Xbox Series X buzzing/ticking noise coming from the fan area.

Discus and support Xbox Series X buzzing/ticking noise coming from the fan area. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've had my Series X since launch day, and when I first got it the console was super quiet and didn't make any noise. However, as of recently, my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by II Blittz II, Apr 29, 2021.

1. II Blittz II
    II Blittz II Guest

I've had my Series X since launch day, and when I first got it the console was super quiet and didn't make any noise. However, as of recently, my Series X makes a buzzing noise while sitting idle on the home screen. Also, it somewhat goes away once I start-up a game, does anyone know what this could be? I started noticing this issue after the first April software update. With that being said, I'm not sure if it's coil whine or VRM coming from the motherboard. When facing the Series X, the power supply is on the left side above the disc drive, and the sound seems like it's coming from the right side where the fan and the heat sink is. You normally can't hear it unless it's real quiet like late at night. I'm worried something is wrong and I don't know what to do, I saved up all year to buy a Series X and if this one dies on me I'm not sure if I'd want to buy another one. The noise isn't annoying or anything, but when I stick my ear near the fan it definitely seems like something is on its way out the door. The weird thing about this is, it never use to do this, and it only makes a constant buzzing sound while on the home screen with nothing running. It will continue to buzz and tick until I start playing a game and then it goes away. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated, thanks.

:)

II Blittz II, Apr 29, 2021
  2. Kendachi Win User

Same happened to me in my xbox series s, here i uploaded videos of the noise:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5VnH1qSYH4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK3bXVU1vJw

Its the same noises as yours ? maybe software related?
    I hear the same noise on my Series S (only the first 5 seconds of the first video). For some unknown reason, it's a lot more noticeable when I'm on the Home Screen and I really need to be close to it (like inches away from it) to be able to hear that noise.
  3. Default_570 Win User

one way to reduce magnetic noise is to use a better quality power bar the console and television, the noise can be from a power factor imbalance too
  4. Rhyuuke Win User

Hello, I understand your question about requesting the exchange of your video game, I have an xbox series x, and there is coil whine in it. I have in mind that this vibration of the coils is something extremely normal, my xbox one had this noise, and never presented any problem, depending on your console, the vibration may be more intense or not. If you request the exchange, the chance of receiving another console with coil whine is extremely high, but keep in mind that coil whine is not a defect, several devices have this vibration, such as computer components (Graphics cards or PSU), in my opinion I would not request an exchange, unless the vibration is very high and bothers you.

In case you have noticed this sound before, you may not have noticed it or the frequencies of your electrical network have changed and it affected the vibrations of the console, I really would not worry.
  5. II Blittz II Win User

Mines more of a electrical ticking sound, and it's most noticeable when nothing is running and I'm just sitting on the home screen. With that being said, if I had only one way to describe the sound I'm experiencing, it sounds like an old HDD on its last legs when it starts to make that mechanical ticking sounds. The Series X doesn't have a HDD, so that's why it's worrying to me. Anyway, are you considering sending in your Series S to Microsoft as well, how long does it usually take? I've seen some people online say, it takes a week or so, and I've also seen some people say it takes 4-6 weeks. Idk but waiting over a month almost 2 months seems kinda long imo lol!
  6. XBF Meryem R Win User

Hello @II Blittz II, I hope everything is going well for you!

I am very sorry to know you are having such conveniences. Please do not worry about the situation because I am here to help you out!

According to the explanation you have provided, I believe your console will need reset in order to refresh the system. Therefore, you will only need to follow those simple troubleshooting steps that I will provide you with and your issue should be fixed.

Please click on the link below and follow those steps:

How to reset your console to factory defaults on Xbox One | Xbox Support

If this does not resolve your issue, please try to create a replacement order for your device on this link:

Getting your Xbox device serviced | Xbox Support

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X buzzing/ticking noise coming from the fan area. - Similar Threads - Series buzzing ticking

2. If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?: If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever? 633f1604-25c1-4c0e-91b3-038884d6a47e
  3. Why is my RB on my XBOX Series S controller making a buzzing/springing noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my RB on my XBOX Series S controller making a buzzing/springing noise: my RB on my controller is making a buzzing/springing noise, the RB works but that noise is annoying me. it happened a couple of days ago cdbea244-a9d6-4544-be4f-9143677d077e
  4. Xbox series s making buzzing noise.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s making buzzing noise.: Hello, im Yasi, i have been facing some problems with my xbox series s, i have got it from 2022 around june. lately its been making a buzzing or wheezing noise on the left hand side of the xbox...
  5. Buzzing for xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Buzzing for xbox series x: Xbox series x is buzzing whenever I pause or skip music on Spotify also when skip ads on YouTube app. Moment press home button. It stops but tried differnt wires and still happens not sure what to...
  6. My Xbox series x is making a buzzing sorts clicking noises when turned off not off at power

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x is making a buzzing sorts clicking noises when turned off not off at power: So I put my ear to my series x when I turned it off to see anything was being weird and I heard a clicking buzzing sound coming from the rear or the part where the ports are I noticed it when it...
  7. Is it normal for my Series X to make a buzz noise whenever it starts up?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it normal for my Series X to make a buzz noise whenever it starts up?: Hi, I just want to find out if its normal for a Series X to make a buzz noise every time it starts up from powering off. I've read that it's the disk drive searching for a disc but my paranoia is...
  8. Xbox Series X Controller not turning on and making buzzing noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller not turning on and making buzzing noise: My controller suddenly stopped working and won’t turn on. I tried: - using new batteries - plugging it directly to the console. - holding the power button for very long time (over 30 seconds...
  9. How to stop Xbox Series S from freezing and making buzzing noise?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to stop Xbox Series S from freezing and making buzzing noise?: I've looked for an answer to this for days without finding anything. To clarify a bit, my Xbox freezes and the audio from the TV makes a loud buzzing noise. The light on my controller starts...
  10. Series S controller won't power on and is making a buzzing noise when plugged in via USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S controller won't power on and is making a buzzing noise when plugged in via USB: My controller has randomly stopped working, it was working fine the last time I used it. Nothing is wrong with the USB cable or the Xbox because my other controller works fine. There is a buzzing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox series x fan buzzing

2. xbox series x buzzing noise

3. xbox series s fan ratlling