: Xbox Series X 5 GHz Issues

Discus and support : Xbox Series X 5 GHz Issues in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : Xbox Series X 5 GHz Issues 5GHz is good for speed and bandwidth but it useless for range, if you have walls with insulation then that will cause... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by EvanVarner, Aug 15, 2021.

  1. EvanVarner
    EvanVarner Guest

    : Xbox Series X 5 GHz Issues


    : Xbox Series X 5 GHz Issues
    5GHz is good for speed and bandwidth but it useless for range, if you have walls with insulation then that will cause issues.

    2.4 is more reliable due to having a better range and being more consistent, but slower.

    whats the distance from your router, is wired even an option for you.

    :)
     
    EvanVarner, Aug 15, 2021
    #1
  2. EvanVarner Win User

    Xbox Series X 5 GHz Issues

    Understood. I have used old Xbox versions in this room with 5 GHz with no issues, it’s about 20ft through one wall so I don’t believe that is the issue.

    Sadly wired is not as there are no ports in the room. I would have to run a cable through the wall.

    After doing some further research on here. Looks like playing COD also showcases the issue as well so it may be something I have to live with due to the titles themselves.
  3. Farscape247 Win User

    Xbox Series X 5 GHz Issues

    5GHz is good for speed and bandwidth but it useless for range, if you have walls with insulation then that will cause issues.

    2.4 is more reliable due to having a better range and being more consistent, but slower.

    whats the distance from your router, is wired even an option for you.
  4. Leonard_Y Win User

    Xbox Series X doesn't want to connect to 5GHz connection.

    Hi,

    Thank you for posting in Xbox forum.

    It seems that your Xbox Series X doesn't want to connect to 5GHz Wi-Fi. We need to invesigate this to find the best possible solution to this problem. Let's work on this together.

    To better understand the situation, we would like to ask some questions, such as:

    • What error message are you getting when you try to connect to the 5 GHz Wi-Fi network?
    • Kindly send us a screenshot of the error

    To further isolate the issue, kindly try the methods below


    • Disable/Remove the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi

      - split 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands or disable the 2.4 GHz band through the router’s interface. Then scan for new WiFi on your Xbox and connect to the 5 GHz exclusive band

    Sincerely,

    Leonardo_Y
  5. Jonathan Gin Win User

    Is there any advantage to upgrading my wireless router?

    To Samuel3201 point and your question about 2.4/5 GHz simultaneous. The xbox 360 will not be connected with 2.4/5 GHz simultaneously. Your router being 2.4/5 GHz simultaneous/dual band just means that it will be able to route traffic on both the 2.4 GHz
    and 5 GHz clients at the same time, but not combine them. Think of it as the router having 2 phones and talking to 2 people at the same time as opposed to only have a single phone talking to one person, hanging up and calling another. Also xbox has only released
    wireless adapters that are compatible on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz using the standards b/g (2.4 GHz) a(5 GHz) on the old wireless adapters and then the new wireless adapters can do those other standards plus n(2.4/5 GHz).
  6. Christopher Revoredo Win User

    Xbox series x cannot connect to 5 ghz band

    Okay let me suggest something stronger!

    The first step in resetting an Xbox is to open the main menu. This can be accomplished in one of two ways:

    Press the home button on your Xbox controller. This is the illuminated button with a stylized X that is centrally located on the front of the controller near the top.

    Alternately, you can press the left bumper until you reach the home tab, and then press left on the d-pad.

    Press down on the d-pad until you reach the gear icon.

    Press the A button to select the gear icon.

    With all settings highlighted, press the A button again to open the settings menu.

    Press down on the d-pad until you reach System.

    Press the A button to open the ​System submenu.

    With console info highlighted, press the A button again.

    Press down on the d-pad to select reset console.

    Press the A button to select this option and move to the final step.

    Press left on the d-pad to select Reset and remove everything. Then press the A button.

    YOU WILL NEED YOUR EMAIL AND PASSWORD
Thema:

: Xbox Series X 5 GHz Issues

Loading...
  1. : Xbox Series X 5 GHz Issues - Similar Threads - Series GHz Issues

  2. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  3. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  4. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  5. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  6. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  7. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  8. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  9. Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting from WiFi for 20-30 seconds on 5 gHz

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting from WiFi for 20-30 seconds on 5 gHz: I have an Xbox Series X and have had it for a while. I have had connectivity issues in the past, with my Xbox cutting out for 20-30 seconds on my WiFi, which is enough to disconnect me from online...
  10. I bought a new Xbox Series S but it only detect and connect to 2.4 ghz wifi , but not able...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought a new Xbox Series S but it only detect and connect to 2.4 ghz wifi , but not able...: I bought a new Xbox Series S but it only detect and connect to 2.4 ghz wifi , but not able to detect and connect to 5ghz wifi . Is there any solution or i have to replace the unit?...

Users found this page by searching for:

  1. xbox series x issues forums