Xbox Series S/X internal SSD manual upgrades (plus bigger more affordable expansion cards?)

Discus and support Xbox Series S/X internal SSD manual upgrades (plus bigger more affordable expansion cards?) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Please consider releasing a feature for manually replacing and formatting the 2230 M.2 SSD inside the Xbox Series S/X consoles to upgrade read/write... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/StrayanDoc, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Xbox Series S/X internal SSD manual upgrades (plus bigger more affordable expansion cards?)

Please consider releasing a feature for manually replacing and formatting the 2230 M.2 SSD inside the Xbox Series S/X consoles to upgrade read/write speeds and overall storage space. Obviously this feature won't be coming any time soon because 2230 SSDs aren't widely available yet, so please collaborate with Western Digital/other companies to release 2230 SSDs to the public.

I appreciate the quick simple design of the plug-in expansion card, but it is very expensive, only offers 1TB, and it awkwardly sticks out the back of the console.

It took you guys awhile but you eventually made it possible to change the Xbox One internal hard drives to other drives and SATA SSDs with a simple Offline System Update, so I'm hoping something similar will be possible for the XSX/S.

The last thing I want to do is bend the knee to Snoy, but they did have a good idea in mind with the PS5 SSD expansion slot that suits M.2 SSDs at current sizes:
    https://www.playstation.com/en-au/support/hardware/ps5-install-m2-ssd/

submitted by /u/StrayanDoc
    [link] [comments]

/u/StrayanDoc, Sep 26, 2021
  2. Smwutches Win User

Why can’t I play games direct from seagate hard drive??

Are you using a Series S/X?

Series S/X optimized games can only run from the internal SSD or an expansion card made specifically for the Series S/X.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Why can I not install game pass games on the USB external hard drive?

4. Smwutches Win User

Why does my friend have to copy a game from his external to his internal hard drive?

If he has a Series S/X and is trying to play a Series S/X optimized game, it will only run on the internal drive or on an expansion card made for the Series S/X. It won't run on a regular external hard drive or SSD.
  5. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Pre download Xbox Series X games

Not really...

Xbox Series X games / upgrades / updates has to be installed onto the Series X internal or expansion card SSD,

You can have Xbox One games on your external hard drive that will get an Series X upgrade but the games will need to be transferred to the Series X and then the Series X upgrade will need to be downloaded onto the Series X SSD,

As an example...

I have Marvel Avengers on my external hard drive that will get the Series X upgrade and I will transfer the game over to the Series X SSD ready to download and update the game to the Series X version when available.
  6. Smwutches Win User

External Storage for Xbox One and Xbox S

You can use a hard drive that is USB 3.0 or 3.1 It doesn't have to be an SSD. I have a regular HDD myself and it works fine.

On the Series S/X, Series S/X games and upgraded One games will only run from the internal drive or the Seagate Expansion Card. You can still store the games on a USB storage device and move it to the internal to play if needed.
Thema:

Xbox Series S/X internal SSD manual upgrades (plus bigger more affordable expansion cards?)

1. Xbox Series S/X internal SSD manual upgrades (plus bigger more affordable expansion cards?) - Similar Threads - Series internal SSD

2. With respect to the Internal Storage of the Xbox Series X how long is Seagate going to have...

in XBoX on Consoles
    With respect to the Internal Storage of the Xbox Series X how long is Seagate going to have...: I have an 8TB Western Digital external HD for my Xbox One. You can play games directly from the HD. Yet on the Series X you cannot do this and instead an External HD is only capable of storing...
  3. How does internal fan xbox series s work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How does internal fan xbox series s work?: Does internal fan xbox series s always on when you saving energy mode? Or maybe just sleep mode? I want internal fan on my xbox always on, so it can make my xbox cool faster after heat and...
  4. Missing Series X internal SSD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Missing Series X internal SSD: I bought a Series X from auction and it's missing the internal SSD. Can I buy another one and get patches from Microsoft to get it working again? 8571ac02-1aac-45bc-9c1e-62268497f77a
  5. Xbox series x needs to reset internal power supply every time it turns off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x needs to reset internal power supply every time it turns off: Hello, My series X was repaired for the 3rd straight time and I just got it back. Now it’s playable, But every time I shut the console off, it will not turn on, main power button won’t do...
  6. If I clone the current ssd could I upgrade my xbox series s internal ssd?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I clone the current ssd could I upgrade my xbox series s internal ssd?: I was think of cloning the internal ssd to a ssd with more storage and just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything preventing that. 072ac913-c1c7-4a5c-8c80-1bb42db108c9
  7. Damaged internal hard drive nvme of my xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Damaged internal hard drive nvme of my xbox series s: The internal hard drive of my xbox series s definitely got damaged, my question is the following: I just have to buy another drive with the same characteristics as the damaged drive: nvme 512gb...
  8. Is Xbox series X/S internal SSD flaw will be solved in the future ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is Xbox series X/S internal SSD flaw will be solved in the future ?: Hello Microsoft technicians ! This is my first question at Microsoft forums and to begin, I recently purchased Xbox Series X and I love spending my time playing on it to be frank ! that's why I...
  9. My Xbox Series S internal ssd damage now it's not working what to do please any solution...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S internal ssd damage now it's not working what to do please any solution...: I'm using xbox series s it's warranty out console and the internal ssd got damaged and now my console is not working What to do any suggestions or solution to repair it...
  10. Xbox Series S Storage problem moving games from external storage Device to internal Storage

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series S Storage problem moving games from external storage Device to internal Storage: Instale un disco duro externo en mi Xbox series S para almacenar juegos de que algunos juegos optimizados para la nueva generación no pueden ser reproducidos directamente del disco duro y tienen...