Xbox Series X cuts volume off completely when starting up any game

Discus and support Xbox Series X cuts volume off completely when starting up any game in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; As stated, my Series X just randomly stopped playing back any audio once I start a game. I can listen through my headset, but my TV will not play back... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Gatlin Owens, Dec 22, 2023.

1. Gatlin Owens
    Gatlin Owens Guest

As stated, my Series X just randomly stopped playing back any audio once I start a game. I can listen through my headset, but my TV will not play back anything. With apps like YouTube it works just fine, but as soon as I start a game everything goes silent. I did a factory reset (the keep games and apps option) and have done a hard reset by unplugging the console for a few minutes and plugging it back in again. All of which was to no avail which was pretty frustrating. I’m out of options and wondering if anyone has a solution.

Thanks in advance

:)

Gatlin Owens, Dec 22, 2023
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Hello Gatlin O, my name is Oskayra and I will help you solve your problem.

I found this information that you can try to solve your audio problem:

Since resetting the console to its factory values did not solve the problem (normally this is the last resort that is done if everything else fails) and added to the fact that it happens to you in several games and not just in one specific one, then if it is It is recommended that you apply the console warranty since there is really nothing else to try (resetting the console solves software problems since it reinstalls the Xbox OS).

This information is not mine, it is from the independent advisor Gerardo C. Therefore the credits will be attributed to him.

Credits:

Source of information:

https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/fd5644c0-cb4a-4991-ab90-7e0c2b97a759

This information may be in another language so you will have to translate it yourself, I hope you understand.

I hope this information has helped you solve your audio problem.

It was a pleasure helping you, don't hesitate to write to me again if you need help.

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  3. LucaAvvinti Win User

Xbox Series X fan runs loud when playing Series X games

So, I recently noticed that my Xbox Series X fan runs loud when playing Series X|S / Optimised for Series X|S games specifically.

It’s quite strange as it’s dead quiet every other time, but as soon as I start a Series X|S game, the fan becomes so loud that I need to turn up the tv volume.. it’s quite distracting.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any solutions?

FYI - My Series X is a pre-order/launch day model.. and it sits in an open and well ventilated tv/entertainment stand*

In comparison, I owned an Xbox One S for three years and I never heard the fan on that.
    I’m having the exact same problem now. The only time my Xbox sounds loud is when running series x enhanced games, it’s completely fine on old gen games. Have you had this issue fixed or is it still a problem now?
  4. GTRSJKL1052517 Win User

Xbox 1x taking too long to power down since recent dashboard update

Xbox x just got cutting off completely hELP
  5. onlyonevince Win User

Xbox One S shuts off when playing Resident Evil

I am having the same issue, where when a cut scene comes up, my xbox one shuts off completely. I am stuck at the train derailment scene. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and I try to press start to skip the cut scenes, and it keeps crashing. My
    xbox is well ventilated, stands vertical, alone.
  6. Azrael008uk Win User

Ninja Gaiden Z - Anyone Got it?

You can get the "Naruto Shippuden" complete series boxsets for a pretty decent amount considering the sheer bulk of anime on them.

Each volume is a complete season and they've released 1 - 4 so far.

I collected the Manga to bring me up to speed from the beginning of the series to the start of Shippuden and then had to go back to the Manga when I got to the end of complete series 3 (I picked up 4 so I could watch Pain get a punch).

I've actually held off playing "Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3: Full Burst" to avoid spoiilers.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X cuts volume off completely when starting up any game - Similar Threads - Series cuts volume

2. Discord on Xbox Series S/X, Xbox One, PS5 Mics Cut Out After 30+ minutes in a call

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Discord on Xbox Series S/X, Xbox One, PS5 Mics Cut Out After 30+ minutes in a call: Hello! The Discord voice chat on the Xbox Series X and S as well as PlayStation is glitchy and starts aggressively cutting out specifically only for the console people after about 30-60 minutes of...
  3. Why is my audio cutting out on my series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my audio cutting out on my series X: So I got a series x in June and a month ago ive noticed the audio cuts out after I start the console. I have two microsoft official headsets and they experience the same issue. both of these...
  4. Wireless audio is cutting out on xbox series x

in XboX Insiders
    Wireless audio is cutting out on xbox series x: So I have been using the official xbox wireless headset and for some reason whenever I start up the console the audio starts cutting out when doing anything. The only way to fix this is to reset...
  5. My xbox series x audio is cutting out

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series x audio is cutting out: So I have had a xbox series x for about three months. In the past two weeks I have started experiencing audio cutting out when I start my xbox. The only way to stop this from happening is to...
  6. Microsoft Headset Series X/S Cutting in and out

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Headset Series X/S Cutting in and out: I have the latest Xbox Wireless Headset connected to my Xbox Series X by Bluetooth. When playing games with party chat / audio, the audio only works well 50% of the time. At random, audio quality...
  7. Xbox series X screen has green dots and keeps cutting out. How can I fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X screen has green dots and keeps cutting out. How can I fix this?: My xbox series x screen has green dots in the background and keeps cutting out after about 20 seconds consistently. I have checked all hdmi cables and there's no issue with other devices. Anyone...
  8. XBOX SERIES X cuts off after 30 seconds and has no display to monitor.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX SERIES X cuts off after 30 seconds and has no display to monitor.: After 30 seconds my Xbox series X cuts off. There is no display at all to my monitor. I tried a new hdmi, and it was still was not displaying any image to my monitor. Also, the box will not stay...
  9. Microsoft Headset Series X/S Cutting in and out - Fornite

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Headset Series X/S Cutting in and out - Fornite: I have the latest Xbox Wireless Headset connected to my Xbox Series X by Bluetooth. When playing Fortnite, the audio only works well 50% of the time. At random, audio quality will reduce, cut...
  10. My console (series s)get power but it doesn't make the start up noise an d it cuts off by...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My console (series s)get power but it doesn't make the start up noise an d it cuts off by...: My console (series s) get power but it doesn't make the start up noise and the screen stays black and then it cuts off by itself, it won't go into recovery mode either. What can I do?...