XBOX Series X CEC Partially not working

Discus and support XBOX Series X CEC Partially not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently purchased an XBOX series X. I never had issues with HDMI CEC with any of my other devices from other manufacturers, they turn the television... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by 打つ, Feb 23, 2024.

1. 打つ
    打つ Guest

I recently purchased an XBOX series X. I never had issues with HDMI CEC with any of my other devices from other manufacturers, they turn the television on and off when they need to. However, the XBOX Series X does not turn the TV on. It only turns it off. It is connected with the original cable that came with the system and the TV recognizes the XBOX in it's configuration menu. The TV supports being turned on automatically as it turns on with other gaming systems and never has had an issue with that. But the XBOX Series X does not turn the television on. After unplugging the XBOX and turning the system on, it does power on the TV, once. After that, the system does not turn the TV on again.
    I've searched online and I've noticed many other users are experiencing this issue for months with no sign of it being fixed. CEC is a feature present on systems and TVs since 2006, it is a basic quality of life feature and an expensive system such as a Series X should be able to handle it without issue.
    Is the XBOX team aware of this issue and are they working on a patch to fix this problem soon?

:)

打つ, Feb 23, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hello 打つ,

I will keep looking for a possible fix and will update the post if I find something new.

I tested the steps you mentioned in this last message with my TV.

I have an LG C3 OLED, it does the same thing.
  3. 打つ Win User

Hello Rodrigo, I have tried both energy saving and the suspend options.

Apparently this happens when you turn the system remotely by pressing the Guide button on the controller. Sometimes (not all) when you turn the system by pressing the power button on the console itself, CEC kicks in and the TV turns on. Also, resetting CEC in the settings (disabling, restarting, enabling cec and restarting) makes the Series X turn the TV, which makes me think it's not related to the TV CEC configuration, or a hardware or cable failure, since it only fails when turning the system from the controller I think it can be assumed that the problem is on the software side.

I will check the reddit, though I don't use reddit myself, for more help, thanks for the resource. I will be waiting for more responses and hopefully by me making noise here someone at microsoft notices there's a bug with CEC in their high end videogame console.

Cheers
  4. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi 打つ, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Which Power mode are you using the console?

Have you tried to switch the Energy mode to Shut Down (Power Saving)?

Please, follow these steps:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Power options.

Select the Shutdown (energy saving) option.

Another thing you can do is report this issue on the Xbox Insiders Reddit Forums*.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1asfhxk/xbox_requests_week_of_february_16th_2024/

It's the fastest way to have your request heard.

I hope this helps.

*Note: This is a non-Microsoft website.

The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information.

Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).

Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Xbox one won't turn on my insiginia tv when I turn the console on

Hi TexasMaster9351! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

HDMI-CEC is supported only on Xbox One X, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Series X. You must also enable HDMI-CEC on your TV.

Xbox Series X|S consoles can use an HDMI feature called Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) to send commands to and from CEC-enabled devices (such as TVs and AVRs) that are connected to the console.

This feature can be turned on and off via the TV & A/V power options settings screen. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide, then go to Profile & system > Settings > General > Sleep mode & startup > TV & A/V power options.
  6. CPT RAVE Win User

XBOX Series X Audio intermittent with A/V receiver

Update, I disabled eARC and HDMI ON to OFF on the Denon receiver. And on the TV, I also disabled eARC. On the Xbox series X I disabled CEC and ever since then I haven't had an issue with the audio. I did notice when I enabled CEC on the Xbox, and choosing Dolby Atmos I lost audio intermittently, so I just left CEC off. Unfortunately I have to use 3 controllers to turn everything on now. Now I can choose different audio formats with no audio loss.
Thema:

1. XBOX Series X CEC Partially not working - Similar Threads - Series CEC Partially

2. Series X disconnects from WiFi every 5-10 minutes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X disconnects from WiFi every 5-10 minutes: Hi I’m having a problem with my Xbox series x. Every 5-10 minutes my internet disconnects and then reconnects instantly but it’s just enough time for me to get kicked out of whatever online game...
  3. Series X randomly Shut off. Said it overheated, but wasn't hot.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X randomly Shut off. Said it overheated, but wasn't hot.: Playing DayZ. Twice in a row, about an hour into playing it randomly went straight to black. Thought it hard crashed and pushed me to the menu. But no. Right off. Turned it back on, got the...
  4. 22TB External Drive Xbox Series X ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    22TB External Drive Xbox Series X ?: Hey, i hope you are doing well I have few external drive, and i want to ask if it's possible to use them as external drive with xbox series X or they will not work ? or there is a limite ? what...
  5. HDMI CEC issues on my Xbox Series S :(

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI CEC issues on my Xbox Series S :(: The HDMI CEC works fine when my Xbox controls the volume, but my Samsung TV remote doesn't work on my Xbox any help? submitted by /u/Accurate-Ferret-6108 [link] [comments]
  6. HDMI-CEC volume feature not working with xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI-CEC volume feature not working with xbox series s: Hello the HDMI-CEC feature does not work with the tv volume. I have turned it the HDMI-CEC setting on both my xbox AND Television, restarted both, unplugged the hdmi but still not working. Ive...
  7. XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC: my XBox Series X don't control my TV HDMI-CEC, when I had the XBox One it did control my tv but now I got a XBox Series X it does not control my tv dfd5ce60-54aa-4fb2-9552-f74e76872e1c
  8. CEC Issue - Xbox Series X switches inputs on certain apps

in XboX Insiders
    CEC Issue - Xbox Series X switches inputs on certain apps: Hello everyone, I'm encountering a very annoying issues that I can't seemingly fix. My setup is as follows: Xbox > AV Receiver > Sony Projector When I navigate to certain applications (Disney,...
  9. Annoying Series S HDMI-CEC issues with input switching..

in XBoX on Consoles
    Annoying Series S HDMI-CEC issues with input switching..: So I have CEC enabled for turning on other devices when I turn the Series S on, so this will turn on my AVR and TV and I'm good to go. I also have it ticked to shutdown Series S when I turn the TV...
  10. Xbox Series X is using the same CEC address of AppleTV 4K on LG OLED C7

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X is using the same CEC address of AppleTV 4K on LG OLED C7: I recently reported this problem since I've narrowed it down to being an Xbox CEC issue, has anyone else encountered this with a similar setup? I have an Xbox Series X and AppleTV 4K Connected to...