Xbox series X, controllers keep disconecting

Discus and support Xbox series X, controllers keep disconecting in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, my controllers keep disconecting every few seconds. It started happening simultaneously a few months ago. The original controller and the one that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Richard Hakaj, Jun 17, 2024.

1. Xbox series X, controllers keep disconecting

Hi, my controllers keep disconecting every few seconds. It started happening simultaneously a few months ago. The original controller and the one that I bought later. I’ve tried everything. Updating the Xbox, the controllers, unpairing them and the pairing again, tried connecting them via cable to the Xbox, hard reset, I deleted the stuff from cache, reset the Xbox to factory settings. I am frustrated. If I’m not playing any game then it works fine, but if I start to play any game, it starts to disconnect after only a few seconds. There’s no interference from any other source. Nothing.

:)

Richard Hakaj, Jun 17, 2024
  2. dirtytamato Win User

Series x controller disconects

Thank you for your quick response! I have actually managed to recreate the issue and have found that it was the headphone jack not making a proper connection cause the pins were slightly bent. I took it apart and and bent the pins up so they get a better connection and so far it is working perfectly and I can't recreate the problem anymore. But if I do have more issues I will definitely revert the firmware. Thanks again!
  3. Ronnieee Win User

That is good to hear. So it was just the headset afterall. It thought it was the controller already because other controllers do not have issues. Anyway, thanks for the update and enjoy gaming!
  4. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help with your controller having some issues.

Try reverting the firmware of the controller to see if this can help:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

If that does not help after doing all the steps, I would already suggest sending the controller in for service.

You can check controller warranty and service options by registering it here:

https://account.microsoft.com/devices/
  5. Georges C. Win User

Xbox elite series 1 controller keeps on disconecting

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Fruty6450, the connection of the control may be affected by some home appliances such as cordless phones, microwave etc, but if in your set up has the console in sight without something blocking the bell between the console and the control it should not be disconnecting.

Try to reverse the firmware as indicated in the link below.

My Xbox controller has connection issues after the last update

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  6. Don8591 Win User

Xbox chat pad

I can't find one designed for series x controller. They are all for xbox one controller and don't fit series x controller properly.
Thema:

Xbox series X, controllers keep disconecting

1. Xbox series X, controllers keep disconecting - Similar Threads - series controllers keep

2. My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...: Xbox controller series s keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and it keeps happening over and over I thought it was my headset dongle so I moved it to the back to avoid any interference but still...
  3. Series x keeps saying lost connection with controller while I’m playing like every 20...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x keeps saying lost connection with controller while I’m playing like every 20...: Series x keeps saying lost connection with controller while I’m playing like every 20 minutes is there a flaw in the system? 9012cfd8-a38f-45d4-b974-c21901092b3e
  4. My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps blinking orange when not plugged in how do I fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps blinking orange when not plugged in how do I fix it: Xbox elite controller keeps blinking orange when not plugged in 97adfc5f-e45b-4f81-a5ab-d7826d75c20d
  5. Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series Controller keeps disconnecting: My Xbox elite series 2 controller keeps disconnecting. It was doing it on my like half year old Xbox series x, I got a new controller because I thought that was the issue then ended up getting a...
  6. Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...: My xbox serie s controller keep flashing only when I plug it without battery in the front usb port. 33960497-a9b4-4e58-accf-f100bc718934
  7. My Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting first the Controller, then the Internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting first the Controller, then the Internet.: Since a few Months now my Xbox disconnects first the Controller, and then the Internet. To reconnect, I have to Restart the Xbox. I tried another Controller, another Network, even playing with...
  8. My new xbox series x controller keeps on disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new xbox series x controller keeps on disconnecting: I got a new xbox core controller and connected it to my xbox one but it won't stay connected ad0fb639-1623-4ca9-a942-2a930f9e6332
  9. Xbox controllers keep disconnecting and reconnection on Series S

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox controllers keep disconnecting and reconnection on Series S: I recently got an Xbox Series S and my controllers (both new controller that came with the console, and my old Xbox one controller) have been randomly disconnecting and reconnecting, and my...
  10. Xbox Series X Controller Keeps disconnecting.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Controller Keeps disconnecting.: I’m in alpha updates and I’ve noticed while I was playing Dead Island 2, whenever I’d click the guide button the controller freezes, disconnects and then reconnects. Even my Xbox wireless headset...