Xbox Series X Audio Delay with VRR On?

Discus and support Xbox Series X Audio Delay with VRR On? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Recently purchased a TCL Series 6 55” TV and have my Xbox Series X hooked up to it. The TV supports FreeSync but I hadn’t known about the Variable... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WeaponizedChili, May 2, 2023.

1. Xbox Series X Audio Delay with VRR On?

Recently purchased a TCL Series 6 55” TV and have my Xbox Series X hooked up to it. The TV supports FreeSync but I hadn’t known about the Variable Refresh Rate setting on the Xbox until today. There was minor screen tearing before, but with VRR turned on, it all but vanishes. This is wonderful and all, but with VRR on there is nearly a whole second delay between the visuals and the audio. It took me a while to figure out this was the culprit but I’ve found virtually no information about this problem in my searches. Would love some advice, been messing with settings all evening trying to eliminate the issue while keeping VRR enabled because it really does make a difference. Thanks!

:)

WeaponizedChili, May 2, 2023
  2. Ignroavo Win User

Xbox One X VRR Issue

I had the same issue using a Denon hdmi 2.1 AVR. I solved it using VRR with 120hz, but I have a hdmi 2.1 tv and a Series X, not One X. I guess you are stuck with 4k without vrr or full hd 120 and vrr. Another solution is to connect the Xbox directly to the tv and use arc/earc for audio, but One X does not support 4k 120hz, so you are stuck with full hd 120 if you use vrr.
  3. HomegrownSilky Win User

Xsx a90j won’t recognize 4K 120

Have you tried turning off VRR on the Series X?
  4. JoeHussle Win User

MW2 Display Bug Xbox Series X

Yes it's an Xbox series x on a hdmi 2.1 TV with 120hz and VRR. It's just another issue on MW end
  5. FaringamN1 Win User

Xbox Series X HDMI Audio - Dolby Digital

I have same problem:

Xbox Series X linked to HDMI1 on TV to preserve the VRR and from HDMI 4 ARC i link the AVR DENON X2700H.

If I select DOLBY DIGITAL I have Latency on Audio and it’s impossibile to play, so I need to select Stereo Uncompressed.
  6. Farscape247 Win User

Will I be able to play on my Series X at 1080p 120fps VRR with this monitor?

it will work fine including vrr, you don't need hdmi 2.0/2.1 for 1080p 120hz vrr.

that monitor is also tested to work with series x and ps5.
Thema:

Xbox Series X Audio Delay with VRR On?

1. Xbox Series X Audio Delay with VRR On? - Similar Threads - Series Audio Delay

2. Audio latency with Steel Series Arctis Nova 7X Headphones

in XboX Insiders
    Audio latency with Steel Series Arctis Nova 7X Headphones: Just got the headphones and I’ve noticed a very poor audio delay with my games while using them. I’ve had wireless headphones from steel series prior to this pair but never encountered this issues...
  3. Series S 1tb Wired MS Audio Headphones No Power/Sound via USB A Sockets

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S 1tb Wired MS Audio Headphones No Power/Sound via USB A Sockets: Hi Series S not Powering MS Wired Headphones connected to any of USB A sockets. Connected direct to. Series S Audio Setting re checked restarted Console Gen Audio testing/details Headset...
  4. Xbox series x audio issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x audio issues: I've had a Xbox series x since November 2023 and since day 1 there's been bits of popping in my headset whether it be in a game or watching YouTube or Netflix. I've gone through multiple headsets,...
  5. Headphone audio reversed on XBox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphone audio reversed on XBox Series S: I own Steelseries Arctis 5 wired headphones, which work perfectly well with my Windows PC. I recently bought a new XBox Series S, and played a few games. I wasn't aware there was a problem until I...
  6. Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X: Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X b58ffff7-5cd1-473c-8490-522e1b9dcab7
  7. Xbox series X Audio Crackling

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X Audio Crackling: My console's audio has been crackling First I noticed it if I tried to open the quick menu while in matches in For Honour, the audio would get slowwwwed and crackle awfully like it was a slowmo...
  8. Audio Stuttering on my Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio Stuttering on my Xbox Series X: So, I have already read a few threads about their Xbox Series S and X having audio stuttering. With all the threads I have read, I have also tried the ideas that people have suggested to correct...
  9. Hi-Fi Rush Showed Me How Bad Series X ARC Audio Delay Is

in XboX Insiders
    Hi-Fi Rush Showed Me How Bad Series X ARC Audio Delay Is: I would really like to play Hi-Fi Rush but it's really unplayable on my system. I have my 1 month old Series X hooked directly up to my TV (HDMI 2.0) which is hooked up to my 5.1 receiver (HDMI...
  10. Dolby Atmos audio delay or entirely missing on Xbox Series X via TV's eARC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dolby Atmos audio delay or entirely missing on Xbox Series X via TV's eARC: Hi there, I have now a new LG OLED C2 TV with which I want to take advantage of some of the Series X features such as 120 Hz and VRR. And I have a Samsung Q950T Dolby Atmos soundbar that I...