Xbox Series X connection suddenly slow out of no where

Discus and support Xbox Series X connection suddenly slow out of no where in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So my connection has been good for as long as I remember until a week ago everytime I play call of duty or something I have so much packet loss and the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Timor Omar, Dec 2, 2023.

1. Timor Omar
    Timor Omar Guest

So my connection has been good for as long as I remember until a week ago everytime I play call of duty or something I have so much packet loss and the game is unplayable. When I go to the network settings and test the multiplayer connection it shows as follows:

Latency: below 100ms
    Packet loss: 0%
    Upload speed: at least 25mbps
    Download Speed: at least 25mbps
    Nat Type: Open

This is what annoys me because it shows that this is how it’s performing but it’s not. So I’m confused as to where this came from. I didn’t make any change to my router or anything. Someone please help!

:)

Timor Omar, Dec 2, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Timor,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're experiencing slow connection issues with your Xbox Series X. Since this issue happens on Call of Duty, we would like to confirm this:

• Is this the only game you encounter issue with?
    • Do you have issues with other multiplayer games?

Here are some troubleshooting steps that you can try:

1. Restart your Xbox Series X and your router. Sometimes, a simple restart can fix the issue.

2. Check for any firmware updates for your router and install them if available.

3. Try connecting your Xbox Series X directly to your router using an Ethernet cable instead of using Wi-Fi. This can help improve your connection speed and reduce packet loss.

4. Disconnect other devices. Check if there are any other devices (like PC or mobile device) on your network that are using a lot of bandwidth. If so, try disconnecting them temporarily to see if it improves your Xbox Series X connection.

Lastly, contact your internet service provider to see if there are any known issues in your area that could be affecting your connection.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com).

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. ngocphi Win User

Slow Xbox one x (Not Series Console)

Fyi series consoles are just xboxes series x or s

Not xbox one series

Just to reduce the confusion

You gotta remember people mistake xbox one x for a series x when it comes to requirements for example flight simulator

With xbox one games they don't have a listing for s or x they are all compatible

Where series s or x just means digital or disk

Disk games don't work with series s or one s digital edition

Back to your problem.

Are you using an external hdd ?

Also when it slows down again is it because you are filling up your hdd?

As space becomes less computers do slow down

It would be better to get an external drive and put infrequent games on there so you don't too much things on your internal drive
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Hello, my question is what's all the ssd expansion card I can use for xbox series x. Thanks

Only the Seagate Expansion and the WD Black C50 work for Series X|S games. All other SSD's can only be connected via the USB port and they are too slow for Series X|S games
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Choosing a hardrrive

Fair enough, a slow internet connection is as good excuse as any.

Be aware however that while that drive will work on Series X, you won't be able to play Series X games directly from it. Series X games will require faster access and read speeds. My understanding is that the Series X games can be 'backed up' on an external
    drive and then need to copied/moved over to either the internal SSD or the External SSD's that will be available for the machine.

The Series X will read and play Xbox One games from an external drive though.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X connection suddenly slow out of no where - Similar Threads - Series connection suddenly

2. Series S connection issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S connection issue: Every day after I get off work and come home and try to load up my Xbox it says that it is not connected to the Wi-Fi. I proceeded to type in the password for the Wi-Fi and get prompted with “...
  3. I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...: Won't connect after I just bought it and I have already done the basics, could it not be getting enough power? a1ef56d7-a2ae-434d-abab-b74dac6e2515
  4. Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.: Tried Bluetooth/paring and restarting...no other blue tooth devices are connected. Watched YouTube videos for Windows 11 - stuck! f992ffe4-060c-4ad7-ab2a-15d035d0f139
  5. My xbox series x does not connect to the Internet at all. No wireless networks appear on it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x does not connect to the Internet at all. No wireless networks appear on it: The Internet works fine on everything else. ead1a9fe-d0af-4431-9005-424964e655e8
  6. Samsung HW-S60B soundbar connected to earc on Samsung qn90b with xbox series x dolby atmos...

in XboX Insiders
    Samsung HW-S60B soundbar connected to earc on Samsung qn90b with xbox series x dolby atmos...: If i just use the tv volume the dolby atmos works perfectly. As soon as i engage qsymphony, the awful audio lag comes back. Even when sound only goes thru soundbar.. same audio LAG is there. I’ve...
  7. Series X console sync going off while controller is connected and without the sync button...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X console sync going off while controller is connected and without the sync button...: Everyone knows when you press the sync button makes the console flash as to show its ready for pairing but my controller is already paired and im not pressing the sync button yet its still going...
  8. My xbox controller suddenly lost connection with the xbox series x console

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox controller suddenly lost connection with the xbox series x console: At some point, when I tried to turn on the console using the controller, as usual, I noticed that the console would not turn on, and the xbox indicator on the controller began to blink slowly. I...
  9. My Microsoft X-box Series S suddenly stopped connecting to our home wifi network. Help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Microsoft X-box Series S suddenly stopped connecting to our home wifi network. Help?: Our home wifi seems to work with phones, laptops, etc...but it just stopped allowing my X-Box Series S to connect. Cannot figure out way and have tried all the steps I can find recommended....
  10. Why has my series x suddenly slowed down with network connection?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why has my series x suddenly slowed down with network connection?: I’ll try to keep it short. I have a series x and I run it on xfinity 1200mb plan. Up until a week ago I was running smoothly with 15-18 ping on wireless. Suddenly I can’t play any games because my...