Xbox Series X Boots Twice from Full Shutdown w/ Expansion Card Installed

Discus and support Xbox Series X Boots Twice from Full Shutdown w/ Expansion Card Installed in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I already reported this issue from the console but thought I'd share this concern with the community. When booting from Full Shutdown, Series X... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Anonymous3369, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Xbox Series X Boots Twice from Full Shutdown w/ Expansion Card Installed

Hi,

I already reported this issue from the console but thought I'd share this concern with the community. When booting from Full Shutdown, Series X crashes, but boots right back up again with no apparent issues. This only happens if:

1) The SeaGate 1 TB Expansion card is inserted, and

2) The Series X is booting from Full Shutdown.

Additional Notes:

1) If the Expansion card is not inserted, Series X boots up just fine without crashing and having to start again a few seconds later.

2) If booting when Series X is in Instant-On mode, there are no observable issues, even if the Expansion card is inserted.

My concern is that this may impact the console over the long run. I've formatted the Expansion card at least once, and reset the console at least once. Please advise. Thank you.

:)

Anonymous3369, Nov 28, 2020
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Optimized Games X|S

Hi,

Both Series X/S games and Xbox One games that been optimised (I'm British) for Series X/S must be installed on either the internal storage or the expansion card. They can not be run from a USB connected storage device. My optimised Series X/S Xbox One games
    were moved to my Expansion card during their update.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Does copying a game use externel box memory or counsel memory

If you are playing the Series X version, all Series X games must be installed internally or on the expansion card
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Copy games/savegames to Series S

One thing I personally cannot say for certain is if those games loading from the external hard drive will run the same way they would if they were installed straight onto the console...
    If you load games on the Series X or S from an external hard drive they will load the same as they do on a regular Xbox One. There won't be any performance issues. Games installed on a external SSD (SATA SSD not the Expansion Card) will load faster then
    they would before due to the much faster I/O on the Series X/S.

If you move your games to either the internal storage or the optional Expansion card, you will see significant loading speed improvements. They'll be massive on a game such as Odyssey. Fast traveling in 5 seconds rather than 40 on a regular Xbox One or One
    X!

To use the Series X/S 'Quick Resume' on Xbox One or other BC games will require said games to be installed internally or to the Expansion Card. Series X/S games can only be installed on the Internal or Expansion card.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

What are the best options for adding storage Xbox series S?

If it is a Series X|S games, then the game can only be installed on the internal drive or on a external Seagate storage expansion card

https://www.xbox.com/en-Gb/accessories/hard-drives/seagate-expansion-card or a Western Digital one

https://www.westerndigital.com/prod...sion-card-for-xbox-ssd?sku=WDBMPH0010BNC-WCSN These can store Xbox Series X|S games and be launched from them too.

Any backward Compatible title (Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One) can be installed on an external drive and played from there too.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Why can I not install game pass games on the USB external hard drive?

Thema:

Xbox Series X Boots Twice from Full Shutdown w/ Expansion Card Installed

1. Xbox Series X Boots Twice from Full Shutdown w/ Expansion Card Installed - Similar Threads - Series Boots Twice

2. series s, turns and 30 seconds or less later turns off. never actually boots up

in XBoX on Consoles
    series s, turns and 30 seconds or less later turns off. never actually boots up: as stated, my series s will turn on and 30 seconds or less it turns off. e4f15b1f-85b0-44da-8b22-aa984ffb7a3b
  3. xbox series x will not boot up any games that are "optimised" for series x/s

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x will not boot up any games that are "optimised" for series x/s: I've experienced a huge issue on my xbox series x, where no games that are optimised for x/s will load up. They get as far as the splash screen then freeze and crash. Games that this has been...
  4. Xbox series s stuck at big xbox logo on boot for a while

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s stuck at big xbox logo on boot for a while: Xbox series s with external samsung 1tb ssd and 1tb storage expansion card seagate stuck at big xbox logo on boot for a while then when it does get the the menu it does not connect to the Internet...
  5. xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x booting up and after 20 secs it shuts off tv screen stays black nothing happens: Hello microsoft i have a problem with my xbox it's really frustating because i only have mine for a few months i always trusted xbox and now this happens on a brand new console that i paid a lot...
  6. My Xbox S series froze during play and not won't boot

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox S series froze during play and not won't boot: During game play, the system froze and wouldn't turn off. I did a forced turning off and followed all the directions to reboot (including cleaning the unit of any dust). I only get the splash...
  7. Series X Boot Problem When Turned on via Controller Just After Plugging Power Cord in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Boot Problem When Turned on via Controller Just After Plugging Power Cord in: My brand new Series X has this strange behavior but I'm not sure if I should return it or even if this a problem I shall be worried about. On the other hand, I would rather return it now instead...
  8. My Xbox series s that is brand new has a red screen when I try to boot it up

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox series s that is brand new has a red screen when I try to boot it up: My Xbox series is brand new and I got it today it was working fine in the beginning but then after I got off playing Fortnite with my friends I wanted to play by myself and I turned my Xbox on and...
  9. Xbox always says "Connect to the Xbox Network on boot if on low power mode (Xbox Series X)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox always says "Connect to the Xbox Network on boot if on low power mode (Xbox Series X): If i use the Low power mode setting on my Series X, it never connects to the internet/xbox network when booting up. I usually have to hard reset, turn xbox on and off multiple times or just wait...
  10. XBox Series X no signal at boot, powers off

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X no signal at boot, powers off: Encountering an issue where I cant seem to get an HDMI signal no matter what I try. The console will only stay on about a minute or so before powering off. Console is located in well ventilated...