Xbox series x crashes to home screen when trying to start most games.

Discus and support Xbox series x crashes to home screen when trying to start most games. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; had this issue for months. tried power cycling and multiple console wipes and re setups. examples of games include. fortnite injustice 2, mk 11,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TommyBenn, Dec 10, 2023.

1. TommyBenn
    TommyBenn Guest

had this issue for months. tried power cycling and multiple console wipes and re setups. examples of games include. fortnite injustice 2, mk 11, remnant 2 and others. no eeror message, just game stops and goes back to home screen. but mortal kombat 1 works fine. could it be some weird problem with my account?

please, i did not buy an xbox series x to only be able to play 1 out of every 5 new games.

:)

TommyBenn, Dec 10, 2023
  2. TommyBenn Win User

tried the mac adress reset and deleting all local saves again. still the same. games will load up if i have the home button side bar up, but when i take it down and try to play they crash. no error message. just back to home screen. if you have any other suggestions i'm all ears.
  3. Courtney Todd Win User

Hello again TommyBenn,

If you have already tried all the steps I recommended above, and you still have the problem, I am afraid that I am not sure what would be causing the problem, so I am going to proceed to release your question so that another expert or member of the community can provide you with better help. Alright?

Best regards,
    Courtney.
  4. Courtney Todd Win User

It's okay Tommy,

Let me know anything, I will be attentive to continue helping you.
  5. Courtney Todd Win User

Hi TommyBenn, my name is Courtney and I would be happy to help.

I don't know the reason why this problem occurs to you, but with the intention of helping you, I did some searching on the internet and found the response of a user called WonsAuto who mentioned having contacted Support, and they told him some steps to try to solve said problem, so I would like to share them with you:

1. Go to Settings > System > Storage > Delete local saved games. This will restart your console, but continue.
    2. Go to Settings > General > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate MAC Address > Delete. This will also restart your console.
    3. If that still doesn't work, try performing an offline system update by following the steps here.

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/system-update-solution/offline-system-update

If none of the previous steps did not work, personally, I would recommend restoring your console keeping your games and applications. Keep in mind that this process will not delete anything from your console, but rather it will restore any corrupt files that are in the system, preventing them from being restored in good performance. Follow these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console information > Reset console.
    3. Select Reset and keep my games and apps. This will reset the operating system and remove all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps.

Part of the information obtained was from: https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/e7a5a49e-3409-45ad-869c-b959497b57b6

I hope this information has been useful to you.

Best regards,
    Courtney.
  6. TommyBenn Win User

i have tried all these steps before. they did not work. i will retry the mac adress because it is the only one i did not try yesterday. will get back to you later.
Thema:

1. Xbox series x crashes to home screen when trying to start most games. - Similar Threads - series crashes home

2. Custom Backgrounds on Xbox Series X Crash Game Pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Custom Backgrounds on Xbox Series X Crash Game Pass: Recently I have changed my background on my Xbox Series X to a custom image with a size of 4.75 mb. The max is 5 mb for a custom image to be you or background on Xbox. When launching Xbox game...
  3. Why does my xbox series x Green screen and then crash mid game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series x Green screen and then crash mid game?: Everytime i game my console freezes, hoes to a green screen and then crashes. Any idea why this is happening? It isn’t just one game it happens on call of duty & Fortnite. Started happening...
  4. Xbox Series X crashes and uninstalls games when trying to update them

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X crashes and uninstalls games when trying to update them: Sometimes when a game needs an update, the update will freeze. I'll watch it for upwards of 10 minutes before refreshing "my games and apps," which either works or puts me into a gray screen. If I...
  5. Xbox Series X Crash

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Crash: I was playing Halo Infinite in a custom game when the game completely froze and I was given a glitchy and pixelated frozen screen. I tried turning off the Xbox through the power button, but it...
  6. Gen Scarlett Games crashing to dashboard Xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gen Scarlett Games crashing to dashboard Xbox series x: Every Game with Scarlett app model on Xbox X on the System Crashes to Dashboard every 40 minutes. There are stutters at times at both 4k and 1080p. Older app models have no issue. It seems to be...
  7. Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...: I have spent over a year now dealing with this issue of my console shutting down mid game, and I have spoken with countless call center representatives from another country that has been very...
  8. YouTube crashes on Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    YouTube crashes on Xbox Series S: Hi all. Recently I got a series S and it's worked great, for the most part. Other issues aside, sometimes when I launch YouTube and click on a video, it will hang on a black screen, and then force...
  9. Destiny 2 inconsistently crashing on my series x and its peeing me off

in XboX Insiders
    Destiny 2 inconsistently crashing on my series x and its peeing me off: Destiny 2 keeps crashing on my xbox and sometimes outright shuts it down. There's no consistency as to when the game crashes and its just destiny 2, every other game runs perfectly and I have no...
  10. My Xbox series a keeps crashing and taking me back to the Home Screen. What do I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series a keeps crashing and taking me back to the Home Screen. What do I do?: I’ve had my Xbox series s for about 2 years now. Since 2 weeks ago all my games will crash and take me back to the Xbox Home Screen. This started shortly after I installed fortnite. I have hard...