Xbox series X backwards compatibility 360 cloud storage over limit

Discus and support Xbox series X backwards compatibility 360 cloud storage over limit in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Have encountered this issue with some 360 BC games that require you to manually select the cloud instead of auto syncing when signing in, where when... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Austin 7, Aug 24, 2023.

1. Austin 7
    Austin 7 Guest

Have encountered this issue with some 360 BC games that require you to manually select the cloud instead of auto syncing when signing in, where when you select cloud it says its over the limit and need to clear space. When I do this I can play like normal and close game when I'm done. But when I load it up again regardless how much space I cleared it says its over the limit again. Encountering this with Resident evil ORC at the moment and have have clear 35mb and when I loaded it up next play session I was over despite the game not even taking up 1mb. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but it's like the game is taking up more space than it says it is. Any advice?

:)

Austin 7, Aug 24, 2023
  2. Rob Salmon 445 Win User

I have had a similar experience with this issue.

My understanding of the cloud storage is when you save to the storage the system uses more hidden space that it reports, so even though it appears to have space it does not.

You may be running into issues because you are using very close to the limit and when you save it needs more that it is reporting.

can you try to clear more space so there is a greater amount of free space.

I always try to not go over about 90% myself.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you today. If you could let me know if we have answered your questions or if there is anything else we can assist you with?

Regards
    Rob
  3. Rob Salmon 445 Win User

Hi Austin 7,

thank you for getting in touch today. My name is Rob and I’d be more than happy to help you.

Please give me a few moments while I review your query

Regards
    Rob
  4. Ben4724 Win User

Bought Bully Scholarship and I cant play it

Hi there, you're welcome! No please don't delete the games you have installed. There should be an option on Xbox series S as well to delete local save storage for xbox 360. Since Xbox 360 backwards compatible games also runs on Xbox one up to Xbox series X.

Try going to Settings > System > Storage > Clear local Xbox 360 storage this option should show up. It will delete the saved games locally but the cloud saves will remain.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Is warhammer 40k space marines compatible for the Xbox one or the series x? Keeping in mind that this game came out on the 360

Hi,

Sadly, Warhammer 40K Space Marines is not backwards compatible with Xbox One or Series X. The only way to play this game is on an Xbox 360 or by purchasing the PC version on Steam.

https://www.xbox.com/games/backward-compatibility?cat=xbox360

Note: There is no separate list for Xbox 360 games on Series X. If I game is not BC on the Xbox One, it won't be BC on the Series X|S either.

The Xbox One wasn't powerful enough to make all Xbox 360 games BC as the 360 hardware uses a totally different type of CPU architecture. Unfortunately, the BC program has now ended. No more Xbox 360 or original Xbox games will be made backwards compatible. It wasn't a simple process, hence the limited amount of titles.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

I installed my avolusion 8tb hard drive on my Xbox series x and every time I installed my games on that hard drive and try to play with my games it says must move it to your internal hard drive

If the game is a Xbox Series X game, then those game can only be stored on the internal storage to be able to play them. Any other games such as Xbox One and Xbox 360 backward compatible games can be stored on the external storage and played from there.
Thema:

1. Xbox series X backwards compatibility 360 cloud storage over limit - Similar Threads - series backwards compatibility

2. I'm trying to play backwards compatible games on my xbox series S, but it keeps saying...

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm trying to play backwards compatible games on my xbox series S, but it keeps saying...: I'm trying to play backwards compatible games on my xbox series S, but it keeps saying theirs either a "sign-in issue" or "Can't connect to internet" it wasn't doing this a few month ago. any...
  3. Xbox Series X backwards compatibility

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X backwards compatibility: My question is simple. Would it be possible to include an option upon installing a game that is on both the xbox one and series x like fallout 4 for example with its recent ng update to let us...
  4. Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Error 8015190E - Unable to sign into Xbox live backwards compatible 360 games: I've been getting a 8015190E error code within the past week when attempting to sign into a 360 backwards compatible game on my xbox series X. I attempted hard reseting my Xbox, changing my DNS...
  5. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  6. Cant connect to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant connect to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games: Hello can someone please help me im having issues connecting to 360 live from my series x to play backwards compatibility games I've tried few games every games isn't connecting such as gears 2 or...
  7. Unable to Connect to Xbox live (Xbox Series X) on Xbox 360 Backwards compatibility

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Connect to Xbox live (Xbox Series X) on Xbox 360 Backwards compatibility: A few days ago, I was achievement hunting on some old Xbox 360 games and was connected to xbox live and was able to play online a day after finishing all the achievements on a game I went to boot...
  8. Can’t sign into Xbox live for certain backwards compatible 360 games on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t sign into Xbox live for certain backwards compatible 360 games on Series X: Lately I have been spending a lot of time playing Fallout 3, catching up on the DLCs I never played and recently purchased just last month. So I grabbed my old 2012 save off of my xbox 360,...
  9. The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct game is not backwards compatible on Xbox Series consoles.

in XboX Insiders
    The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct game is not backwards compatible on Xbox Series consoles.: Hello, I am using an Xbox Series X console and a computer with Windows 11 operating system. The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct game does not have backwards compatibility support. As Xbox players,...
  10. Can i redeem a xbox 360 game that is backwards compatible on xbox one/ series s & x?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can i redeem a xbox 360 game that is backwards compatible on xbox one/ series s & x?: I was curious to know if i can redeem a Xbox 360 game that is backwards compatible on my xbox series s i want to get a code for Mortal Kombat (2011) and of course the game is for 360 however it...