Xbox Series X audio broken for everything except stereo

Discus and support Xbox Series X audio broken for everything except stereo in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a Series X connected to an Onkyo TX-NR6050 receiver. The receiver is connected to a 5.1.2 speaker setup. In the Xbox audio settings it shows... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AbeAustin, Nov 11, 2023.

1. AbeAustin
    AbeAustin Guest

I have a Series X connected to an Onkyo TX-NR6050 receiver. The receiver is connected to a 5.1.2 speaker setup. In the Xbox audio settings it shows that my receiver is supported for every audio format except for DTS:X.

In spite of all this, in the Xbox audio setup only the "Stereo uncompressed" option plays correctly. If I select "5.1 uncompressed" or "7.1 uncompressed," the left and right channels will play, but no others. If I select "Dolby Digital," "DTS Digital Sound," "Dolby Atmos for home theater," or "DTS:X for home theater" then nothing will play on ANY channel.

Over in my receiver settings I have toggled "PCM Fixed Mode" on and off with no effect.

Is anyone aware of a fix for this issue?

:)

AbeAustin, Nov 11, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hi!

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question?

Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello AbeAustin,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing audio issues with your Xbox Series X and your Onkyo TX-NR6050 receiver. This sounds like a frustrating problem, and I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Based on the information you provided, it seems that there might be a compatibility issue between your receiver and the Xbox Series X audio formats. Some possible steps you can try are:

- Make sure your receiver has the latest firmware update installed. You can check this by following the instructions on the Onkyo website: Onkyo | Homepage (onkyo-av.com)

- Try using a different HDMI cable to connect your Xbox Series X and your receiver. Some HDMI cables might not support the bandwidth required for some audio formats.

- Try changing the HDMI audio settings on your Xbox Series X. Go to Settings > General > Volume & audio output > HDMI audio. Try setting it to Bitstream out and see if that makes a difference.

- Try changing the audio format settings on your receiver. Go to Setup > Audio > Audio Format. Try setting it to Auto or PCM and see if that works.

See: Connect your Xbox console to a sound system | Xbox Support

I hope this helps and you can enjoy your Xbox Series X with full surround sound soon.
  4. gregkeppeler Win User

Xbox Series X - I can no longer turn off hdmi audio since installing the september update

I have almost the same problem except the error message says

“if you’re using Xbox series X/S, note that HDMI audio can’t be turned off. In other consoles, either optical or HDMI audio must be on. (0x80bd0009)

Why can’t I turn off hdmi audio on Xbox series x it makes no sense?
  5. EzequielNeves19 Win User

Xbox USB audio devices - please support

Hello SamuliVälimäki how are you?

My name is Ezequiel I'm an Independent Consultant.

Yes, it is possible for you to make it work, but it is a little more difficult than on the PlayStation.

To connect the HyperX Quadcast to your Xbox Series X, you will need a few accessories. Firstly, you will need a 3.5mm male to male audio cable. Secondly, you will need a Y splitter cable that has one 3.5mm female jack and two 3.5mm male jacks. Finally, you will need an Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter.

Step-by-Step Guide

Connect one end of the 3.5mm male to male audio cable to the headphone jack of the HyperX Quadcast microphone.

Connect the other end of the 3.5mm male to male audio cable to the female jack of the Y splitter cable.

Connect the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter to the Xbox Series X controller.

Connect one of the male jacks of the Y splitter cable to the audio input of the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter.

Connect your headset to the other male jack of the Y splitter cable.

Turn on your Xbox Series X and the HyperX Quadcast microphone.

Go to the audio settings of your Xbox Series X and select the audio input device as “Headset mic (HyperX Quadcast)”.

https://www.ac3filter.net/does-the-...st is,sound quality in any room of your home.

This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.'
  6. robnyack Win User

So...Dolby Digital? Remember... Ummm ...Dolby Microsoft?

You might want to change your name to "u go 6ft below and while you do that i'll sit here and continuously whine and complain about anything and everything about the xbox one"....... see what I did there?

-

I have mine set at hdmi audio: stereo uncompressed and optical audio: dts digital sound.

-

Missing feature, not broken feature.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X audio broken for everything except stereo - Similar Threads - Series audio broken

2. Audio latency with Steel Series Arctis Nova 7X Headphones

in XboX Insiders
    Audio latency with Steel Series Arctis Nova 7X Headphones: Just got the headphones and I’ve noticed a very poor audio delay with my games while using them. I’ve had wireless headphones from steel series prior to this pair but never encountered this issues...
  3. Series S 1tb Wired MS Audio Headphones No Power/Sound via USB A Sockets

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S 1tb Wired MS Audio Headphones No Power/Sound via USB A Sockets: Hi Series S not Powering MS Wired Headphones connected to any of USB A sockets. Connected direct to. Series S Audio Setting re checked restarted Console Gen Audio testing/details Headset...
  4. Xbox series x audio issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x audio issues: I've had a Xbox series x since November 2023 and since day 1 there's been bits of popping in my headset whether it be in a game or watching YouTube or Netflix. I've gone through multiple headsets,...
  5. Headphone audio reversed on XBox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphone audio reversed on XBox Series S: I own Steelseries Arctis 5 wired headphones, which work perfectly well with my Windows PC. I recently bought a new XBox Series S, and played a few games. I wasn't aware there was a problem until I...
  6. Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X: Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X b58ffff7-5cd1-473c-8490-522e1b9dcab7
  7. Xbox series X Audio Crackling

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X Audio Crackling: My console's audio has been crackling First I noticed it if I tried to open the quick menu while in matches in For Honour, the audio would get slowwwwed and crackle awfully like it was a slowmo...
  8. Audio Stuttering on my Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio Stuttering on my Xbox Series X: So, I have already read a few threads about their Xbox Series S and X having audio stuttering. With all the threads I have read, I have also tried the ideas that people have suggested to correct...
  9. I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.: I play on my Xbox Series X and I recently bought the Turtle Beach Recon Chat and while I can hear Xbox parties and fortnite voice channels, I can't hear any game audio so I was wondering if there...
  10. What is the best way to control my TV and audio receiver from my Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is the best way to control my TV and audio receiver from my Xbox series X?: I currently have an Xbox series X. a few months ago's I upgraded from an Xbox One X. I have my video and audio going to my TV and then optical out going to my audio receiver. I used to be able to...