Xbox Series S won't accept correct Wi-Fi Password when reconnecting

Discus and support Xbox Series S won't accept correct Wi-Fi Password when reconnecting in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I can't connect to the internet on my Xbox series X, with the correct name and password. 578dea74-cc02-4840-a79b-a29e0b2dd528 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by e_341, Dec 21, 2022.

1. e_341
    e_341 Guest

I can't connect to the internet on my Xbox series X, with the correct name and password.

:)

e_341, Dec 21, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello e_341, what exactly happens when you try to enter your network password on your Xbox, what error message does it throw?

If possible have you tried to connect it by network cable?

Have you tried any procedures on your console, if so, which ones?
  3. KhajiBower34 Win User

Xbox series s disconnects and won't reconnect to wifi saying password doesn't match when it does

Hello Stoop14mc , My name is Khaji I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing Wi-Fi connection issues with your Xbox Series S. Here are some steps you can take to try to fix this issue:

Check your Wi-Fi password: Make sure you're entering the correct password when trying to connect your Xbox Series S to your Wi-Fi network. You can check the password on your router or ask your Internet provider to provide you with the correct password if you have forgotten it.
    Restart your router: Turn off your Wi-Fi router and disconnect it from the power source for a few minutes. Then turn it back on and wait for it to reboot completely. Once the router is online again, try connecting your Xbox Series S to the Wi-Fi network.
    Forget Wi-Fi on Xbox: Go to the network settings on your Xbox Series S and look for the option to forget the Wi-Fi network you're trying to connect to. Then try to connect again by entering the correct password. This can help resolve incorrect authentication issues.
    Check Wi-Fi signal strength: Make sure the Xbox Series S is close enough to the router to receive a strong, stable Wi-Fi signal. If you are far from the router, the signal may be weak and cause connection problems. Try moving the Xbox Series S closer to the router and see if that fixes the issue.
    Update your router's firmware: Check if firmware updates are available for your Wi-Fi router and, if necessary, update it to the latest version. Firmware updates often fix compatibility issues and improve connection stability.
    Reset Xbox Series S network settings: If the above steps do not resolve the issue, you can try resetting the network settings on your Xbox Series S. Go to the console's network settings and look for the option to reset settings network. Please note that this will erase any custom network settings and you will need to reconfigure your Wi-Fi connection from scratch.

If the reply was helpful, please don't forget to upvote or accept as an answer, thank you
  4. andersonpassos Win User

Why won't my wifi connect to my xbox?

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good afternoon

Wi-Fi signal strength, your Xbox may not be receiving a strong enough Wi-Fi signal to connect to your network. Try moving your Xbox closer to your Wi-Fi router, or consider adding a Wi-Fi extender or repeater to boost your Wi-Fi signal.

Network ID and Password, make sure that you are entering the correct network ID (SSID) and password for your Wi-Fi network. Double-check to ensure that you are not mistyping any characters or accidentally using capital letters when they are not required.
  5. Nursemorph Win User

How to get wifi key to xbox one?

Your router won't allow a device to connect to it's Wi-Fi unless the password is entered.

Are you saying the Wi-Fi password contains more characters than the XB1 entry box allows?
  6. Rishabh0067 Win User

Why is my xbox series s disconnecting from wifi?

Hi
    My name is Rishabh an Independent Adviser, I hope you are doing great out there. I’m happy to help you with your question.

Experiencing Wi-Fi connectivity issues on your Xbox Series S can be frustrating, especially when accompanied by error messages. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the problem:

1. Restart the Console:

A simple restart can sometimes resolve connectivity issues. Turn off your Xbox Series S, wait for a few seconds, then turn it back on.

2. Check Wi-Fi Signal Strength:

Make sure your Xbox is within a reasonable range of your Wi-Fi router and not obstructed by walls or other obstacles. A weak Wi-Fi signal can lead to connectivity problems.

3. Check Other Devices:

If other devices in your home are also experiencing Wi-Fi issues, it could be a problem with your router or internet service provider. Restart your router and modem to see if that improves the situation.

4. Forget and Reconnect to Wi-Fi:

On your Xbox Series S, go to "Settings" > "General" > "Network settings."
    Select your Wi-Fi network, then choose "Forget."
    Reconnect to your Wi-Fi network and enter the password again.

5. Update Console Software:

Make sure your Xbox Series S is running the latest system software update. Sometimes, updates include fixes for connectivity issues.
    Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Go to "Profile & system" > "Settings."
    Select "System" > "Updates" > "Update console."

6. Check for System Update Errors:

If there were issues during a recent update, it could have affected connectivity. Try checking for system update errors:
    Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Go to "Profile & system" > "Settings."
    Select "System" > "Console info" > "Update status."
    If there's an issue, follow the on-screen instructions to resolve it.

7. Hard Reset:

Perform a hard reset by holding down the power button on the front of the Xbox Series S for about 10 seconds until it fully powers off. Then, turn it back on.

8. Factory Reset (Last Resort):

If none of the above steps work, you might consider performing a factory reset. This should be a last resort and should only be done after backing up your important data

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks and regards
    Rishabh Sohal
Thema:

1. Xbox Series S won't accept correct Wi-Fi Password when reconnecting - Similar Threads - Series won't accept

2. I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought my Xbox series x and it won't connect to my wifi I have already restarted my...: Won't connect after I just bought it and I have already done the basics, could it not be getting enough power? a1ef56d7-a2ae-434d-abab-b74dac6e2515
  3. Wireless display (xbox series s) won't work between my tablet samsung s6 lite and samsung s21+

in XBoX on Windows
    Wireless display (xbox series s) won't work between my tablet samsung s6 lite and samsung s21+: When i try to use smat view on the devices the app on the series s loads just a little bit and then stops. I don't know what to do 263c8077-b8b6-4253-97a4-464060b952d1
  4. Xbox Series X controller won't connect properly to console

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Series X controller won't connect properly to console: Randomly one day It stopped working even when connected to the console with a USB chord and whenever I try to turn it on, the light just keeps blinking slowly and doesn't want to turn on. I...
  5. Disc games won't download on my series x

in XboX Insiders
    Disc games won't download on my series x: So I've recently started to download/redownload some disc games on my series x such as watchdogs 2 and titanfall 2 but they keep stopping I've tried to reinstall but its doesn't work can someone...
  6. My YouTube won't open on my Xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    My YouTube won't open on my Xbox series s: It all started when I reseted my Xbox cause the party was being weird and after I reseted my youtube didn't work I didn't think much of it cause I was trying to connect to the Xbox network but...
  7. Xbox Series X won't display 4k after latest console update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X won't display 4k after latest console update: So as the title says, my xbox won't display 4k after the latest console update. This is why I always avoid updating but this would keep me off-line. Can I revert the update somehow? Thanks....
  8. GTA 5 won't install on my Xbox One Series X (disk)

in XBoX on Consoles
    GTA 5 won't install on my Xbox One Series X (disk): When I put in the first disk into my Xbox it asked for the second disk. I wasn't able to put both of the disks inside so I ejected it and put in the second disk. However when I did that it was not...
  9. Series X won't connect to online games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X won't connect to online games.: My xbox is currently unable to connect to any online games. Each one prompts me with the games own "could not connect to online services." I have tried hard resetting, unplugging and waiting 5...
  10. Blu-Ray won't install on Series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Blu-Ray won't install on Series X: Previously had Blu-Ray Player on my Xbox Series X, and it worked fine, until today, when it suddenly decided it needed to be connected to Wi-Fi to work, no problem, connected it to Wi-Fi, then...