Xbox Series S|X controller just blinking via USB

Discus and support Xbox Series S|X controller just blinking via USB in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've been trying to connect my controller via usb to my Windows 11 desktop. When trying this the controller just blinks and doesn't connect. things... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WRDSY, Feb 11, 2024.

1. WRDSY
    WRDSY Guest

I've been trying to connect my controller via usb to my Windows 11 desktop. When trying this the controller just blinks and doesn't connect.

things I've tried:

- 6 different type-C cables
    - Updated firmware on my Xbox
    - Tried different controllers

I can't use Bluetooth since my motherboard doesn't support it.

Any suggestions?

:)

WRDSY, Feb 11, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi WRDSY, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, make sure your Windows is updated:

https://support.microsoft.com/windo...eshooter-19bc41ca-ad72-ae67-af3c-89ce169755dd

Then, please, on your computer start bar, search for "Services.msc" and open it.

Scroll down to the bottom of the list and right-click the "Xbox Accessory Management Service"

Select Properties > On this window, change the initialization/startup type to Automatic.

Click OK and restart your computer.

After that, please, try connecting the controller while on the Xbox Accessories App home window.

To download it: https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/9NBLGGH30XJ3

Open it and connect your controller.

Let me know if it works!
  3. WRDSY Win User

Sadly didn't fix it :/

The accessory app won't work since my PC won't recognize the controller since it's just blinking
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

How to use Xbox Elite Series 2 audio jack while wirelessly connected to Win 10 PC?

Hi,

The 3.5mm headphone jack on Xbox One/Series X|S controllers (including Elite controllers) does not work when connected via Bluetooth. It will only work via USB or the official Xbox wireless adaptor.
  5. HomegrownSilky Win User

Why can I not install game pass games on the USB external hard drive?

Series S/X games cannot be played from a hard drive connected via USB. Series S/X games can only be played from the internal drive or the official expansion cards that attach directly in the back of the console. Again, no USB connected drives can play Series S/X games.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Adapter Xbox 360 for PC and new controller.

Hi,

I’m Killing Skids

The Answer Is Yes as Long As it has Bluetooth or wireless connection
    Hi,

That's not quite right. Apologies for quoting you.

The Xbox 360 controller uses a proprietary wireless technology, it's not Bluetooth and the old adaptors won't work with a modern controller like the Xbox One or Series X|S controllers.

Unlike Xbox 360 wireless controllers, Xbox One and Series controllers can also be connected via USB cable. Old Xbox One controllers use Micro USB, Series Controllers are USB C.

To use an Xbox One/ Series controller via wireless on a PC and get basic functionality, all you need to do is connect the controller via Bluetooth. If your PC doesn't have Bluetooth then you'll need to buy a Bluetooth USB dongle, they're very cheap, less than $10. I'm from the UK and I connect my Series X controller to my PC via BT dongle I purchased from Amazon for about £5.

For extra wireless features you'll need the Xbox One Wireless Adaptor for Windows 10. Unfortunately, the official Microsoft branded adaptors are now quite rare.
Thema:

1. Xbox Series S|X controller just blinking via USB - Similar Threads - Series S|X controller

2. Series x/s controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x/s controller: I've been having what I wanna say like input delays or something cause when I go the hit the Y and A buttons sometimes it don't register that I hit it.. is it safe to say take it back were I got...
  3. Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?: I don't have xbox console, only the controller. I use it to play games on my laptop (windows 10). I left the controller untouched quite some time (2 or 3 months without playing). when i came back...
  4. Xbox Wireless Controller – 20th Anniversary Special Edition for Xbox Series X|S bricked...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller – 20th Anniversary Special Edition for Xbox Series X|S bricked...: I have a Xbox Wireless Controller – 20th Anniversary Special Edition for Xbox Series X|S. I'm using the controller on my PC with Windows 11.The controller was working fine via bluetooth. I...
  5. I have been having an issue with stick drift in my Xbox series X/S ( Shock Blue controller)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have been having an issue with stick drift in my Xbox series X/S ( Shock Blue controller): I have been having bad luck when it comes to Xbox controllers and stick drift. I have updated them to the current firmware, I have used them sparingly, as to not ruin the controller. My left...
  6. Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...: When I came back home as I brought my Xbox to my friends house, it always disconnects from the WiFi and I don't know why. When it disconnected, my controller also disconnected....
  7. Xbox 360 controller remake for the series x and s

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox 360 controller remake for the series x and s: I feel like it would be so cool for them to remake a Xbox 360 controller for the new Xbox series X and S they did it with the OG Xbox controller.. it would be so nostalgic plus it was so comfy to...
  8. Xbox Series X|S controller not connecting to PC via Bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X|S controller not connecting to PC via Bluetooth: Hello! Since this morning my Xbox Series X|S controller is not working properly. I bought it a couple weeks ago and it was working perfectly, but today suddenly stopped being recognized by my PC...
  9. Why is my Xbox One Series X/S Controller Entering Inputs for the Web Browser

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox One Series X/S Controller Entering Inputs for the Web Browser: I am able to use my Xbox controller with a wired connection with no problems for steam and games on steam but, whenever I try to play a game on Xbox Cloud Gaming the controller enters in inputs...
  10. I cannot connect my Xbox controller Series S/X to Windows 10.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot connect my Xbox controller Series S/X to Windows 10.: I cannot connect my Xbox controller Series S/X to Windows 10. I want to connect my Xbox controller to Windows 10 via Bluetooth for gaming. but when I want to add my controller, it does not...