Xbox Series X Controller not turning on and making buzzing noise

Discus and support Xbox Series X Controller not turning on and making buzzing noise in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My controller suddenly stopped working and won’t turn on. I tried: - using new batteries - plugging it directly to the console. - holding the power... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by bgjdkb, Aug 13, 2023.

1. bgjdkb
    bgjdkb Guest

My controller suddenly stopped working and won’t turn on.

I tried:

- using new batteries

- plugging it directly to the console.

- holding the power button for very long time (over 30 seconds both plugged in and on batteries)

When plugged in, there is a buzzing noise coming from the controller, but still it doesn’t power on.

The controller was bought new, around 6 months ago.

:)

bgjdkb, Aug 13, 2023
  2. bgjdkb Win User

Thanks for the reply, Melanie.

Is it normal for a controller to go dead in 6 months?

Unfortunately I am out of warranty since they only give 1 month. Such low warranty timeframe definitely raises suspicion.

Looks like my only option is to either pay for a repair or purchase a new one.

One more thing… I recently updated all my controllers with the latest firmware. After that I noticed that they started to lose connection randomly, but staying on and unresponsive, forcing me to take out the batteries to make it turn off and putting the batteries back after a while to use it again.

For this particular controller, it never came back on.

Could this somehow be related? And can I manually revert this firmware update?

Thanks.
  3. melanie brown2 Win User

hi. no definitely not normal for a controller to go dead in 6 months. ive had my controller for almost a year and never had any issues. it could be related to the firmware update to revert firmware- On your Xbox console, press the Xbox button  to open the guide, and then go to Profile & system > Xbox Support > Get help > Help topics > Hardware & networking > Controllers > My Xbox controller has connection issues after the last update. Select Check your controller's firmware to open the controller firmware reversion screen in the Xbox Accessories app, and then follow the instructions in the app.
  4. melanie brown2 Win User

5. Purple Wedge Win User

Xbox One DAY ONE Edition controller makes a buzzing/electric noise when rumble motors are in use

same as everyone here, when i press "X" to reload in Call of Duty Ghosts it vibrates and makes a buzzing noise (appears to be on the right hand side of the controller). I would appreciate it if someone from Xbox would comment as to whether or not it is game
    specific or it is a problem with the controller
  6. Frathos Win User

Help mee

You may just be hearing the rumble motor(s) that make the controller shake. To see if it is that, check the game settings for Vibration setting and turn it off then listen if the light buzzing noise goes away.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X Controller not turning on and making buzzing noise - Similar Threads - Series Controller turning

2. My Xbox series 2 controller won't charge or turn on yesterday it wasent charging and it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series 2 controller won't charge or turn on yesterday it wasent charging and it...: My Xbox series 2 controller won't charge or turn on yesterday it wasent charging and it died and not letting me turn it back on no matter how many cables I try wont even let me charge it again I...
  3. My Elite Series 2 controller keeps turning off and on... How do I fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Elite Series 2 controller keeps turning off and on... How do I fix it?: All the solutions ive found online dont work... When i plug it into my console it stays on but the console doesnt detect it... 22e307cf-6d65-4fa8-a6d5-974c2e4109a1
  4. When I turn on my Xbox series x my controller won’t sync and the Xbox doesn’t seem like...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I turn on my Xbox series x my controller won’t sync and the Xbox doesn’t seem like...: So when I turn on my Xbox series x the Xbox makes the startup sound but doesn’t actually boot up and when I attempt to connect my controller the light just flashes so I’ve tried manually syncing...
  5. Series X Boot Problem When Turned on via Controller Just After Plugging Power Cord in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Boot Problem When Turned on via Controller Just After Plugging Power Cord in: My brand new Series X has this strange behavior but I'm not sure if I should return it or even if this a problem I shall be worried about. On the other hand, I would rather return it now instead...
  6. XBox Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller only turning on when cable plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller only turning on when cable plugged in: Hi, I recently got an Elite Series 2 controller and am super happy about it, but something is totally wrong unfortunately. 1. The controller will only switch on when I plug the USB C cable in,...
  7. My elite series 2 controller won't charge or turn on even when plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    My elite series 2 controller won't charge or turn on even when plugged in: Noticed yesterday controller getting low on battery so I plugged it in this morning the controller is completely dead and won't charge 6348e174-872b-40c4-9344-0e26ef6af345
  8. Xbox Series One X Custom Controlled Turns On But Won’t Respond Otherwise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series One X Custom Controlled Turns On But Won’t Respond Otherwise: So like the title says I’ve got a custom controller for my Xbox Series One X and while the controller will turn on and off no other buttons respond besides the pairing button, I tried repairing it...
  9. My Elite Series 2 Core controller wont turn on. This has happened previously three times...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Elite Series 2 Core controller wont turn on. This has happened previously three times...: My Elite Series 2 Core controller wont turn on. This has happened previously three times and i managed to fix it by pure luck. I need help understanding why this happens and how to fix it...
  10. My Xbox series X controller won’t turn on and it has some ringing sound and I tried putting...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox series X controller won’t turn on and it has some ringing sound and I tried putting...: When I try to plug in my controller it won’t turn on and it has a ringing noise and I used fresh batteries and it still won’t work and if I plug in the same usb to another controller it works...