Xbox Series X controller faulty but no warranty issue?

Discus and support Xbox Series X controller faulty but no warranty issue? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I purchased an Xbox Series X console last October, the controller that came with the console is now faulty so I'm trying to arrange a repair but its... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bradd O, Jun 29, 2023.

1. Bradd O
    Bradd O Guest

I purchased an Xbox Series X console last October, the controller that came with the console is now faulty so I'm trying to arrange a repair but its states that the controller has ran out of warranty? I cannot go any further with the repair option so am now stuck as to what to do?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

:)

Bradd O, Jun 29, 2023
  2. Janet_C Win User

Hello!

I'm an independent advisor and a member of the Xbox Community just like you.

I will be glad to help you.

The guarantee of a control and a console are independent even though they are included in the same package. In some regions the warranty on accessories such as controls is only 90 days, you can check the warranty period applicable to your country on this website

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/warra...

I hope the information has been clear, I will be attentive to any questions you may have.

Best Regards.
  3. Legojoey1234 Win User

Elite Series 2

There have been many issues with the Original Xbox Elite Controller Series 2. Peeling grips, sticky "A" button, and faulty bumper buttons were among the common issues at launch. Microsoft appears to have fixed the issues with the Series 2.

If your controller is under warranty, then repairs are free. If your controller is out of warranty, then you'll be charged a repair fee.

Check your warranty status here: https://account.microsoft.com/devices/select-device-for-repair
  4. The_Last_DJ Win User

Faulty XBOX Series X Controller & out of warranty issue

Hello ThapeloM! I'm Kris and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

Where did you get the console from? Was is brand new? If so, you can update warranty updated by showing Xbox Support proof of purchase.

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us
  5. obamasucks117 Win User

Xbox Elite Series 2 bumper issues.

This is a Series 2 controller and has the same faulty bumpers and buttons as the Series 1. I was hoping that Microsoft was giving loyal customers a break and extending the warranty periods out to cover these common issues on the Series 2 $180 isn't exactly
    cheap.
  6. BillSalouf1 Win User

Xbox Elite 2 controller warranty issues.

I bought Xbox Wireless Elite Series 2 Controller, Here in EU (Greece) all controllers have 1 year warranty and the Series X/S consoles 2 years.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X controller faulty but no warranty issue? - Similar Threads - Series controller faulty

2. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  3. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC: Hello, my Xbox Series X Wireless Controller recently started only charging up to 15% when I plug it into my PC. I do not own an actual console to troubleshoot on there. Additionally, the...
  4. Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?: The controller I have is the stock controller that came with my Xbox series x console. I've had it for about two years now and I haven't had any issues with it until a week ago. The vibration...
  5. I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...: I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso Because I spilled water on it and I forgot to put the service request number on the outside of the box, it’s a little pinkish box and ups says it...
  6. Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?: I have bought my Xbox Series X a few months after it dropped… ive been through atleast 7 controllers and they are not cheap. My new pink one (which i LOVE just started with stick drift. It takes...
  7. Can my Xbox Series S controller be replaced if it came out of the box faulty/broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my Xbox Series S controller be replaced if it came out of the box faulty/broken: I want to know if it's too late to replace it, sense it came faulty It was paid for and I wasn't expecting it to have broken analog sticks, hope it can be replaced it's the only controller. I...
  8. Faulty XBOX Series X Controller & out of warranty issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Faulty XBOX Series X Controller & out of warranty issue: I bought Xbox Series X on the 11th September 2023, i.e 5 days ago. The controller that came with the XBOX is faulty, everytime I press the X-button, it gets stuck. I then registered the device...
  9. Elite Series 2 controller repaired in warranty with faulty LB and connectivity issues, now...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 controller repaired in warranty with faulty LB and connectivity issues, now...: I purchased an Elite Series 2 Controller via Microsoft and it was great for the first ~6 months. However, I started to notice play in the LB when downshifting in whatever F1 game was out at the...
  10. I have a Xbox elite controller series 2 that is faulty

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox elite controller series 2 that is faulty: My Xbox series 2 elite controller has a problem with stick drift in the left stick. My warranty finished before even the lawsuit started so I would like to know how the lawsuit applies to me. I...