XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC

Discus and support XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC, when I had the XBox One it did control my tv but now I got a XBox Series X it does not control my tv... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MechWarriorZero, Dec 5, 2023.

1. XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC

my XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC, when I had the XBox One it did control my tv but now I got a XBox Series X it does not control my tv

:)

MechWarriorZero, Dec 5, 2023
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Xbox one won't turn on my insiginia tv when I turn the console on

Hi TexasMaster9351! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

HDMI-CEC is supported only on Xbox One X, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Series X. You must also enable HDMI-CEC on your TV.

Xbox Series X|S consoles can use an HDMI feature called Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) to send commands to and from CEC-enabled devices (such as TVs and AVRs) that are connected to the console.

This feature can be turned on and off via the TV & A/V power options settings screen. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide, then go to Profile & system > Settings > General > Sleep mode & startup > TV & A/V power options.
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello MechWarriorZero,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

4. MechWarriorZero Win User

when I had the XBox One I was able to control my tv though Xbox one, but now I have the series x and I cant control my tv though my series x?
  5. Tomm_A Win User

Hello MechWarriorZero,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you are having issue controlling your TV using HDMI-CEC features of your Xbox Series X console. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

It is possible that your Tv's firmware need an update to be compatible with new console or it could be that the HDMI cable is not compatible. Let us check it though by following troubleshooting steps:

Here are the things to consider:

• Double-check that your device supports CEC, and that the feature is turned on in your device settings. Also verify that CEC is enabled on the console's TV & A/V power options settings screen.
    • Make sure your device’s firmware is up to date. Check your device documentation to see how to update the firmware on your TV.
    • Make sure your HDMI cable is plugged into the correct port on your device. Some devices may support CEC only through certain ports. Check your device documentation.
    • If there is another device between your console and your TV, try plugging your console directly into your TV instead. Some devices will “pass-through” CEC commands from your console to your TV, but other devices may interfere with CEC data.
    • Be sure you are using cables certified for HDMI High Speed or HDMI Premium.
    • Try power cycling your device by unplugging it from its power source, waiting for a couple minutes, and then plugging it back in.

For your reference, see: How do I control other devices using HDMI-CEC? | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

6. jeremiah busby Win User

How do I get my series x console to control TV?

I have tried turning everything off and disconnected everything, turned on the tv and connected the xbox to the amp and connected the amp to the tv making sure I plugged in to a arc input and turned that on I made sure the hdmi control on my amp was turned on my xbox will turn my amp on but my amp won't control my tv my old one s console had option to separately control both tv and amp but my series x console only has one option for cec control
Thema:

1. XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC - Similar Threads - Series don't control

2. Hi I ordered my series s from takealot and they don't except return as it's past 3 months...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi I ordered my series s from takealot and they don't except return as it's past 3 months...: Hi I ordered my series s from takealot and they don't except return as it's past 3 months but I still have my 12 month warranty I wanted to know if it was possible to do a return....
  3. My xbox series s does not want to connect to my wifi but connects to other WiFi I don't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series s does not want to connect to my wifi but connects to other WiFi I don't...: I need help to fix this problem 2380e82f-b21e-4d8f-841c-7c8145962412
  4. My Xbox Series S is continually saying I don't have enough memory.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S is continually saying I don't have enough memory.: My Xbox Series S is saying I don't have enough memory. I only COH3 on the Xbox, have done a hard reset, reset the console both with games and apps and without and it still does it. Any clues...
  5. My Series X is having difficulties and I don't know why. Can anyone help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Series X is having difficulties and I don't know why. Can anyone help?: So I recently got a new series x, and everything has been fine, everything is up to date and I've had no real issues except for one. I have an xbox one copy of Red Dead Redemption 2 and I'd like...
  6. Keyboard mappings don't work on xbox elite series 2

in XboX Insiders
    Keyboard mappings don't work on xbox elite series 2: So I tried the new feature in the xbox accessories app, I mapped the key binds however when pressing the buttons that are binded I get no response. I have the elite series 2 controller submitted...
  7. I have nearly finished Slime Rancher 2, Xbox series X now telling me I don't own the game?...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have nearly finished Slime Rancher 2, Xbox series X now telling me I don't own the game?...: Xbox Series X not letting me play slime Rancher 2, after nearly completing the game, not on trial I own the game c35e4553-73cd-4b8f-8a80-38f26f06c05d
  8. Series X thinks I have a headset connected and I don't

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X thinks I have a headset connected and I don't: Hi! My series X is in Headset Mode and refuses to pass sound to the TV. I don't have a headset, so this is a bit of a surprise. I've tried power cycle and the device reset, as well as plugging...
  9. Xbox series controller don't recconect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series controller don't recconect: I have one Xbox series controller, I use it in my computer with a bluetooth adapter. But everytime that it turn off, when I turn it on again it still appears paired on my bluetooth devices but...
  10. My series X is bugging out and I don't know why!!

in XboX Insiders
    My series X is bugging out and I don't know why!!: I bought a refurbished Xbox series X and all was going well. I booted up.the new TCM game and now it's acting weird. It crashes Randomly and often and sometimes it just hard shuts off the console....