Xbox Series X 4K not working on Samsung Frame TV with AVR

Discus and support Xbox Series X 4K not working on Samsung Frame TV with AVR in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I have a 2020 Samsung Frame TV, a Denon X3700H receiver, and an Xbox Series X, and I can’t get 4k to work with the Xbox. The Xbox detects that the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jordan Struck, Oct 30, 2023.

1. Xbox Series X 4K not working on Samsung Frame TV with AVR

Hi, I have a 2020 Samsung Frame TV, a Denon X3700H receiver, and an Xbox Series X, and I can’t get 4k to work with the Xbox. The Xbox detects that the TV supports 4K, but when I select 4K on it it just goes black and then the TV says no signal for the HDMI for the AVR. Troubleshooting ideas?

:)

Jordan Struck, Oct 30, 2023
  2. Jordan Struck Win User

I’d be happy with 4K 60 but it’s forcing me to do 1080p or I get the no signal error, any ideas on that?
  3. kyle_m4496 Win User

I see, so the AVR must be connected to HDMI 3. Unfortunately, this means that the receiver or Xbox can't take advantage of HDMI 2.1 bandwidth, so 4K 120Hz will not be available (120Hz is supported on 55"+ models of the Frame TV)

Is Input Signal Plus enabled in your TV settings?

Navigate to Settings on your TV.
    Select General and then select External Device Manager.
    Select the Input Signal Plus.
    Select the HDMI port that your AVR will be connected to (HDMI 3)

Thanks,
    Kyle
  4. Jordan Struck Win User

5. Jordan Struck Win User

Hi Kyle,

I tried both the GAME and 8K. It's in the 8K for now, but neither seemed to make a difference. I haven't tried it directly into the Samsung Frame because its mounted on a mantle and the Samsung HDMI ports are in a alcove behind it, no where for the Xbox to sit (not sure if that makes sense?).

When the Xbox assess the TV it says it should support 4K and 60 frames, those both have green check marks---and I know it's a 4K TV, I stream 4k content from my Firestick 4K all the time.
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

An HDMi repeater takes one signal and sends it out through two outputs on the box

one goes to the 4K, one to the EARC

It doesn't always work, depending on hardware, but it should run you under $20 on amazon to try.

The first 3D players had two outputs for this reason
Thema:

1. Xbox Series X 4K not working on Samsung Frame TV with AVR - Similar Threads - Series working Samsung

2. Will my 5 or 6 year game drive work on a series x

in XBoX on Windows
    Will my 5 or 6 year game drive work on a series x: I have an 8tb Seagate game drive that is 5-6 years old. I have it connected to my one x. I'm looking to upgrade to a series x and want to know if my game drive is compatible or if I will have to...
  3. Xbox Series X Capture not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Capture not working: Since about 10pm ET last night I am unable to capture gameplay on my series x. It was working prior to that. When I hit the button I have mapped nothing happens. I tested the button to make sure...
  4. Wireless display (xbox series s) won't work between my tablet samsung s6 lite and samsung s21+

in XBoX on Windows
    Wireless display (xbox series s) won't work between my tablet samsung s6 lite and samsung s21+: When i try to use smat view on the devices the app on the series s loads just a little bit and then stops. I don't know what to do 263c8077-b8b6-4253-97a4-464060b952d1
  5. Will A Punkston th61 60% mechanical keyboard work with the xbox series s? Worried that it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will A Punkston th61 60% mechanical keyboard work with the xbox series s? Worried that it...: Need help with this so i know if i should buy a new keyboard or not 35afac02-b529-437e-8284-b733e15c36bc
  6. Some of the buttons on my Series X controller just stopped working...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of the buttons on my Series X controller just stopped working...: Hi! I was playing Forza Horizon 5 when I went back to the Home Screen to do something but after I did that my controller decided it didn't wanna respond to anything unless I was pressing the Xbox...
  7. I bought Xbox series X in Sweden. What kind of adaptor I would need for it to work in the US?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought Xbox series X in Sweden. What kind of adaptor I would need for it to work in the US?: I am moving from Sweden to the US. I want to understand what kind of adaptor is needed for my appliances to work in the US. 3fa1c45a-2806-4ad4-9279-b6a95f0cc042
  8. Why are my games and apps suddenly not working on my Xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are my games and apps suddenly not working on my Xbox series s: All games and apps stopped working. Recently did a hard reset trying to fix controller issues and now none of my apps and games are working. Which is odd because earlier today they were working...
  9. Xbox series S isn’t working right

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series S isn’t working right: So earlier my Xbox series S was working fine and I even played Hi-Fi Rush on it before I just simply pressed the “quite game” thing whenever you want to leave quickly. So here I am where non of my...
  10. Xbox Series X not working with 2023 Samsung TV Remote

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X not working with 2023 Samsung TV Remote: My Xbox Series X (Diablo pack) does not work with my Samsung Smart Tv (2022 edition). They told me this was a special created tv to use with the Series X. It works perfect, only this function is...