Xbox Series X does not show "Allow Dolby Vision" or "Dolby Vision for Gaming" with LG C1...

Discus and support Xbox Series X does not show "Allow Dolby Vision" or "Dolby Vision for Gaming" with LG C1... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I'm having trouble getting Dolby Vision working on the Xbox Series X with LG C1 OLED TV. The Xbox says that my TV supports Dolby Vision for gaming up... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by MikeK_117, Jan 9, 2022.

1. MikeK_117
    MikeK_117 Guest

Xbox Series X does not show "Allow Dolby Vision" or "Dolby Vision for Gaming" with LG C1...

I'm having trouble getting Dolby Vision working on the Xbox Series X with LG C1 OLED TV. The Xbox says that my TV supports Dolby Vision for gaming up to 4k 120Hz, but I do not get the options under Video Modes to Allow Dolby Vision or Dolby Vision for Gaming. They're just not there. If I start a Dolby Vision game the TV just goes into HDR10 mode, and does not show Dolby Vision. However, If I go into Netflix on the Xbox Series X, It will go into Dolby Vision mode when watching movies. I've tried restarting the xbox several times, and also did a factory reset.

The xbox shows it is up to date with

OS version 10.0.22000.3055 (xb_flt_2111co.211213-1700)

Shell version 2111.0.2112.11002

The LG C1 OLED TV has latest firmware 03.25.10

How can I get those Dolby Vision options to show up in Video Modes on the Xbox?

:)

MikeK_117, Jan 9, 2022
  2. MaxWeidner Win User

Xbox series X and LG C2 problems.

No, unfortunately, one cannot speak of clarity in this case, because I have experienced the exact opposite case.

I own the LG C1 and the LG C2, and the handshake problems have NEVER occurred in over a year of use on the C1! Instead, however, they keep coming back with the C2 on the same Xbox Series X console. When switching this console back to the C1, the same picture again, NEVER! LG C1 and LG C2 both support Dolby Vision (for gaming). Before testing the LG C2 with one / my Series X, I had never heard of the handshake issue with Dolby Vision. Besides, the LG C2 works very well, but the Dolby Vision handshake in games can hardly be tested on other devices, because the PS5 does not support this feature and other devices are at least unknown to me.
  3. Richard waddington Win User

How do I make Dolby vision become active on 4 k uhd disc play back even when allow box has been ticked

Hi I have a Xbox series x with a Dolby vision compatible tv also will the allow Dolby vision playback selected in settings on and it still only displays in HDR only when playing 4k blu rays ? I have set it 4k 60hz and the games display in Dolby vision plus streaming apps but not 4k disc playback! Is this correct that the xbox series can’t do this ?
  4. LogikCubed Win User

Xbox Series X - Screen Glitch/Distortion only during Game loading/static screens (not on any other app)

I had the exact same problem which didn't start until today, and I use my Xbox Series X every day..

Starting today, running any game would show me a screen like the op showed.

I turned off Dolby Vision on my LG 55C2 like Jesse Mass suggested (THANK YOU!) and that completely fixed the problem.

With regards to Dolby Vision...

So it's either a TV update that went through (current software version 03.33.65) and changed something (but I didn't notice a recent update), or the Xbox changed something (though the last Xbox update was over a month ago).

So I turned off Dolby Vision in the Xbox's video settings and now everything works fine (except for no Dolby Vision).
  5. MikeK_117 Win User

Xbox Series X does not show "Allow Dolby Vision" or "Dolby Vision for Gaming" with LG C1 OLED TV

SOLVED: Turns out my pi-hole was blocking some sites needed for the Xbox to show the Dolby Vision options. The Dolby Vision options in settings appeared once I disabled the pi-hole. I also had a problem where Xbox Assist would not launch, and it now launches with the pi-hole disabled. So this appears to have been a network issue on my end. Hopefully this will help anyone having similar issues in the future.
  6. 志强董 Win User

When will Microsoft patch the One X to support Dolby Vision on the 4K Blueray player

I have a XBOX One X connected to an OLED LG C8. If I use the Netflix app on XBOX One X then the LG will display Dolby Vision. So I know that it is passing. But If I use a 4K Bluray that has Dolby Vision, the player will only output HDR。Blu-ray
    playback is already up to date.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X does not show "Allow Dolby Vision" or "Dolby Vision for Gaming" with LG C1... - Similar Threads - Series does show

2. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  3. Does Anyone Know if the Gigabyte M27Q will do 1440p 120hz on xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Anyone Know if the Gigabyte M27Q will do 1440p 120hz on xbox series x: Does Anyone Know if the Gigabyte M27Q will do 1440p 120hz on xbox series x, im looking to get a 1440p monitor thatll do 120hz on my console the monitor i had before was 1440p but it wouldnt work...
  4. My xbox series x does not connect to the Internet at all. No wireless networks appear on it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x does not connect to the Internet at all. No wireless networks appear on it: The Internet works fine on everything else. ead1a9fe-d0af-4431-9005-424964e655e8
  5. Acer nitro VG240Y M3biip 180hz does it support 120Hz on Xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Acer nitro VG240Y M3biip 180hz does it support 120Hz on Xbox series s: Acer nitro VG240Y M3biip 180hz does it support 120Hz on Xbox series s b3f13c6f-8e8c-44ec-acb8-1c3d462029de
  6. Acer nitro VG240Y M3biip 180hz does it support 120Hz on Xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Acer nitro VG240Y M3biip 180hz does it support 120Hz on Xbox series s: Acer nitro VG240Y M3biip 180hz does it support 120Hz on Xbox series s f9cc34c0-3cba-4f78-a401-6962a2669e48
  7. Why does my xbox series x Green screen and then crash mid game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series x Green screen and then crash mid game?: Everytime i game my console freezes, hoes to a green screen and then crashes. Any idea why this is happening? It isn’t just one game it happens on call of duty & Fortnite. Started happening...
  8. Does series x have a predictive text feature?

in XboX Insiders
    Does series x have a predictive text feature?: Hey yall so my ps5 remembers what ive typed in the past and the predictive text uses that knowledge when predicting what im gonna type, which is super handy in games like fallout where i can name...
  9. What does it mean when my xbox series s power button blocks rapidly in a series of 2 blinks?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What does it mean when my xbox series s power button blocks rapidly in a series of 2 blinks?: My xbox series s power button started blinking 2 times at a time after I turned it off. I'm worried something I wrong with my xbox. What does it mean and how do I fix it?...
  10. How does internal fan xbox series s work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How does internal fan xbox series s work?: Does internal fan xbox series s always on when you saving energy mode? Or maybe just sleep mode? I want internal fan on my xbox always on, so it can make my xbox cool faster after heat and...