Xbox Series X 5ghz Wifi issues

Discus and support Xbox Series X 5ghz Wifi issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Alright everyone so after months of testing and even sending my Series X console in for a “repair” (I just got a new unit) I feel comfortable making... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AustinSkender, Nov 11, 2021.

1. Xbox Series X 5ghz Wifi issues

Alright everyone so after months of testing and even sending my Series X console in for a “repair” (I just got a new unit) I feel comfortable making this post now.

I’ve seen maybe a couple of other posts regarding WiFi connection drop outs on the Series X strictly pertaining to the 5ghz frequency. I had these issues since day one. I literally tried everything to see if I could stabilize the connection. I tried changing the 5ghz channel to multiple different ones, i used my killer networking WiFi analyzer to ensure I was avoiding interference if at all possible. I even went as far as getting a new router. Nothing.

Now I want to make this clear to those who find themselves reading this, this problem only happens over 5ghz, I can switch to 2.4ghz and everything will be fine as far as connection stability and it has nothing to do with signal strength because my Xbox is maybe 20-25 feet in the next room, on the same floor, through a single wall, and My router is no slouch either. This problem only happens to my Xbox, everything else in my home (even my PS5) connected over 5ghz is perfectly fine.

Don’t get me wrong, I love my Series X, and now that I have a new fiber connection I find the 2.4ghz WiFi at least usable now but it’s literally 1/8th my potential maximum speed. I just wanted to make Microsoft aware that this is a hardware/design defect. From tear down videos I have watched of the console I did not see any antenna wires ran to the outer chassis (please correct me if I’m wrong). It’s also extremely disappointing that the Series X doesn’t not at least have AX WiFi functionality.

Hopefully this helps some folks out. Thank you for your time.

:)

AustinSkender, Nov 11, 2021
  2. ScottBZ Win User

My Xbox won’t find my 5ghz wifi, but I can see neighbors 5ghz wifi. Any solutions? The 5ghz is visible in all of my other devices such as phones or laptops.

My Xbox won’t find my 5ghz wifi, but I can see neighbors 5ghz wifi. Any solutions? The 5ghz is visible in all of my other devices such as phones or laptops.
    Hi, I am not sure if i am right, it may be that the current Xbox wifi driving program is not working with your 5ghz wifi device. I could like to suggest to upgrade the wifi driving program. Hope this works.
  3. sandy the hippy Win User

WiFi connection

You may want to check if your wireless is 2.4 or 5ghz combined.

Most routers use 1 wifi network across both 2.4 and 5ghz frequency bands. This can be an issue. 2.4ghz has a further range than 5ghz, and if using 5ghz the signal may drop causing a disconnect.

It should be possible via router wifi settings to separate the 2, effectively making your router have "2" wifi networks- one running 2.4ghz and one using 5ghz. They doing that, and connecting only via the 2.4ghz and see if the issue persists
  4. KimCai Win User

Xbox series X unable to detect 5Ghz Wifi

Hi Kyle

Yes it’s separate into 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. I don’t Unify it.
  5. KimCai Win User

Hi Kyle

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, I’m aware of that. All my devices have no problem with 5Ghz and the xbox is just 5 meters away from my router (Tenda AC2100 Dual Band Gigabit WiFi Router) And no walls in between.

Thanks,

Ogas.
  6. KimCai Win User

Hi

Unfortunately, I’m the only one in the area that has a 5Ghz network. I tried set up 5Ghz mobile hotspot on laptop and the Xbox can’t find it still.
Thema:

Xbox Series X 5ghz Wifi issues

1. Xbox Series X 5ghz Wifi issues - Similar Threads - Series 5ghz Wifi

2. If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?: If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever? 633f1604-25c1-4c0e-91b3-038884d6a47e
  3. Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light: I recently tried connecting my Xbox series S to a acer k272hl and every time I connect the cable it says NO SIGNAL, then the light goes yellow. Then it just repeats forever. I tried three...
  4. Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?: Recently bought a Razer Blackshark v2 X usb mic for my Xbox. Didn’t realise it was usb until after I had bought it. I was wondering if there is any possibility at all that I can use it with my...
  5. Friends List on Xbox Series S never being properly up-to-date

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends List on Xbox Series S never being properly up-to-date: My friends list on my Series S is never properly up-to-date unless I do a console restart. Whenever I turn it on and see what my friends are doing, it'll say (for example: Playing Minecraft...
  6. MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled: Hello, Xbox series S, my in game chat for MW3 is not working (when the game loads, where the names normally pop up when someone is talking, its says (chat disabled), during pre-game in works,...
  7. Xbox series S|X console FPS

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series S|X console FPS: Hello guys.. does anyone know how to display live FPS stats when gaming on xbox consoles? (if that's possible ofc) Thanks in advance submitted by /u/BillCipher96 [link] [comments]
  8. Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?: I had a Target order for a Series X that arrived last week. One of the pieces of security tape looked messed with a bit and had some finger prints under the tape, so I returned it for a new one...
  9. Launch Xbox Series X shutting off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Launch Xbox Series X shutting off: I have the launch Xbox series x , over the last few months the console will just randomly shut off during online game play. Doesn’t do in menus or on Home Screen, only when playing a game....
  10. Xbox series X unable to detect 5Ghz Wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X unable to detect 5Ghz Wifi: Hello, I just bought an Xbox Series X and I found out that i am unable to find 5Ghz under wifi. Ive read some forums i need to put Bandwith 40 or above and switching between Network Mode....