Xbox Series X Controller for PC (Analogue stick scraping the edge of the chassis)

Discus and support Xbox Series X Controller for PC (Analogue stick scraping the edge of the chassis) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; A brand new Xbox Series X Robot White Controller for PC. The analogue sticks scrape against the edge of the plastic bevel when rotating them fully. It... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gee Shand, Nov 6, 2023.

1. Gee Shand
    Gee Shand Guest

Xbox Series X Controller for PC (Analogue stick scraping the edge of the chassis)

A brand new Xbox Series X Robot White Controller for PC.

The analogue sticks scrape against the edge of the plastic bevel when rotating them fully. It happens more poignantly at around 9'o'clock on the right analogue stick.

A grinding, rough sensation, is this "normal" in these controllers?

I have an Xbox 1 controller, an Xbox 360 controller, and neither of these has analogue sticks that grind against the plastic. The sticks are free floating and don't make contact with the edges.

Thanks

:)

Gee Shand, Nov 6, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Gee Shand,

Thank you for your prompt response and providing the necessary details.

The analogue stick when move can create noise since that is design for mechanical movement but having a grinding or scraping noise could be possibly a manufacturing defect but honestly it is hard for me to figure it out if it is already abnormal. If you have a friend with the same controller, you can compare it. That is one way to determine abnormalities of the product. If you feel that there is abnormality, you can contact directly the retailer for replacement. Make sure to notify the retailer right away if you decided to ask for replacement.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Sincerely,

3. Gee Shand Win User

1. Amazon UK, 4th November 2023

2. Here is a front picture

Can you please tell me how common the "fault" is that the analogue sticks will grind/scrape against the outer rim of the edge/bevel? People on reddit have said this is "normal"? Does that mean this is a high percentage fault issue? Thanks
    [​IMG]
  4. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Gee Shand,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that the grinding and sensation you are feeling when rotating the analogue sticks fully is not normal. It's possible that there may be a manufacturing defect with the controller. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

We would like to ask few questions to help us isolate the issue further.

1. Can you provide us the information on where did you purchase the Xbox controller?

2. Can you provide us a picture of your Xbox controller?

For the meantime, here are the things that we can do:

• If you purchased an Xbox accessory within the last 30 days, you can return it to the retailer with your original proof of purchase.
    • If you purchased the accessory more than 30 days ago, but within the accessory warranty period, you can order a replacement accessory from Device services (console registration is required). Follow the onscreen prompts to place an order. You can find the steps provided in this link: Getting your Xbox device serviced | Xbox Support

Additionally, you can check the warranty of your Xbox Controller by signing in through the link provided in this link: Request an Xbox controller replacement | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

5. II M0Z II Win User

makes no sence and its annoying

As above try cleaning, I used to have an issue where by I would be aiming at the sky in games as my left analogue stick was dusty.

Quick once over with a wet wipe end a needle to scrape round the edges and now good as new.
  6. Tomm_A Win User

How to invert the X Axis on the Right Analogue Stick on Xbox Series X?

Hello Aptom,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that your query is related to inverting the X axis on the right analogue stick on Xbox Series X. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

To invert the X Axis on the Right Analogue Stick on Xbox Series X, follow these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

2. Select "Profile & system" from the guide.

3. Select "Settings" from the Profile & system menu.

4. Select "Ease of Access" from the Settings menu.

5. Select "Controller" from the Ease of Access menu.

6. Select "Button mapping" from the Controller menu.

7. Select "Invert right stick X axis" from the Button mapping menu.

8. Toggle the switch to "On" to invert the X axis on the right analogue stick.

If the steps do not work, try the step below:

To invert the X axis on the right analogue stick on Xbox Series X, you need to use the Xbox Accessories app. This app allows you to customize your controller settings, such as swapping sticks, triggers, buttons, and inverting axes.

Here are the steps to invert the X axis on the right analogue stick:

• Launch the Xbox Accessories app from your Xbox Series X dashboard or download it from the Microsoft Store if you don’t have it already.
    • Select the controller that you want to customize and press the Menu button on your controller.
    • Select Configure and then choose a slot to save your custom profile.
    • Select the right stick and press the A button on your controller.
    • Select Invert X-axis and press the A button again to confirm.
    • Press the B button to go back to the previous screen and then select Save to apply your changes.
    You can also rename your custom profile and assign it to a specific game if you want. Your custom profile will be applied to all games that you play with that controller, unless you switch to another profile or the default one.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Thema:

1. Xbox Series X Controller for PC (Analogue stick scraping the edge of the chassis) - Similar Threads - Series Controller Analogue

2. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  3. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC: Hello, my Xbox Series X Wireless Controller recently started only charging up to 15% when I plug it into my PC. I do not own an actual console to troubleshoot on there. Additionally, the...
  4. Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?: The controller I have is the stock controller that came with my Xbox series x console. I've had it for about two years now and I haven't had any issues with it until a week ago. The vibration...
  5. I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...: I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso Because I spilled water on it and I forgot to put the service request number on the outside of the box, it’s a little pinkish box and ups says it...
  6. Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?: I have bought my Xbox Series X a few months after it dropped… ive been through atleast 7 controllers and they are not cheap. My new pink one (which i LOVE just started with stick drift. It takes...
  7. My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...: Xbox controller series s keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and it keeps happening over and over I thought it was my headset dongle so I moved it to the back to avoid any interference but still...
  8. Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.: Tried Bluetooth/paring and restarting...no other blue tooth devices are connected. Watched YouTube videos for Windows 11 - stuck! f992ffe4-060c-4ad7-ab2a-15d035d0f139
  9. Xbox series controller analog problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series controller analog problem: Today my Xbox Series controller started having problems, in the game (Halo Infinite) is just spinning around, I checked it in the "Game controller" properties of Windows, I attach an image of the...
  10. xBox Series S Analogue drift problem and controller not updating

in XBoX on Consoles
    xBox Series S Analogue drift problem and controller not updating: I am trying to update my controller, its not updating (xbox series s), it frequently fails. Any one know how to manage through. Also these days i m getting analogue drift problem. Please suggest...