Xbox Series X ceases to function correctly when downloading

Discus and support Xbox Series X ceases to function correctly when downloading in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox Series X basically stops working properly whenever I attempt to download anything. When I purchase games from the store and hit "Install,"... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MattG-88, Sep 30, 2023.

1. MattG-88
    MattG-88 Guest

My Xbox Series X basically stops working properly whenever I attempt to download anything.

When I purchase games from the store and hit "Install," nothing happens. I then have to go into the game card via the Games & Apps screen, hit "Install" several times before it finally appears in my download queue, and then I'll usually have to restart the console at least once or twice before the download becomes active.

Once I'm finally able to get something in the downloading state, it will usually just sit there at a low percentage indefinitely, looking inactive until the download is complete. Downloads will often pause themselves several dozen times in the course of trying to download a game (ie. currently I have a download stuck on "Installing" at 0.1% and it hasn't budged in 2+ hours - the game is under 2GB and I have a 50mbp/s internet connection - and that was after a good 10+ times of having to hit "Resume Installation" because it keeps suspending).

More frustratingly, whenever I have anything active in my download queue, I am unable to use any other games or apps - they will all just completely freeze and fail to open.

This has happened ever since I purchased the Series X a few months ago. I have also tried a factory reset on the console multiple times now but it continues to happen with ALL of my downloads. I have tried both wireless and ethernet connections - the same thing happens on both. And this does not appear to be an issue with my internet connection as my other devices work fine (also worth noting I never had this problem with my Xbox One).

:)

MattG-88, Sep 30, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello MattG-88,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I can see that you have performed troubleshooting steps to the point that you have already performed a factory reset on the console. At this point, I kindly request that you contact the live support team, who are better equipped to handle your case, You can reach them by following the steps below. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the list.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you encounter same issue and have an error message please let us know so we can forward your findings to the Internal Support Team.
  3. BusGod Win User

XBOX One Controller "Low Battery" Warning

It should have stopped vibrating first. The vibration function will cease when the batteries are low
  4. SpeckledEagle Win User

Xbox one kinect (i have small room)

You don't lose your games or anything. Your Xbox just ceases to function. It's basically a brick.
  5. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Pre download Xbox Series X games

Not really...

Xbox Series X games / upgrades / updates has to be installed onto the Series X internal or expansion card SSD,

You can have Xbox One games on your external hard drive that will get an Series X upgrade but the games will need to be transferred to the Series X and then the Series X upgrade will need to be downloaded onto the Series X SSD,

As an example...

I have Marvel Avengers on my external hard drive that will get the Series X upgrade and I will transfer the game over to the Series X SSD ready to download and update the game to the Series X version when available.
  6. Karol_U Win User

Xbox Series X - I can no longer turn off hdmi audio since installing the september update

Exact same problem with my xbox series x. It's unnecessary to take away functions that worked fine when we bought new console. Please, let this be fixed fast.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X ceases to function correctly when downloading - Similar Threads - Series ceases function

2. If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?: If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever? 633f1604-25c1-4c0e-91b3-038884d6a47e
  3. Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light: I recently tried connecting my Xbox series S to a acer k272hl and every time I connect the cable it says NO SIGNAL, then the light goes yellow. Then it just repeats forever. I tried three...
  4. Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?: Recently bought a Razer Blackshark v2 X usb mic for my Xbox. Didn’t realise it was usb until after I had bought it. I was wondering if there is any possibility at all that I can use it with my...
  5. Friends List on Xbox Series S never being properly up-to-date

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends List on Xbox Series S never being properly up-to-date: My friends list on my Series S is never properly up-to-date unless I do a console restart. Whenever I turn it on and see what my friends are doing, it'll say (for example: Playing Minecraft...
  6. MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled: Hello, Xbox series S, my in game chat for MW3 is not working (when the game loads, where the names normally pop up when someone is talking, its says (chat disabled), during pre-game in works,...
  7. Xbox series S|X console FPS

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series S|X console FPS: Hello guys.. does anyone know how to display live FPS stats when gaming on xbox consoles? (if that's possible ofc) Thanks in advance submitted by /u/BillCipher96 [link] [comments]
  8. Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?: I had a Target order for a Series X that arrived last week. One of the pieces of security tape looked messed with a bit and had some finger prints under the tape, so I returned it for a new one...
  9. Launch Xbox Series X shutting off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Launch Xbox Series X shutting off: I have the launch Xbox series x , over the last few months the console will just randomly shut off during online game play. Doesn’t do in menus or on Home Screen, only when playing a game....
  10. Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity

in XboX Insiders
    Elite series 2 issues with sensitivity: For some reason my elite series 2 controller randomly has its inputs become sensitive. For example if I try to move over 1 app it moves over 2 or 3 if does this with the sticks and d pad. Parts of...