Xbox Series X controller huge input lag (0.5-1.0 SECONDS!)

Discus and support Xbox Series X controller huge input lag (0.5-1.0 SECONDS!) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, first i will explain my current problem with my Series X controller, and then i will describe the problems i had with it before using my new... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MLA800M, Dec 28, 2020.

1. MLA800M
    MLA800M Guest

Hi, first i will explain my current problem with my Series X controller, and then i will describe the problems i had with it before using my new wireless headset, because i think they are related. (Sorry for the long text but the more info i give, the sooner
    this can be fixed.)

When playing shooters, for example rainbow six: Siege, i am using the arctis 7X headset (connected via USB wireless dongle), (btw, it sounds amazing). After about 15 minutes of playing i start experiencing HUGE controller imput lag. About 0.5 to 1.0 SECONDS!!
    This makes playing the game impossible. Turning off the controller and turning it on again seems to fix it, only the problem keeps coming back after 1-3 minutes. (I think it always happens after not pressing a button for longer than 15 seconds, but im not
    100% sure)

The reason i bought my new headset is because when playing with a wired headset (connected to the mini jack port on the controller) i hear static and buzzing sounds unless the volume is at 100%, but even at 100% the sound is not great and i have this problem:
    after about 15 minutes of playing, the sound gets a little worse and my friends in the party say my voice starts sounding metallic, like a robot, and they also hear a lot of static when i talk. Restarting the controller fixes it, only the problem returns
    every 1-3 minutes (i think after not using the controller for more than 15 seconds)

see the similarities? (I did not experience the imput lag problem while using a wired headset btw)

i hoped spending money on a wirelless headset would avoid the audio problems. I have no audio/mic issues now but this imput lag makes playing FPS games completely impossible so it is actually much worse for me now..

By the way, when using a worn old xbox one controller there is no problem at all! No static, no robot voice and no input lag when using a wireless headset. Wired headsets also sound much better on xbox one controllers.

I also used my series x controller without headset (using tv audio) for about 10 hours and did not experience any of the problems mentioned before. (But i was playing Valhalla and was not in a party)

Has anyone else had this problem? Do you think it is a software problem or faulty hardware in the controller?

this series x controller already is a replacement for the one i got with the console (that one had even worse audio problems and a faulty mini jack). Should i get this one replaced as well? (Impossible for now, the store is closed untill the end of januari
    because of the lockdown here in the Netherlands)

Microsoft, please help me fix this or please patch this with an update.

:)

MLA800M, Dec 28, 2020
  2. JerryCooper97 Win User

Xbox One S Controller poor response via Bluetooth on PC

im not sure if it's an issue with my controller aging or my new Motherboard's Integrated Bluetooth (MSI MPG x570 Gaming Edge Wifi) that has been causing issues with the response with bluetooth. It takes forever for the controller to connect to my PC, but
    when it does connect it either works fine for 5 minutes then has extreme input lag, or it cancels the pairing and I have to reconnect, thus looping to the input lag issue.

now the response issue I'm referring to is that the controller has massive lag in responding to my input or missing my input entirely. an example is me playing Battlefield V and my right stick response is either nothing or a delayed response (0.5 - 2 seconds)
    then the camera will pan almost 180 degrees. same thing happens to the ABXY buttons, left stick, and triggers.

I need help in figuring out if I need to buy a new controller or if I should ditch the controller completely.

Thanks.
    Even i have bluetooth issue with the same Mobo. Signal is veryy weak.
  3. XBF Zineb F Win User

Xbox Series X controller input lag

Since you've already gone through the troubleshooting steps and the controller is only 2 days old you have two option. You can either check with the retailer for a possible exchange/refund, or get in touch with the customer support for further assistance. If you happened to purchase the game from the Microsoft store then you will need to get in touch with the online team and they'll take in charge.

If you happened to go with the online team option you can access Contact us | Xbox Support, follow the instructions after clicking on the green button "Contact us" and choose to get help either from an online chat agent or request a callback. Make sure the region on the support website is set to your correct region in order not to find issues with the steps.
  4. LukeMQ Win User

On Xbox Series X when some games like Doom Eternal, Crash Bandicoot 4, Psychonauts 2, Tales of Arise and Visage are launched (only Xbox Series X enhanced games and not all of them) any Xbox Series X controller incur in an input issue, with battery and with USB cable without battery: if any key or trigger is pressed rapidly it doesn't work, a sort of input lag. The issue persist in any dashboard menu, then if I turn off and turn on the controller again the problem disappear until I return to the game in background that caused the issue. Any Xbox One X controller works perfectly instead. Both Xbox Series X and Xbox Series X controller are update with the latest update. I noticed that when the issue start the usual buzzing noise of the controller change sound, a lower sound. If I plug any headphone with or without microphone in the Xbox Series X controller the commands are more responsive but the problem remains. I reported more and more times this problem to Microsoft since 3 months but still there isn't an update that resolve this issue with my great disappointment. I think this issue started since about 4 months after a system update, and I think the problem is the same of yours. Can you confirm this?
  5. Roosevelt AlexanderG Win User

Not yet, still looking for a solution.
  6. Roosevelt AlexanderG Win User

Totally agree with you, I wasn’t expecting this. They fixed the issue a little bit with the last controller firmware update, it improved around a 30-40% in my opinion. For some reason the controller works better with them default profile, I created a controller profile with no vibration ( I thought no vibration would help) but that didn’t helped the cause. Still looking forward for a solution.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X controller huge input lag (0.5-1.0 SECONDS!) - Similar Threads - Series controller huge

2. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  3. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC: Hello, my Xbox Series X Wireless Controller recently started only charging up to 15% when I plug it into my PC. I do not own an actual console to troubleshoot on there. Additionally, the...
  4. Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?: The controller I have is the stock controller that came with my Xbox series x console. I've had it for about two years now and I haven't had any issues with it until a week ago. The vibration...
  5. I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...: I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso Because I spilled water on it and I forgot to put the service request number on the outside of the box, it’s a little pinkish box and ups says it...
  6. Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?: I have bought my Xbox Series X a few months after it dropped… ive been through atleast 7 controllers and they are not cheap. My new pink one (which i LOVE just started with stick drift. It takes...
  7. My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...: Xbox controller series s keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and it keeps happening over and over I thought it was my headset dongle so I moved it to the back to avoid any interference but still...
  8. Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.: Tried Bluetooth/paring and restarting...no other blue tooth devices are connected. Watched YouTube videos for Windows 11 - stuck! f992ffe4-060c-4ad7-ab2a-15d035d0f139
  9. Xbox series controller analog problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series controller analog problem: Today my Xbox Series controller started having problems, in the game (Halo Infinite) is just spinning around, I checked it in the "Game controller" properties of Windows, I attach an image of the...
  10. Xbox series X, controllers keep disconecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X, controllers keep disconecting: Hi, my controllers keep disconecting every few seconds. It started happening simultaneously a few months ago. The original controller and the one that I bought later. I’ve tried everything....