Xbox Series X Audio Delay 150-250ms (Stereo Uncompressed)

Discus and support Xbox Series X Audio Delay 150-250ms (Stereo Uncompressed) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm getting a very noticable audio delay (about 150 -250 milliseconds) in various wired headphones connected to the 3.5mm audio port on the controller... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Emil.Dahl, Mar 8, 2022.

1. Emil.Dahl
    Emil.Dahl Guest

I'm getting a very noticable audio delay (about 150 -250 milliseconds) in various wired headphones connected to the 3.5mm audio port on the controller as well as the built in TV speakers on my LG C1 55". Xbox Audio settings are set to Stereo Uncompressed (NOT Dolby Atmos/Digital or DTS). It's a consistant delay occuring in all games, as well as clicking through menus/settings and Xbox Dashboard. I've confirmed that the video signal and controller vibration is always in sync, only the audio is delayed.

Here's a few video clips:

TV - https://www.dropbox.com/s/gkp4ot385k8aj3j/20220307_230309_1.mp4?dl=0

Headphones - https://www.dropbox.com/s/t5blxlsaw27krrf/20220307_232554_1.mp4?dl=0

I've had the Xbox for two months and had zero issues apart from this. Is this normal? Is something wrong with my console? Please help me solve this. Official Xbox Support tells me this is not a know issue and they can only offer a service repair. What should I do?

:)

Emil.Dahl, Mar 8, 2022
  2. Emil.Dahl Win User

The Xbox audio settings I have available are as follows:

HDMI audio:

* Stereo Uncompressed

* Dolby Digital

* Dolby Atmos for Home Theater

Headset Format:

* Stereo Uncompressed

* Windows Sonic for Headphones

* Dolby Atmos for Headphones

* DTS Headphone:X

Tried all of them. Nothing helped.
  3. Emil.Dahl Win User

Thanks for the reply and for giving you opinion on the matter.

I tried exactly those two troubleshootings earlier. None of them helped. I guess I'm gonna have to get the console replaced/repaired then...
  4. tannaboi Win User

Hi, same issue here noticing it on every game and especially true for halo infinite as I've just checked. Hope Microsoft acknowledge and fix this issue.
  5. Emil.Dahl Win User

(UPDATE)

I sent my Xbox Series X for repairs via my retailer, and yesterday I received a brand new Xbox Series X in original packaging. I have confirmed this is brand new and not a serviced/refurbished unit.

The audio delay still persists... I did some more troubleshooting. Tried other HDMi-ports. Tried plugging in to a monitor display. At this point I feel like I've tried everything.

In Halo Infinite, shooting the Sidekick (pistol) the vibration is clearly before the gunshot sound. Even jumping, the vibration when you land back on the ground is clearly before the actual sound of the boots hitting the ground.

These are just a few examples where this issue is extra evident.

At this point my guess is it's an issue with the entire software system of the Xbox Series X. I also feel like I'm the only one noticing this, and It's all chocking to me... I don't know what to try at this point. Wired USB headset? I doubt it will help but that's my last resort at this point.
  6. Sickpuzzle24 Win User

Hey guys, same issue here. The lipsync on my Vizio mq6 is very off with Xbox series X. I own a ps4 and that is not the case with it. I think they need to push an update for series x. I have AC Valhalla and Rdr2 a long with halo and Forza through gamespass and trust me all these game are facing same issue with audio delay.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X Audio Delay 150-250ms (Stereo Uncompressed) - Similar Threads - Series Audio Delay

2. Audio latency with Steel Series Arctis Nova 7X Headphones

in XboX Insiders
    Audio latency with Steel Series Arctis Nova 7X Headphones: Just got the headphones and I’ve noticed a very poor audio delay with my games while using them. I’ve had wireless headphones from steel series prior to this pair but never encountered this issues...
  3. Series S 1tb Wired MS Audio Headphones No Power/Sound via USB A Sockets

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S 1tb Wired MS Audio Headphones No Power/Sound via USB A Sockets: Hi Series S not Powering MS Wired Headphones connected to any of USB A sockets. Connected direct to. Series S Audio Setting re checked restarted Console Gen Audio testing/details Headset...
  4. Xbox series x audio issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x audio issues: I've had a Xbox series x since November 2023 and since day 1 there's been bits of popping in my headset whether it be in a game or watching YouTube or Netflix. I've gone through multiple headsets,...
  5. Headphone audio reversed on XBox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphone audio reversed on XBox Series S: I own Steelseries Arctis 5 wired headphones, which work perfectly well with my Windows PC. I recently bought a new XBox Series S, and played a few games. I wasn't aware there was a problem until I...
  6. Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X: Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X b58ffff7-5cd1-473c-8490-522e1b9dcab7
  7. Xbox series X Audio Crackling

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X Audio Crackling: My console's audio has been crackling First I noticed it if I tried to open the quick menu while in matches in For Honour, the audio would get slowwwwed and crackle awfully like it was a slowmo...
  8. Hi-Fi Rush Showed Me How Bad Series X ARC Audio Delay Is

in XboX Insiders
    Hi-Fi Rush Showed Me How Bad Series X ARC Audio Delay Is: I would really like to play Hi-Fi Rush but it's really unplayable on my system. I have my 1 month old Series X hooked directly up to my TV (HDMI 2.0) which is hooked up to my 5.1 receiver (HDMI...
  9. Dolby Atmos audio delay or entirely missing on Xbox Series X via TV's eARC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dolby Atmos audio delay or entirely missing on Xbox Series X via TV's eARC: Hi there, I have now a new LG OLED C2 TV with which I want to take advantage of some of the Series X features such as 120 Hz and VRR. And I have a Samsung Q950T Dolby Atmos soundbar that I...
  10. Xbox Series X Audio Delay with VRR On?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Audio Delay with VRR On?: Recently purchased a TCL Series 6 55” TV and have my Xbox Series X hooked up to it. The TV supports FreeSync but I hadn’t known about the Variable Refresh Rate setting on the Xbox until today....