new cables" please refer to below and the previous thread for all the troubleshooting completed up until now.

Summary:

At startup xbox can't find a network connection despite a working ethernet cable and router is connected. Internet access is available on all other devices.

Can't sign in, you go through a loop trying to connect.

Network settings shows All services available, NAT takes a while to show up but shows Moderate (normally Open). Friends list showed people online and games being played, but no avatars, tile on dash "connect to xbox network"

Notes from previous thread:
    Series X turned off/on, power unplugged for >10mins

Tried different router ports

Tried static IP/DHCP

Tried energy saver and standby

Tried using alternate MAC address

Tried changing port

Tried enabling/disabling uPNP on router

Tried using a switch in between router

Tried full offline system update

Tried different/new cables

Router full factory reset, latest firmware

Xbox One on same network using the same cable before the Series X was added, never had a networking issue like this...ever.

Multiple reports have been sent via Report a problem. Note that this is sent AFTER the issue is resolved by disconnecting the ethernet cable at the router and restarting the xbox, so any network related data will not be relevant to the report.

Please refer to the ping logs in the previous thread for more information (can't link directly). This has been duplicated multiple times as well.

This is not just my issue as noted by the previous thread and many others on reddit/other forums.

Setup:

TP-Link VR1600v - ethernet cable - Series X

At this point the current thought is that Energy-Efficient Ethernet may be somewhat related due to some incompatibility between the router and xbox causing it to not wakeup as it should leading to the erratic pings and unstable/not working connection. Just a theory though.

:)

thotherguy, Apr 2, 2023
  2. DominicClark Win User

Minecraft cloud sync from One S to Series X

It still gives me the sync message. I just power cycled the series x and it didn,didn't, work. So I then after the power cycle I reinstall the game again. I still haven't cleared local saves because I can't find it after going to manage game and addons.
  3. Boss 429 POWER Win User

0x80830003 problem.

i am playing these games while connected to Xbox Live. i've also power cycled the Series X.
  4. Avenger12PR Win User

Wired connection

Hey- hope this helps. The first thing to so would be to power cycle the console and check your router. Make sure your cable (ethernet cable) is in good condition. Ussually this problems solves after the power cycle.

If that does not helps, here is a link with some other steps.

https://windowsreport.com/xbox-ethernet-cable-not-working/
  5. GRIMknight XII Win User

chat not connecting!

I’m on a series X and I have tried the power cycle. Nothing seems to work
  6. D3AthRob ACE Win User

Xbox series x Ethernet port broken?

Hi all,

It’s not a new question I know, but is there any fix for the Ethernet port problem with the Series X planned?

I can see questions ranging back from release and it is making the unit completely frustrating to use. Any time it powers down, it disconnects from Ethernet upon restart and takes a long period of restarts, resets and unplugging to reconnect again.

It seems to be particularly bad when in energy saving mode, where it won’t connect at all. I’ve tried every way of resolving the problem but it simply reoccurs immediately afterwards and never stays connected for long.

Microsoft must be aware - are they planning a fix? Is it a hardware/firmware problem? Are all series x’s doing this?
    I'm having the same problem. Unplugged my series x and played on another console, plugged my series x in and couldn't connect to internet using ethernet port. Wireless works fine. Did everything to diagnose the problem. Called Microsoft and I'm barely 2 months out of my warranty, go figure. Read up on this problem and we are definitely not the only ones dealing with wonky ethernet ports. Wish I had a answer for ya bud.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X ethernet broken after power cycle - Similar Threads - Series ethernet broken

2. can you use an ethernet USB adapter from my phone to my xbox series s for a wired internet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    can you use an ethernet USB adapter from my phone to my xbox series s for a wired internet...: can you use an ethernet USB adapter from my phone to my xbox series s for a wired internet connection? please reply if you can help bfe3048e-eadd-4de5-929b-add22bf8ebaa
  3. XBOX SERIES X LAG ON ETHERNET

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX SERIES X LAG ON ETHERNET: Hi For 6 months I’ve had issues with gaming lag on my Xbox series x. The game is FC24, so it’s an EA server. I’ve got a TP-Link Ax1500 on BT Full Fibre 150, UK. Download 500mgbs Upload...
  4. Xbox Series X Ethernet connection flickering on/off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Ethernet connection flickering on/off: My series X has been connected via Ethernet for months now with no issue, after a change in provider, it is no longer working on a wired connection (which I need as the wifi does not reach me)....
  5. Series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in and won’t connect to WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in and won’t connect to WiFi: Xbox series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in when there isn’t and won’t connect to WiFi. Tried restarting, changing network settings, wiggling an Ethernet cable in and unplugging it...
  6. Is my Series X wifi faster when plugged in via Ethernet to a Google wifi puck, or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is my Series X wifi faster when plugged in via Ethernet to a Google wifi puck, or...: Basically title. What are the differences between the two connections? Which would be faster? 1d3c8e9e-76c8-4e26-9000-593a4684f141
  7. My xbox series X disconnects and connects when connected to an ethernet port i havr tried...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series X disconnects and connects when connected to an ethernet port i havr tried...: my xbox is basically missing a key a feature. 50b9ab2e-b479-4799-b40c-3dffc6bebe5f
  8. Series x thinks im connected to Ethernet when im not, part 2 electric boogaloo

in XboX Insiders
    Series x thinks im connected to Ethernet when im not, part 2 electric boogaloo: Tried to turn on my xbox today and it wont let me connect to wifi. Did all the troubleshooting tips i found online. Then stumbled upon a post from this sub where an apparent xbox employee respoded...
  9. Xbox series s not connecting with ethernet cable but wireless working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s not connecting with ethernet cable but wireless working: Recently had some internet issues but that all sorted now and now my Xbox won’t work using a ethernet cable just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or problem...
  10. Xbox series S ethernet port broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S ethernet port broken: During a thunderstorm a few months ago, my router connected to Xbox series S received a shock that caused it to be knocked out. Upon restarting the router and turning on my Xbox, it seemed as if...