Xbox Series X capture does not record my voice (Sept 2023)

Discus and support Xbox Series X capture does not record my voice (Sept 2023) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to record clips of Starfield with my voice commentary being recorded but it does not appear to work. The video is recording fine, the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by OGCryptor, Sep 11, 2023.

1. OGCryptor
    OGCryptor Guest

I am trying to record clips of Starfield with my voice commentary being recorded but it does not appear to work. The video is recording fine, the in-game audio is recording fine, but my voice is not recording at all for some reason. I read up on everything I could online and took the following steps:

- I lowered recording quality to 720p, no change

- I tried recording while in Xbox party and while not in xbox party, no change

- I made sure to set chat output to "Headset & Speakers", no change

- Changed audio format to stereo uncompressed, no change

- Run the Audio setup tool, no change

I have not seen any solutions to this. A lot of people online reference menu options that clearly were available on older console models but are no longer there on Series X. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you!

:)

OGCryptor, Sep 11, 2023
  2. Cristiana_C Win User

Hello, OGCryptor!

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble recording your voice with your Xbox Series X. It seems like you’ve already tried a lot of troubleshooting steps.

As of now, the Xbox Series X does not have a built-in feature to record voice commentary over gameplay using the console’s capture system. This is a limitation of the current system and not something you’re doing wrong.

The options you mentioned were indeed available on older console models but are no longer present on the Series X.

If you want to include your voice in your gameplay recordings, you might need to consider using external hardware or software. For example, you could use a PC with capture software that can record both gameplay and commentary, or a dedicated game capture device.

I hope this helps clarify the situation. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

Cristiana
  3. Cristiana_C Win User

I'm sorry for the disappointment. You can leave Feedback on your Xbox about this situation.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Cristiana
  4. OGCryptor Win User

That is super disappointing :( I unfortunately do not own a PC, which would have done wonders for my streaming and recording. perhaps one day.
  5. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

How do you enable game and party chat in captures in the xbox siries S

Hi ThemisTK, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

The Xbox Series S uses the same system as the Xbox Series X, but, voice recording in video capture is not an enabled feature due to privacy concerns.

I hope this helps.
  6. RezidentMeme Win User

WTF... Game Clip voice recording - Why is this not possible?

When I record a game clip on the Xbox One X my voice is not recorded even though all my mic settings are set to on. I'm totally confounded as to why this is so, since my mic is working with other apps and game chat. Supposedly this feature is built into
    the Xbox One X capture system.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X capture does not record my voice (Sept 2023) - Similar Threads - Series capture does

2. Xbox Series X Capture not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Capture not working: Since about 10pm ET last night I am unable to capture gameplay on my series x. It was working prior to that. When I hit the button I have mapped nothing happens. I tested the button to make sure...
  3. Xbox series X Capture to External Drive Issues

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X Capture to External Drive Issues: The April update introduced an issue that causes captures to an external drive to stop working. I have to set captures to internal and restart the Xbox. Occasionally, that doesn't work and I also...
  4. Xbox Series X Captures corrupted

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Series X Captures corrupted: Hi all, Since the recent update I have been unable to consistently capture recordings on my external hard drive. The only method that works is to power cycle my xbox and then plug the drive back...
  5. Xbox series X not capturing clips

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X not capturing clips: My Xbox series X isn't capturing clips any more, it started a couple weeks ago and won't record any video no matter what I try. I looked throughout all the settings and everything is set to where...
  6. Recording With USB On Xbox Series S Doesn't Work Properly, Corruption, No Recent Captures...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recording With USB On Xbox Series S Doesn't Work Properly, Corruption, No Recent Captures...: This is preventing me from capturing necessary footage & I beg you guys to work on this as soon as possible. When Recording with a USB or sometimes even normal recording, if you press stop button...
  7. Problem capturing gameplay in the new update - Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Problem capturing gameplay in the new update - Series X: Hey guys! A few weeks ago I was part of the Insider program, I was in the Omega ring (OS Version 10.0.25398.4086), and my Xbox started having problems recording, I simply couldn't start...
  8. Xbox Series X captures that are on Cloud

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X captures that are on Cloud: How does one view xbox Series X cloud captures on a PC if they were taken on an xbox instead of a PC. Since they are cloud saves it shouldnt matter since I can view them on the mobile app. I...
  9. Why is xbox series x deleting my captured videos after 1 day!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is xbox series x deleting my captured videos after 1 day!?: I just brought a new series x, and have been taking captures the last 5 days. Ive capture over 300 videos and screenshots but I only see 77. I have looked everywhere. why are my videos after 24...
  10. Game audio not picking up on captures through xbox series s

in XboX Insiders
    Game audio not picking up on captures through xbox series s: so when i save a clip on my xbox i can hear game audio but not game chat? how do i fix it? submitted by /u/Mindless-Wrangler644 [link] [comments]