Xbox Series S will not allow local coop multi-player

Discus and support Xbox Series S will not allow local coop multi-player in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just purchased a new Xbox series S for my son for Christmas. When he and I try and play 2 player games on Xbox Game Pass, it won’t allow us to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jordan C2, Dec 22, 2022.

1. Jordan C2
    Jordan C2 Guest

I just purchased a new Xbox series S for my son for Christmas. When he and I try and play 2 player games on Xbox Game Pass, it won’t allow us to connect the second player. Both controllers are on, the main controller is signed into my main account and the second is signed in as a guest but it still won’t allow the addition of a second player. Is this a defect? Is there a fix?

:)

Jordan C2, Dec 22, 2022
  2. ngocphi Win User

It depends om the game

Not all gsmes allow local coop only multiplayer
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community and Merry Christmas.~

Hello Jordan, what game would you be trying to play with two players?

In addition to the guest account, have you tried adding a second account on your console and testing to see if the game recognizes it?

If you can give more details, i`ll be waiting for your reply.
  4. WPAK Win User

What games are for 2 players

Hi there,

there are several games that allow 2 or more players, the question now is, do you mean on 1 console or also via multiple consoles.

If it's splitscreen then you could try the Store app, it has a filter on local coop or local multiplayer, as far as I know it will show both Xbox and PC games so be aware of that.
  5. Elus1ve Yeti Win User

Army of Two

BizzardRide,

"Some multi-player functionalities may no longer be supported".

Multi-player= More than ONE player online or local

that statement above is Microsoft's way of letting your know that you may or may not be able to play with more than one player.

On August 11, 2011 the Army of Two online servers were shut down by EA due to lack of players.

"no refunds"

Simply means no refunds, you should always read the ENTIRE description and make sure you know 100% what your are purchasing before you buy it. If you were to go into a local game store and purchase the game the back of the box would still describe online:
    Multiplayer and Coop available.
  6. Rahziel66 Win User

Gears 4 and 5 on PC Splitscreen Co-op Controller Issues

The description for Gears 5 says local coop is support for campaign and hive busters. Local coop is also supported In the campaign for Gears 4. I can play local coop in these campaigns so I know it is supported. The controllers are the issue. Do you know how to resolve both controllers playing as player 1?
Thema:

1. Xbox Series S will not allow local coop multi-player - Similar Threads - Series allow local

2. Why doesn’t my Xbox series s connect to xfinity wifi I tried to login and it doesn’t allow...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn’t my Xbox series s connect to xfinity wifi I tried to login and it doesn’t allow...: I dont understand why my Xbox won’t connect to my via network 0540cb0c-6d58-4834-b2ea-cf0f37fd08f3
  3. How do I get my 8tb seagate game hub to allow me to play Xbox series s/x games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get my 8tb seagate game hub to allow me to play Xbox series s/x games?: So I recently bought a 8tb game hub for my Xbox series s to add storage, i formatted it and got everything working. But after I spent hours transferring things, it wouldn’t allow me to play my...
  4. why am I not allowed to start games on my series s through my USB hard drive, they charge...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why am I not allowed to start games on my series s through my USB hard drive, they charge...: I got a hard drive in just to test if it would let me install more stuff and it showed 1tb on the storage space thing, I thought it was all set up but apparently I can't play the games by the USB...
  5. Monitor specs which will allow playing Fortnite at 120fps on Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Monitor specs which will allow playing Fortnite at 120fps on Xbox series S: Hello. Could anyone tell me what are the specs I should look into when buying a monitor, so that it can be used for playing Fortnite on Xbox series S at 120fps? I have recently acquired a monitor...
  6. The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black...: The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black and nothing happens. I can play these videos on my phone, TV and tablet with no problem. I do NOT have...
  7. My profile is not allowed to play on the Xbox network for Xbox series X how can I fix this

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My profile is not allowed to play on the Xbox network for Xbox series X how can I fix this: My profile is not allowed to play on Xbox network Xbox series X how can I fix this 646b01e6-88df-437b-9ab2-e29ae5af7aba
  8. Xbox series s not allowing cloud gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series s not allowing cloud gaming: I have the xbox ultimate pass and can play the cloud based games no problem on pc, and other devices, however.... I keep getting "Failed to start cloud gaming session, unable to communicate with...
  9. Xbox Series S doesn't allow audio passthrough on Netflix and YouTube app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S doesn't allow audio passthrough on Netflix and YouTube app: Hello, When Xbox Series S audio is set to output uncompressed stereo with Passthrough enabled, Netflix and YouTube apps output uncompressed stereo instead of Dolby digital plus such as Disney+ or...
  10. (solved) Xbox series s not allowing me to connect to xbox live or start any game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    (solved) Xbox series s not allowing me to connect to xbox live or start any game.: So today i was about to play something on my Xbox series s and when i selected a game it reset my Xbox and now says i have a wired connection when i don't and now whenever i try to start any game...