Xbox series s won't set up after factory reset

Discus and support Xbox series s won't set up after factory reset in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; After my wifi went out both my xbox series s said I needed additional authentication, I have had this problem before and I just had to factory reset it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jaycee373, Jan 13, 2024.

1. jaycee373
    jaycee373 Guest

After my wifi went out both my xbox series s said I needed additional authentication, I have had this problem before and I just had to factory reset it which worked fine the first time, but now when I try setting up on my mobile phone it says "Make sure the code entered matches the code on your TV." Then try again." which after putting in the correct code multiple times just won't work. I tried doing it on the xbox itself after clicking "Skip" I pick my language and put in my wifi password and it says its all good and connected to the wifi but then it sent me back to the language page after clicking "continue" I have tried reseting my wifi but now I have no idea what to do.

:)

jaycee373, Jan 13, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

3. David Wirsching Win User

The accounts on my xbox seem to be getting mixed up

Hello, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

To help you resolve this issue, I suggest the following steps:

Check your account settings, go to Xbox Series S settings and navigate to the Account section. Make sure your account is set as the primary account in the console. You can also review the account details and make sure they match your desired settings, such as profile picture, email, and background.

We'll also try to sign out of your account on Xbox Series S and then sign back in. This can help update account settings and potentially resolve any sync issues.

We also tried deleting and re-adding the account: If the problem persists, you can try deleting your Xbox Series S account and then re-add it. This process will require you to sign in again with your account credentials and may help reset any incorrect settings.

Finally you can try resetting the console to factory settings: if the above steps do not solve the problem, you may need to perform a factory reset on your Xbox Series S. This will restore the console to its original settings and remove all accounts and data. . Please note that performing a factory reset will delete all locally saved data, so be sure to back up all important files before proceeding.

Here's how you can do it:

1. On the Xbox Series S Home screen, press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
    2. Navigate to the profile picture in the top-left corner and select it.
    3. From the dropdown menu, select "Settings."
    4. In the Settings menu, choose the "System" tab.
    5. Select "Console Info" and then "Reset console."
    6. Choose between the options "Reset and remove everything" or "Reset and keep my games & apps" based on your preference. The former will remove all data, while the latter will keep your installed games and apps.
    7. Follow the on-screen prompts to confirm the factory reset and initiate the process.

Remember, performing a factory reset should only be done as a last resort, as it will remove all locally saved data on the console.

I hope this helps.
    Best regards.
  4. Just a Volunteer Win User

I can’t download any games on my Xbox. I powered it off reset everything even did a factory reset

"reset everything even did a factory reset"

Is the console connected to the xbox network?

Have you set up the console with your account after the factory refresh?
  5. 8ea13d71-ba5f-4980-b Win User

Xbox One X Freezing, Lagging, Crashing

Have you tried a factory reset and try doing an offline system update ? To me it seems you corrupted the os on the xbox installed to the internal drive. If you interrupted the update. So i suggest doing a fresh system update while offline after a factory reset. Apart from that any change in the boot animation aka the boot logo when you first boot up the xbox. The time it takes to get to the dashboard before and after this happened. That happened to my xbox series s regardless of being in standby and powersaving.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox Series S

Thema:

1. Xbox series s won't set up after factory reset - Similar Threads - series won't set

2. I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...: Won't connect after I just bought it and I have already done the basics, could it not be getting enough power? a1ef56d7-a2ae-434d-abab-b74dac6e2515
  3. Wireless display (xbox series s) won't work between my tablet samsung s6 lite and samsung s21+

in XBoX on Windows
    Wireless display (xbox series s) won't work between my tablet samsung s6 lite and samsung s21+: When i try to use smat view on the devices the app on the series s loads just a little bit and then stops. I don't know what to do 263c8077-b8b6-4253-97a4-464060b952d1
  4. Xbox Series X controller won't connect properly to console

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Series X controller won't connect properly to console: Randomly one day It stopped working even when connected to the console with a USB chord and whenever I try to turn it on, the light just keeps blinking slowly and doesn't want to turn on. I...
  5. Disc games won't download on my series x

in XboX Insiders
    Disc games won't download on my series x: So I've recently started to download/redownload some disc games on my series x such as watchdogs 2 and titanfall 2 but they keep stopping I've tried to reinstall but its doesn't work can someone...
  6. My YouTube won't open on my Xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    My YouTube won't open on my Xbox series s: It all started when I reseted my Xbox cause the party was being weird and after I reseted my youtube didn't work I didn't think much of it cause I was trying to connect to the Xbox network but...
  7. Xbox Series X won't display 4k after latest console update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X won't display 4k after latest console update: So as the title says, my xbox won't display 4k after the latest console update. This is why I always avoid updating but this would keep me off-line. Can I revert the update somehow? Thanks....
  8. GTA 5 won't install on my Xbox One Series X (disk)

in XBoX on Consoles
    GTA 5 won't install on my Xbox One Series X (disk): When I put in the first disk into my Xbox it asked for the second disk. I wasn't able to put both of the disks inside so I ejected it and put in the second disk. However when I did that it was not...
  9. Why won't anything on my Xbox series S load not even my settings

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't anything on my Xbox series S load not even my settings: Why won't anything load on my Xbox series S not even settings. cb33fe2b-c145-46a1-ae30-9489e942a2fe
  10. Why won't my series s pick up is set ipv6 but all

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my series s pick up is set ipv6 but all: Spoken to is and all good their side console won't budge 96190244-6b3d-4df2-bfb8-84fe035a39fa