Xbox series x disc drive and cloud sync

Discus and support Xbox series x disc drive and cloud sync in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My XBox seriesX disc drive does not work and also now won’t sync with the cloud f9f45fe7-190a-421d-ae07-22bd0fc8bdb5 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Paul G3, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Paul G3
    Paul G3 Guest

My XBox seriesX disc drive does not work and also now won’t sync with the cloud

:)

Paul G3, Feb 28, 2024
  2. Bitsyth Win User

Xbox Backwards/Forwards compatibility

Yes. Game progress is saved the same way from the disc than from a digital game either on the cloud or on the hard disk drive.

*Keep in Xbox Series S doesn't support physical disc-based media. The Xbox Series X is Microsoft's only next-generation console with an optical disc-drive.
  3. Paul G3 Win User

It doesn’t read any disc at all. The warranty ran out in January. So I. Guess this repair is on me now. If I do replace the drive and still have a problem syncing with the cloud. I can’t even sign in now after doing a reset. It just stays on the loading screen until I get tired of looking at it.
  4. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Paul, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am truly sorry to hear that.

Is your drive not reading any disc?

If that is the case, I recommend you submit a repair request.

Please, register your device on this link: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/register-your-product

Then, fill out the repair form: https://account.microsoft.com/devices/select-device-for-repair

You can check the warranty terms here: https://support.microsoft.com/help/...ce-plans-and-terms-conditions-for-your-device

If your device is out of warranty, you can check the costs here:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/getting-your-product-serviced

I hope this helps.
  5. Papo Type R Win User

Cross Gen MODERN WARFARE 2 DISC NOT READING

It actually does. I got the Series X this holiday at $349, and the same disc is working perfectly. I have determined that the Xbox One X disc drive is trying to read Cross Gen discs differently than Xbox One discs. The disc drive on the Series X doesn’t have this issue. You might need a new disc or you might need to send your Series X for maintenance.
  6. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

Storage Sync Issue Between Consoles

So you have the cloud saves that will be through the XBox cloud service, then you have the saves that are located on your local Series X hard drive. If you can move the saves to the external drive youll have those avail. If the cloud automatically syncs the game save it will be from the cloud. Sometimes a game will give the option of what save via date and time you want to use. Just depends on the game and not sure if this one does it.
Thema:

1. Xbox series x disc drive and cloud sync - Similar Threads - series disc drive

2. When I put in a Xbox 360 disc my Xbox Series X disc drive beeps

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I put in a Xbox 360 disc my Xbox Series X disc drive beeps: When I put in the [slightly damaged] disc, it's spins, does stage normal sounds that I hear and then it's a quiet beeeeep then it goes back to the sounds and it repeats, any ideas why?...
  3. Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...: Hi, for the last 6 months I have had serious with my disc drive on my Series X. I am aware of reports that the laser diode that was used in the manufacturing has issues, I have also tried every...
  4. is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time

in XBoX on Consoles
    is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time: I have an xbox series x and I notice that it leaves some minor or too minor scratches to discs. The laser read them normally and I dont hear any grinding or weird noise from the disc drive. I can...
  5. Series X disc drive noise on start up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X disc drive noise on start up: Seems to be a quick jerk or vibrating noise that last a split second. Runs fine otherwise. I talked to MS support and they said it’s the disc drive looking for a disc. I don’t have any discs tho....
  6. Can you repair/clean a Xbox series x disc drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you repair/clean a Xbox series x disc drive?: My Xbox series x will no longer install disks ,or read some disks. I was able to get one game to install, and load, but that’s it. Is there any way for me to fix this? I no longer have a warranty...
  7. “Xbox Series X Blu-Ray Disc drive freezes in BETA Ring”

in XboX Insiders
    “Xbox Series X Blu-Ray Disc drive freezes in BETA Ring”: Sup guy’s, so my series X is only a year old and the Actual disc drive has NEVER been used more then 3 times for Halo MCC (not including now)! Never had any issues in the past! Right after I...
  8. When is the patented disc drive going to release for the Series S console?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When is the patented disc drive going to release for the Series S console?: Microsoft filed for a patent to create an external disk drive for the series s console over a year ago and has been dead silent on the topic ever since. Will we get any updates any time soon? Or...
  9. XBOX SERIES X DISC DRIVE ONLY WORKS ON CERTIAN GAMES

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX SERIES X DISC DRIVE ONLY WORKS ON CERTIAN GAMES: Am i seriously going to need to start a class action lawsuit over the new series x only reading certian games? Its been almost 9 months ive waited for an update to fix. Certain games play, others...
  10. 2nd New Lego 2k Drive Xbox Series X Disc Won't Install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    2nd New Lego 2k Drive Xbox Series X Disc Won't Install: Like the title says this is the 2nd brand new copy of Lego 2k Drive that simply doesn't do anything when put into my Xbox series x. I've went through all the generic trouble shooting including...