Xbox series x being throttled by Microsoft

Discus and support Xbox series x being throttled by Microsoft in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I had xbox series x for two years and everything was working normally until two weeks ago. I have 2gbps connection. Everything else connected is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mindcrime1, Apr 11, 2024.

1. mindcrime1
    mindcrime1 Guest

I had xbox series x for two years and everything was working normally until two weeks ago.

I have 2gbps connection. Everything else connected is working fine on my network.

I factory reset xbox, tried connecting it via ethernet cable, wi-fi, hotspot but still the speed is 20mbs download and 20mbs upload. Two weeks ago it was 900mbs download and 100mbs upload.

I tried connecting my friends xbox series x and its working as it should with max download of 890mbs and 100mbs upload.

Besides networking issues my xbox works fine, something happened on microsofts servers that throttles my speed.

:)

mindcrime1, Apr 11, 2024
  2. mindcrime1 Win User

Im sorry i didnt understand what are you trying to tell me?

youbteyign?? Zif file??

Could you explain because all i know that i had 900/100mbs for two years and now 20/20mbs

Why are servers throttling me?
  3. mindcrime1 Win User

Xbox series x has gigabit port. Until recently my downloads were as i said multiple times, 900mbs and now they are 20mbs.

My tests are via game downloads, internet speed test via bing on xbox and xbox internal speed test.

My provider gives me 2gigabits and i have it on other devices as i said.

I know xbox has 1gigabit and i had that until two weeks ago but now I AM BEING THROTTLED.

20 mps is 45 times slower then i had two weeks ago
  4. mindcrime1 Win User

I already talked to my internet provider and they even sent their technician to take a look and they said that on their side everything is ok and router has no blocking on xbox.

As i ve said in my original post i tried connecting xbox to my mobile phone via hotspot and same thing is happening.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

As you will not provide requested information,, and will not accept the answer, I am locking the thread.

If you wish a second opinion you can contact Microsoft support.

https://support.microsot.com/contact-us
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

OK, whether you habe gigabit ethernet ports , or pay for gigabit internet service does not matter as to the bandwidth you are allocated. As stated no one gets gigabit speeds from Microsoft, and downloads are capped around 200 at the best of times

Bandwidth is allocated based on need and server loads

As my update is currently also running at 20, looks like they're throttling everyone
Thema:

1. Xbox series x being throttled by Microsoft - Similar Threads - series being throttled

2. Friends List on Xbox Series S never being properly up-to-date

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends List on Xbox Series S never being properly up-to-date: My friends list on my Series S is never properly up-to-date unless I do a console restart. Whenever I turn it on and see what my friends are doing, it'll say (for example: Playing Minecraft...
  3. Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Controller having stick drift issues. Warranty shows being expired before the...: So last August (08 2023) I signed up for a Gamepass Ultimate Subscription (2 years) under the All Access subscription to get a Series X console. Anyways everything has been great until this past...
  4. Issues with predictive text being automatically selected on series s/x device

in XBoX Accessibility
    Issues with predictive text being automatically selected on series s/x device: I have recently customised a controller for my son and from what I can tell this issue is limited to that controller only. When attempting to type a message or redeem a code predictive texts are...
  5. Why the hell am I not being able to purchase an Xbox series X game

in XBoX on Windows
    Why the hell am I not being able to purchase an Xbox series X game: I couldnt download a game called biomutant or any type of Xbox series X game and it was a mark down from cyber something or other and was 39.99 and lowered to around 15 dollars and its like a 5...
  6. How to prevent my games being used on stolen xbox series s.

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to prevent my games being used on stolen xbox series s.: Hi, I am posting this on behalf of my cousin who is having issues getting his xbox series s back from his ex partners brother who is continuing stringing him on saying he'll get it back but my...
  7. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 Came Back From Being Repaired Broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 Came Back From Being Repaired Broken: I recently sent my Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 in for repair. I received it back yesterday, and it has arrived broken. The left bumper partially pops out of the controller, and has to be popped...
  8. Xbox Series S doesn't connect to Wifi anymore after being unplugged for a few days.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series S doesn't connect to Wifi anymore after being unplugged for a few days.: So, I've had trouble connecting with my Series S at times anyway, but was always able to work around it. However right now I'm quite lost. The internet in my apartment, which I share/get from my...
  9. Constant stuttering and voice not being picked up properly on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Constant stuttering and voice not being picked up properly on Series X: Hi everyone, I've been experiencing a persistent problem -- whether in a regular Xbox Party or using the Discord integration. Whenever I try to speak to people, my voice is constantly stuttering...
  10. Xbox series s warranty shows as being expired months before brand new purchase

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series s warranty shows as being expired months before brand new purchase: I purchased my series s console on August 26 2022, I should still have warranty on it but according to the registered devices section the warranty expired the previous march. Any idea why this...